Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trenches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trenches
    Posted: 27 June 2006 at 2:11pm
Ok my family deals with alot of farm equipment and we have a backhoe rigged up to a skid loader i was thinkin of diggin 2 or 3 trenches in the back of my feild and settin up around em a couple small concreat blocks so u got more cover since its a flat area, but my concern is gettin in and out of the trenches without gettin completly destroyed. any ideas?
God Of War View Drop Down
Guested - moron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Of War Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 2:29pm
Dont dig them so deep, like maybe 2 feet deep. And then on the outside of them put like tires lining the edge so they can like climb out and lay on the ground behind the tires
Semper Fi

98custom
14" Proggressive barrel
20 oz C02 tank
R/T kit
EmpireII auto hopper
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 2:38pm

Trenches can be fun, or really boring.  With the wrong layout and/or the wrong players, it quickly becomes WWI reenactment, with people just staying in their trenches and lobbies tons of paint at each other.  Yawn.

Make sure to make ways on your field to flank the trenches, or a trench maze, or something else to encourage action.

Also be careful to avoid injury.  It is easy to break a leg jumping over/into a trench.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 2:53pm

put up a board with pices of wood on it for steps?

it would take like 5 mins and $5 to make

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 3:35pm
i got a bunch of centder blocks(or how ever u spell it) and ill put those around it but what i can do is put it were u have cover on one side to get out if u need too and the other side easily to be flanked cus theres a hill to one side.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 3:37pm
also i got one other problem and thats rain i live in VA and we get a decent amount of rain and a trench would be a mess unless i found a way to drain it

Edited by battlefreak - 27 June 2006 at 3:37pm
thornygravy View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language 5/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thornygravy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 4:29pm

dig them in on a slant, so u like run down to get in em

-Tippy 98c
-Polished Interns.
-RD Double Trig.
-5'' Drop
-j+j ceram 14''
-12v revy x-board
-SmartParts Grips
-Pen Spring Mod
-Milled Rear Sight
-Filled Front Grip
-Blue Paint job
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 3:30pm
yea but gettin out would suck but i could make one of em a death trap and avoid it but not tell others about it
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by thornygravy thornygravy wrote:

dig them in on a slant, so u like run down to get in em

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 3:12pm
yes but they gonna be hard to get out of if u need to leave fast
>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 5:00pm

just use a small shovel and dig foot holes into the side of the dirt to get a step out of the trench

Guested - moron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Of War Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by >><< >><< wrote:

just use a small shovel and dig foot holes into the side of the dirt to get a step out of the trench

...i really dont think hes gonna dig them that deep, unless i misread somin

Semper Fi

98custom
14" Proggressive barrel
20 oz C02 tank
R/T kit
EmpireII auto hopper
TeamRamRod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamRamRod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 1:37am
Well the way he's talkin it sounds like there gonna be deep. If its only like 3 feet just jump and run
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 5:04am
Get some plywood to hold up the sides, the mud will go into the ground over time (hopefully).
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 12:28pm

My local field has a trench field. They are about 4 feet deep.

It's an attack/defend/ctf field, and one end of the field is where all the trenches come to a head. The other end, the side the atackers begin on, is where the trench maze starts. To get inot the trenches, all you have to do is walk/run/whatever down these sloping ramps. Once you get in though, there's really no where to get out unless you climb the walls and get out that way. It is a very fun and very scary field, because once you are in the trenches you can no longer see where anyone is. They could be around the next corner waiting...

If you decide to do trenches, give a LOT of thought towards the layout of the trenches. Trenches are bad unless the layout is good.

Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

also i got one other problem and thats rain i live in VA and we get a decent amount of rain and a trench would be a mess unless i found a way to drain it

if you have or can get some old pallets just put them in the bottom and stand on them then the very bottom can fill up with water and you won't have to worry about it.
Canadians do it on top.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 8:16pm
ima dig most 4ft deep and one 6ft for the 6ft as a trap and ima corner one aginst were 2 fences meet stack small logs around it leave an open space of 1/3 an acer between them and the other one for now will be at a vary small hill but in the open
Guested - moron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Of War Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 11:09pm
trenches on hills are always fun...
Semper Fi

98custom
14" Proggressive barrel
20 oz C02 tank
R/T kit
EmpireII auto hopper
tippya5extreme View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filterdodging/Language 7/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 11:28pm
dig a trench and then have it go into a bunker that the same hight as the trench and them have a exit

tippya5extreme
popham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2006 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by >><< >><< wrote:

get a friken latter dumbass
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic