Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats Wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yankeefan03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeefan03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats Wrong?
    Posted: 11 July 2006 at 10:29pm
Well I got the gravity feed hopper that came with my 98 and I use CO2 20oz. Though yesterday while I was playing it kept feeling that the air was going down but it was a full tank so I checked it. After about every 20 shots the CO2 tank unscrews itself somehow also my Hoppers lids kept coming up.

Did anyone elses 98 Custom do this to them? What should I do about it?
GThomas View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Who are you again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 10:53pm
Sometimes hopper lids just won't stay shut. Just use an elastic to keep it shut or buy another hopper that has a lid that fits tightly. Thats a very common problem with basic gravity fed loaders. As for your Co2 tank unscrewing itself, I have no idea. I have never ran into anyone who has had that problem before. Oh and the Yankees suck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeefan03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 10:54pm
Yea well that wasnt necessary really. Also I have used another persons 98 Custom and it did the same thing.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:22am

Originally posted by yankeefan03 yankeefan03 wrote:

Yea well that wasnt necessary really. Also I have used another persons 98 Custom and it did the same thing.

Tanks loosen up occasionally. As you are firing the neck of the tank may become chilled  so that it shrinks just a bit. A bump or two to the bottle may cause it to loosen. Just check them every once in a while.  Hot day, cold tank, may allow things to unseal and move a bit.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeefan03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:42am
Well I asked on a couple other forums and they said chnage the O-Ring so I will try this to.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 1:50am

I don't see how that'll help... but okay.

You can drill small holes that will relieve the blowback pressure that's popping your lid. www.model98.org

FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 3:59am
A quick fix might be to put some teflon tape on the threads. GO YANKEES!!
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 11:25am

Originally posted by yankeefan03 yankeefan03 wrote:

Well I asked on a couple other forums and they said chnage the O-Ring so I will try this to.

True, a worn "O" ring would not provide the friction and would allow the tank to turn more easily.

Brettman24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettman24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 12:09am
maybe check your velocity if the blowback pressure is making it loose... and at least try using the tank as a shoulder stock, that may work a little bit if nothing else helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic