Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 custom sniper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 custom sniper
    Posted: 25 June 2006 at 6:58pm
I am comverting my 98c into a sniper i have a flatline and a tactical stock on it already and i dont normally fool with tippmans any one give me any tips on wat else to add (other then scope)

Edited by battlefreak - 25 June 2006 at 6:58pm
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 7:16pm

Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

I am comverting my 98c into a sniper i have a flatline and a tactical stock on it already and i dont normally fool with tippmans any one give me any tips on wat else to add (other then scope)

Let me be the first to chastise you for posting virtually the same question on this forum and under Gun Maintenace and Repair . You will get the answers you need with one post, and posting twice will irritate some who could help you, but won't now.

You do realize that you can go back and delete a post or edit it to be more comprehensive. If you decide that you have posted to the wrong forum, go and delete that post before posting the same question to another forum.

Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 7:21pm
You're pretty much set. Get a remote if you want. I find them difficult to use in the woods though. Thats just me. X-chamber if you want more consistancy. 
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 8:09pm
don't say sniper.....
X
dead-eye_tippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dead-eye_tippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 9:09pm
Saying sniper in this forum will get you "sniped" in the face before you can finish your sentence.
Gear:
Smart Parts Ion
Tech T Bolt
CCM Feedneck
NDZ Roller Trigger
CP Razor Drop Forward
Virtue Board
CP ASA On/Off
Freak Kit 14"
360 QEV
Shocker Regulator
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:39pm

/runs to take cover from flames

Go for a remote and that's about all you'll need.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
God Of War View Drop Down
Guested - moron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Of War Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 11:03pm
y does everybody hate snipers>>?
Semper Fi

98custom
14" Proggressive barrel
20 oz C02 tank
R/T kit
EmpireII auto hopper
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 11:05pm
People on the forums believe that there are no such things as Snipers in paintball... As of me, I dont care.... If you consider yourself a Sniper thats on you... But you'll probably get torn up around here if you mention it.
barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Filterdodge, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 12:32am
Since no one else is really answering the question really except saying remote...snipers are usually very accurate right? So instead of focusing on the looks of your "sniper" gun try making it perform like a "sniper" gun. Now I know this is paintball and you will never be extremly accurate and all that stuff but you can add upgrades to get better accuracy. First I would recommend an Expansion Chamber...use air more efficiently. Then maybe try polishing the internals for smoother operation(I polished mine and my velocity spiked by 50 fps) Also try getting a new powertube and bolt. I have added these upgrades to my gun and have had wonderful results so far.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 9:18am
im not normally on these forums and i kno wat yall mean a paintball gun is never gonna be extreamly accurate and when i say sniper i dont actually mean that ima try to make my gun as acurrate as a 270 or a 30-30 i jus mean ima make it as accurate as i possibly can (as far as paint ball standards go)
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 9:57am
dictionary.com:

snip·er (snpr)
n.
  1. A skilled military shooter detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
  2. One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 11:36am
wow u were so concerned with one little post that u went into the dictionary to fix it, im flatterd.....
anyway get back to the topic ill probly jus put an expansion chamber and a remote line and be set with that for my gun if any one has other suggestions about upgrades for my gun feel free to post
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 11:51am
Yeah just start out with both of them. X-core would be nice and any remote would work out nice. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 1:21pm
i hate how everyone here thinks there are no snipers in paintball.

sniping doesnt have to be long distance

PS it took like 10 sec to look it up
seal160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seal160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 1:49pm

There is no problem considering yourself a sniper in paintball....
It can be sort-of compared to the military snipers, but it is really hard to get a one hit kill, you have to long-ball your shots and be in effective range to neutralize the target!
-Hey when people see you walk on a woodsball field with a home-made lightweight guilli suit they never say "There's no snipers in paintball" ... No they all shut up and like stare at you in a trance.. and always want you one thier team....or is that just me??

You need a flatline, expansion chamber, maybe a anti-siphon tube in your Co2 tanks, red dot scopes are cool too.., and maybe a new hopper ( A QUIET ONE!!) <-- ask someone else about a hopper my personal suggestion would be to buy the cyclone for the 98...

Edited by seal160 - 26 June 2006 at 1:51pm
---Team Leader---
chaloopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaloopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by pooperscooper pooperscooper wrote:

oh, ok , then every paintball player is a "SNIPER" and we all have "SNIPER GUNS" that will "SNIPE" people ( im being sarcastic, and the gun does not make the sniper)
Tippmann 98 Custom Pro
Polished Internals
J & J 12" Ceramic
Double Trigger
Digial woodland camo reciever
Empire Reloader B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by chaloopy chaloopy wrote:

oh, ok , then every paintball player is a "SNIPER" and we all have "SNIPER GUNS" that will "SNIPE" people ( im being sarcastic, and the gun does not make the sniper)

Yes. being a "sniper" doesnt have anything to do with your gun. its a strategy.

Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 4:09pm
chaloopy stay on subject u retard
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 5:04pm

PS it took like 10 sec to look it up
shut up. it doesn't matter.  you're the only one that's bothered by it.  i just told him to not say sniper...  i never said they didn't exist.  now drop the subject and help him.

as for the upgrades, i'd get hpa instead of co2, also, i don't think you need an ex chamber or a reg with a remote line...  i'd also get a barrel kit in place of your flatline...  flatlines arn't very accurate...

X
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 5:09pm
i acctually like the flatline alot for were i play cus i jus play every now and then on the weekeds but the only place i play is woods but the downside is u got to keep an eye on the flatline cus it dosent have alot to hold it on and it can get knocked loose easy

Edited by battlefreak - 26 June 2006 at 5:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic