FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where is the Flatline mod?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is the Flatline mod?
    Posted: 27 June 2006 at 11:29am

Not too long ago I saw a thread about a flatline mod.  The modification to the flatline was supposed to make the barrel more accurate.  I have searched and searched old threads and could not find it anywere.  Does anybody remember this thread and maybe could give me a link to it or can anybody tell me how to do this flatline mod?

Thanks

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 11:48am
I do not recall this thread.  Do you have more detail?
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 12:24pm

i remember someone saying that it seams like it wouldn't be worth risking a $100 barrel to make it a little more accurate.

He also mentioned how to do it with an A-5 and the A-5 was easier to make more accurate.  It required putting 2 orings somewere.

But I need to find out how to do it for th 98 custom.

phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 12:31pm

I found it - here it is

Originally posted by ninjaboy ninjaboy wrote:

The Idea that I had was to redesign the flatline because when you crank up the velocity the ball gets a wobble.  By this I mean it comes out of the barrell and will fly 10ft and drop left, right, or down and then fly off in what ever direction it chooses. 

When I examined my flatline I Inoticed that inside the suppressor where the air is supposed to blow off to allow the ball to fly on it's own velocity there is a transition where the suppressor was pressed on and there is just enough distance between the first set of suppressor holes and the end of the barrel to create a pocket in wich the air can do wacky things to the ball.  To minimise this turning the velocity way down helps but at distance the small explosion caused from the ball transitioning from the barrel to the suppressor leaves a small explosion Becuse the air that was pushing the ball has to go somewhere.  With a bullet it isn't that bad because the rifeling allows it to follow the intended path not to mention that it is a smaller port; but with a .68ca paintball the ball weight and port size leave the nessecity for porting on the end of the barrel.  To blow off the air to allow the ball to fly independant of it. 

The idea is to take the 14" barrell that they already have and make it like they have already done press on the aluminum suppressor except instead of having it already ported just have it stock and make the shaft come to the end or almost to the end before either beveling both peices together or making the suppressor cap the barrel.  Extend the legnth to 3.5" and use the werks porting with it on the barrel.  And for the snipers out there make it available in 16" and 18" legnths

But I don't understand what it would look like or exactly what he is really saying.  What is the suppressor holes how would I make the suppressor cap the barrel - what is a suppressor?

What does he mean "make it stock" or "make the shaft come to the end before either beveling both peices together or making the suppressor cap the barrel". 

Edited by phil_stl - 27 June 2006 at 12:34pm
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 12:45pm
I remember a thread were someone made it more silent by porting it and sticking something in the shroud but they said you have to be perfect doing it or it will ruin you're barrel. But I'm not sure if thats what you're talking about..
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 10:58pm

no just read the post that is directly above yours ---- the post that says: I found it - here it is and then there is the quote right under those words which is exactly what I'm talking about.

Just read the quote and you'll know what the guy wrote that I don't understand.

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 11:33pm
I remember the fishing string mods...that about it.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic