FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

your opinion on my money

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Will now work & play well with others

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: your opinion on my money
    Posted: 10 July 2006 at 12:19pm
Ok,so... my A-5 is having a problem with velocity. It's shooting low. I noticed my steel braided hose was kind of twisted( I'm trying to use the correct word to describe this so bear with me) or like crippled. It was crimped in so that it may limit the airflow through it. I took it off and seemed to have straightened it, at least somewhat. This may have been the cause of the velocity problem and therefore I may have just fixed it. The problem is, I don't have a chronograph to check. I would need to play at my local field and chrono there. However, maybe I need a new rear bolt O-ring or a new drive spring. These items, along with a few others (screws and such that I need anyways) cost around $25. (shipping included) A new steel hose costs another $6. So do i go ahead and order those parts and hope one of them fixes the velocity issue or do I go spend my time and money on a day of paintball and see If iv'e already fixed the problem but risk shooting around 245fps? Thanks for the input.

Edited by pballa123 - 10 July 2006 at 12:19pm
NJnets5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJnets5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 12:21pm
send it to tippmann and they will fix it for free.  u save money and u will get it back in 5-6 days.  i did it twce and they replaced 2 valves, a gas line, and 2 power tubes
pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 12:24pm
ya but my gun is long out of warranty so I doubt they'll fix it for free, and it could cost me up to $15-$20 just to ship it one way.

Edited by pballa123 - 10 July 2006 at 12:24pm
NJnets5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJnets5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 12:28pm
they dont even check for warranty, they r so laid back about it.  they pay for shipping it back, and it only cost me 6$ to send mine from usps.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by NJnets5 NJnets5 wrote:

they dont even check for warranty
Since when?
I need a new Sig...
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:48pm
Go play with it and see. Shooting at 245 isn't a big deal, you just have to get a little closer.

And sometimes its a good thing. There are few feeling in the world like making an elimination by lobbing paint over a bunker and hitting a guy who thinks he is safely behind it.

But I play at or under 260 85% of the time, so my opinion may be skewwed.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 2:56pm
I, personally, Would find the problem, and fix it outright, Rathen than guessing.
pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

I, personally, Would find the problem, and fix it outright, Rathen than guessing.

ya but how do i find the problem? Order parts one by one? (I'm being serious, not sracastic)
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 3:05pm
Just order all the parts at once. It's less than $30, and if the others don't need to be replaced, you'll have them when they do need it.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by pballa123 pballa123 wrote:

Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

ya but how do i find the problem? Order parts one by one? (I'm being serious, not sracastic)

Learn the how the gun works. Think about the problem, Then figure out the most likly causes.

Now, I have never seen the innerds of a A-5, So I am not entirly certian how they work. But assumeing the are anything like a 98. I would look at/for:

O-Rings
Velocity screw not being out as far as it can be
springs
leaks
ASA/Braidedhose leaking
Powertube crack/Borked valve.

In that order, I'd bet it's an O-Ring problem though. Look at all your O-rings, Expecialy the bolts, and the valves. Look for any of them to be loose.

Assuming everything else is in working condition, I would than look at the recievers, and how rough they are. Assuming they are rough, I'd polesh them, which you should do any way.

Edited by *Stealth* - 10 July 2006 at 3:08pm
NJnets5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJnets5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 3:44pm

Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Originally posted by NJnets5 NJnets5 wrote:

they dont even check for warranty
Since when?

well the last 2 times a sent mine in they didnt ask for anything. they just said "send it in with a note telling us what is wrong with it"

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 3:56pm
Save your money for things better than paintball.

ridesnowbrdr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridesnowbrdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 4:16pm
mine was doing the same thing, i just brought it in and got it fixed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic