Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

YOUR GOING TO HATE THIS THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 9:40am
If the flatline and Apex go farther than your targets gun, and you are the right distance away, then they cant return fire. Especially if you are hiding and just shot them out. Lots of people travel alone where I play.

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Plus, I want you to honestly tell me how fun it is boiling in crazy cammo laying on your gut hoping to the good lord some newb comes ambling past alone.

I dont like that strategy anyways. I am just saying its possible to do it.
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 1:41pm

Yes, and no. The Flatline/Apex can accurately out range a standard barrel when holding the gun level for accurate shots, or what said sniper would be able to do. The shooter, while being more accurate at these ranges, is still within long-balling distance from the return shooters. To truely be out of the effect range of return fire, you will need to longball with the flatline, basically eliminating the one shot kill priniciple. If you hose them, hoping to get them out before they can return fire, then you are not a sniper.

Not to mention, long balling itself is risky business. Even if it hits, the chances of a break are decreased. Now you may say they have a smaller chance of breaking on the sniper as well, but the returning shooters are going to have a LOT more paint in the air than you, thus increasing the chances of getting you out.

It just doesn't work in this game.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic