FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nothing beats a little free paint...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 12:59am
styro, i think that deserves a slap accross the face...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:04am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Originally posted by Boss_DJ Boss_DJ wrote:

what the hell is "pitting"

I'm going to assume a pit crew.

Fill Pods and hoppers, Fill tanks, get guns ready if one goes down, clean masks. Crap like that. I don't actually know, but what else would be called pitting where they would give you 60 cases of paint?

do "professional" paintball players think that they are so good that they dont even have to fill their own pods and tanks? jesus

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:05am
evidently the RL is a nice group of guys, so i dont think that comment was justified...

Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:07am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

evidently the RL is a nice group of guys, so i dont think that comment was justified...

well they're bound to be when they have a bunch of teenagers blowing smoke up their asses

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:10am

i second that motion
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
glazener24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glazener24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:15am
Styro, damn you.
"It strikes fear in my heart..." -Former OU coach Barry Switzer, in regards to OSU football.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:20am

well they're bound to be when they have a bunch of teenagers blowing smoke up their asses
look, the position is probably voluntary. it doesnt mean they are being nice because they are being fed on a silver platter, it could just as easily mean some kids wanted to help, and they said "sure." i can tell you hate the whole proball league, but that doesnt mean rag on people with no justification.

Edited by DeTrevni - 28 June 2006 at 1:20am

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:20am

I'm going to assume a pit crew.

Fill Pods and hoppers, Fill tanks, get guns ready if one goes down, clean masks. Crap like that. I don't actually know, but what else would be called pitting where they would give you 60 cases of paint?

do "professional" paintball players think that they are so good that they dont even have to fill their own pods and tanks? jesus

Well, you only have a certain amount of time before your next game I believe(someone must have numbers?). They are always like that right? A little rest and some water would be cool.

I've run into this problem a couple times in the NEPL with a regular 6 game prelim round schedule. Our team came off a game empty and the person on the PA announced us to be at the next field right away. Game would have been forfeited if we didn't know the kids we were playing that game.

Edit: I looked at Xball rules(If it was Xball) and it says there is a 2 minute stop between each flag hang.
2, 20 minute halves as many flag hangs as possible.

Edited by jmac3 - 28 June 2006 at 1:25am
Que pasa?

Ynnekdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ynnekdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:27am

<span style="color: rgb(0, 102, 0);">

I'm going to assume a pit crew.

Fill Pods and hoppers, Fill tanks, get guns ready if one goes
down, clean masks. Crap like that. I don't actually know, but what else
would be called pitting where they would give you 60 cases of paint?

<br style="color: rgb(0, 102, 0);">
do "professional"
paintball players think that they are so good that they dont even have
to fill their own pods and tanks? jesus</span>
</span>

Actually, they don't have time seeing as they only have around 120 seconds (don't forget they must walk off the field and get back on to the start box) between rounds. I chose to pit, I was not asked to. I am a huge fan of Russian Legion and I wanted to help them out. I didn't do it for free paint, or for anything in return. I merely did it to be a good fan as did my friends. We would have been happy getting absolutely nothing. All the players on the team were very grateful. One of the players, Kirill Prihidni, even gave my friend a free pair of evil pants. My friend was asking around the players if they had an extra one of the black practice jerseys they could sell and none did so Kirill told Kevin he could have his pants for free. Brand new evil 06 pants. Don't say they are full of themselves when you have never even met them bro.

well they're bound to be when they have a bunch of teenagers blowing smoke up their asses</span>

We were not sucking up or "blowing smoke up their asses". We were merely being good fans and supporting our favorite team. We pitted for them last year and had a great time so we chose to do it again this year. I don't care what you think about pro paintballers but of all the ones I've met, they are all great, down to earth, genuine people. I'm sure there are some jerks out there but there are jerks everywhere and you just gotta deal with it.

Edited by Ynnekdude - 28 June 2006 at 1:31am
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:35am

^^^i pictured an actual player taking his pants off and giving them to your friend...

they sound like a great bunch of guys

X
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 1:37am

aww, it isn't really that bad though...  i just thought it was funny... "pitting"  as in growning out armpit hair... 
X
a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:34am
wow lucky son of a human
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic