Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 Cyclone Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mohawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 Cyclone Problems
    Posted: 03 July 2006 at 2:34pm

I have had my A5 since they came out almost, right after I began playing I bought my beautiful little baby and it has done me good since the beginning (015088 is the SR#). Just this saturday I had a complete shutdown of my cyclone system. I chronoed as usual and fired off acouple quick shots to make sure everything was working properly and checked for any air leaks and all seemed good but when I went out to the field it wouldn't cycle any balls. It shot but then my manual cycler went completely loose and the cyclone would not move and cycle the balls through. I had to Take my hopper off, empty all the paint, and manualy reach my hand inside and push the cyclone into its next position. After I did this I tried again but the same thing happened, my manual cycler went loose and it stopped cycling.

I have since taken it apart completely, checked it over and cleaned (I took the cyclone all apart cleaning the individual springs and clearing it of any dust) and oiled and lujbricated it but it is still as if it is not working. I can manually cycle it but that is it.

I know it could be one of three things but I am wondering what you guys think it could be or what I should do. I have been playing woodsball/scenario since I started playing and I have been hard on this gun, I have been playing atleast once a month and since I started I haven't had to replace a single thing.

Thanks much,

Mohawk

Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 2:43pm
Could be low on air but do this for me... Look on the bottom of your Cyclone.... Let me know if there is an "A" on it.
Mohawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 2:45pm
There is no "A" on the bottom and it is not low on air, I ruled this out when I was using a full tank.
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 2:47pm
Call Tippmann and tell them about it. Mention that there is no "A" on the cyclone and they should ship one out to you for no charge. The cyclones without the "A" on the bottom were recalled and the fixed and made new ones... So call Tippmann and tell them about it.
Mohawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 2:49pm
I called and left a message telling them I was having cyclone problems and gave them my number because I waited for about 10-15 minutes (I was a bit busy) for a customer service rep to pickup. Will they get back to me or should I call them back sometime soon?
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 2:52pm
Call back later... It wont hurt....
Mohawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 2:55pm
Ok, thanks a lot Dan.
98cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 11:50pm
did you check the ratchet gear its probably wore out
GO BUCKS!!!

RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2006 at 10:54am
probably needs a new ratchet.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Mohawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 12:34pm
Ok I called and said my cyclone was not cycling anymore and that I didn't have the "A" on the bottom and he took down my information and said they would be sending out the parts for me.
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 2:38pm
See easy as that...
Crazystick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazystick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 12:42am
i have a similiar problem.. but  I got think i have one of two things..
SETUP
HPA 68 / 4500 crossfire tank
palmer stabilizer w/ vertical adapter
flatline barrel
RT - the super RT with polished internals

a leak .. would be a culprit, but i dont hear or see anything.
So i will replace all my o-rings when I get a kit in. and where could I get a kit for the two small o rings on the RT valve??   ill try and rule out air leak and make sure I dont have crud in valves.
Besides that.. why wouldnt I be getting pressure in my cyclone?

Cypher5601 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cypher5601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 4:48am
I think i hav the answer. Make sure that the gas line that feeds the cyclone is STRAIGHT! IF IT IS CURVED OR BENT IT WILL NOT FEED GAS CAUSING THE CYCLONE NOT TO TURN. THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME AND I FINALLY FIXED IT!:) IF THE TUBE IS BENT USE A WRENCH TO TURN THE BOLT THAT HOLDS THE FLAT HEAD SCREW SO THAT IT FORCES THE GAS LINE TO STRAIGTEN OUT. THEN WHEN ITS STRAIGHT USE THE WRENCH TO HOLD THE BOLT IN PLACE WHILE YOU RETIGHTEN THE FLATHEAD SCREW TO KEEP THE LINE SECURE.

HOPE THIS HELPS :)

CYPHER- TEAM APOC
daghost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2006 at 6:44am

okay I am having similar problems with a friend of mines a-5 I have traded out everything with my a-5 problem still persists I am talking everthing trigger hammer powertube with valve cyclone hammer spring and the damn thing still dosent work. I finally figured last but not least to try the right half of the gun with mine and it started working traded all the parts back but the right half and thats what fixied it we don't know why as far as we can tell the right half is exactally the same as mine but it just won't work tippmann told us to send in the whole gun but the problem is he has polished the internals around the bolt only and just enough to take off the overspray I watched him do it using 600 grit sand paper anyway this could be your problem to there is the vortex mod by techt this WILL ELIMINATE YOU RACHET PROBLEMS I know i used it in my gun I play about three times a week and go through about a rachet every other month or so the vortex mod fixed my problems

General_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2006 at 2:49pm

Cyclone  recalled with the  "A"  stamped on the bottom...????

Mine has the A   whats the deal with the recall, and why... ?

ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2006 at 1:47am
General you need to get smacked

TIPPY98ACT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIPPY98ACT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2006 at 3:20pm
You want the A!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic