Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 mod - need suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zoom2136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoom2136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 mod - need suggestions
    Posted: 17 July 2006 at 1:21pm

Hey guys... I previously had an A-5 (that I sold about a year ago ) and I I'm now thinking of bying a new one. This is the setup that I am consedering... Please let me know if any parts are incompatible or just plain overkill...

A5 with E-Grip

Rampage board with solenoid (will kept the stock board and solenoid as backup)

Rufus dawg's wicked bolt (A-5)

Palmer's A5 high flow QEV kit (for the cyclonne)

TechT A5 Vortex MOD (for the cyclonne)

Springer Paintball modified LPK kit (with female palmer stab reg)

98 Flatline for the A5 with RIS rails (from Underground MOD Shop (UMS)) http://undergroundmodshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath =21&products_id=39

Picatanny Bi-Pod (from UMS)

Tapco M249 SAW Stock

Maddman Spring Kit for the A5

Pro-Team TAC-CAP

East Gate Hopper Offset (from UMS)

Tactical riser rail mount (from UMS)

What you guys think ???

In my sig was my old marker setup... now have a Bob Long Intimidator Empire and an Autocker...

Edited by Zoom2136 - 17 July 2006 at 3:00pm
In the market for a new A5
- sold mine last year :o(
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 1:25pm
Sounds decent... Not sure about the 98 Flatline...
Mrepp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 1:47pm
well if your going to go with the high flow QEV the Springer Paintball modified LPK kit (with female palmer stab reg) isent going to work well. Persionally I would go with a HPA tank for the price of the LPK but thats me. If you want the LPK you have to run the low QEV I belive. I've been known to be wrong.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 1:57pm
Dont bother with the new bolts, or the bipod.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Dont bother with the new bolts.

Edited by Dan db09 - 17 July 2006 at 1:58pm
tippya5extreme View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filterdodging/Language 7/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 2:15pm

dont put all the stocks and rail crap on your gun. i use to have all that stuff and it wasn't pratical at all. it was way to heavy.

here is my setup:

tippmann a5

ape rampage board with selonoid

vortex mod

jcs dual trigger

techline reg

low pressure kit

smart parts pro seal power tube

drop forward

freak barrel kit

i love my setup and im still upgrading.

tippya5extreme
Zoom2136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoom2136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 2:56pm

Originally posted by Mrepp Mrepp wrote:

well if your going to go with the high flow QEV the Springer Paintball modified LPK kit (with female palmer stab reg) isent going to work well. Persionally I would go with a HPA tank for the price of the LPK but thats me. If you want the LPK you have to run the low QEV I belive. I've been known to be wrong.

I still have my Air America App 2K tank (fully adj. output pressure) and last I spoke with the folks at Springer Paintball they told me that I did not even need a palmer reg... that I could just run it directly from my HPA tank...

What could be the problem with the setup... is it that the cyclonn will not have enough pressure (air) to cycle ??? I understand that I need the Low Pressure QEV MOD for it to work... but according to you this could still be a problem ????

Edited by Zoom2136 - 17 July 2006 at 2:58pm
Zoom2136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoom2136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by tippya5extreme tippya5extreme wrote:

dont put all the stocks and rail crap on your gun. i use to have all that stuff and it wasn't pratical at all. it was way to heavy.

I like the "look" of the gun when it's trick out that way... and I will run it on a remote... so I'm at least cutting down the weight due to my tank

And... BTW I'm 6'2" 220 pounds... I can carry a BFG around

Edited by Zoom2136 - 17 July 2006 at 3:03pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Zoom2136 Zoom2136 wrote:

Originally posted by tippya5extreme tippya5extreme wrote:

I like the "look" of the gun when it's trick out that way... and I will run it on a remote... so I'm at least cutting down the weight due to my HPA tank

trust me your not. the time you get stocks mags and bipods and rails, scopes and other stuff is going to be heavy. this is what my gun use to look like VVVV

the only thing that isn't in the picture was a bipod. i didn't like it so i switch to speedball gun.

VVVVV

tippya5extreme
Zoom2136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoom2136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 3:30pm

[/QUOTE] the only thing that isn't in the picture was a bipod. i didn't like it so i switch to speedball gun.[/QUOTE]

Already have a BL Intimidator Empire  for speedball

I'm mostly looking for comments of the "performance" upgrade rather then the "visual" mod... but still... keep then comming all input is good and appreciated...

Edited by Zoom2136 - 17 July 2006 at 3:32pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 3:33pm
get a freek barrel kit.

tippya5extreme
Mrepp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Zoom2136 Zoom2136 wrote:

Originally posted by Mrepp Mrepp wrote:

I still have my Air America App 2K tank (fully adj. output pressure) and last I spoke with the folks at Springer Paintball they told me that I did not even need a palmer reg... that I could just run it directly from my HPA tank...

What could be the problem with the setup... is it that the cyclonn will not have enough pressure (air) to cycle ??? I understand that I need the Low Pressure QEV MOD for it to work... but according to you this could still be a problem ????

No problems then, If you have a low pressure tank you can run the LPK with the low QEV with no problems at all. No you donít need a secondary regulator. Some run them but you donít need it. Youíll be fine with the setup then just thought id point out the QEV thing.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic