Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 custom sniper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
FA22RaptorF22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:35pm
The answer to all this threads problems!!!!!!!!!!

THE LAYDOWN:  98 + flatty + small bore marbs + 280 fps = the flatline effect, which equals total and complete accuracy!
Please sign up at http://www.tippmannowners.com/ and leave the referrer as me (FA22RaptorF22)and you will be my hero.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:25am

flatlines still arn't as accurate as a good kit....  also, flatlines wear out...

and since when can you bring your own paint onto a field?  it's not like you can go into a place and say "yeah, i want some marblizers"....  i havn't been one place that sells them..  they're picky.  paint is almost as important as the barrel... and as far as i'm concerened, if the right paint for a flatline isn't available to you, you arn't going to get good accuracy...

X
PercisionBaller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PercisionBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:47am
The Ben Tippmann Apex is better than the FLatline
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 3:08pm
this is a simple post thats grown way to big
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

this is a simple post thats grown way to big

Its not just spam, they're actually debating something.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
battlefreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote battlefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 7:18pm
i kno but they take it way to seiriously
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by battlefreak battlefreak wrote:

i kno but they take it way to seiriously
debating on the tippmann forum is the equivilant of a fistfight really...  only more mature usually..  to tell you the truth, it's kinda fun sometimes...  plus it helps develope your debating skills...  i've actually had people ask me if i was on my highschool debate team..  if you stick around the forum, you'll see what i mean.  
X
chevellemaniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chevellemaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 10:40am
how does a thread in which sum guy wants help and advice to upgrdade his marker turns into a debate about the relevancy of a "sniper" in paintball.
rock and roll- my anti-emo
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 5:15pm

actully, it happens alot here.

also, we got in an argument over a flatline's performance instead.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by chevellemaniac chevellemaniac wrote:

how does a thread in which sum guy wants help and advice to upgrdade his marker turns into a debate about the relevancy of a "sniper" in paintball.

Well, it all starts with the word sniper.

Everyone wants to snipe when they frist start. They eventually see that the tactic isnt useful to themselves or their team and they get out of it. All it takes is time and experience.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
FA22RaptorF22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 10:33am
Im a speedballer and i still want to snipe.  Id would be awsome if you could make a paintball rifle and really pick ppl off.  But then again...forget it.
Please sign up at http://www.tippmannowners.com/ and leave the referrer as me (FA22RaptorF22)and you will be my hero.
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 1:35pm
"Sniping" does not have to be long distance.

"Sniping" is just shooting ppl from a hiding place
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 3:18pm

snipe means neutralizing an HVT (high value target) with a guaranteed kill within 1 bullet, for the most part from beyond the range of effective return fire. due to inconsistancies in paintballs, a 1 shot kill is NOT guranteed, and you are going to be in range of the other player, unless you have a flatline. but with the flatline, the chances of getting a 1 shot "out" are even less likely, but i refuse to get into that argument again. also, tell me in what scenario the HVT, or anyone in the game, is ever going to be by themselves? by the time you get a shot off, everyone nearby is going to light up your position. if you unload on the group of people themselves, then you are no longer a "sniper." this effectively renders any definition of a paintball sniper useless. 

some people insist sniper in paintball is just a title. a word for people who shoot from a concealed location, using cover and cammoflauge to their advantage. good job describing almost everyone who playse woods/scenario ball...

but even if sniping was real in paintball, why would you want to? where is the fun in camping out in one spot, burning up in your ghillie suit, hoping to the good lord someone trods past. get out there and mix it up!

Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 3:53pm
uh oh get out your websters were gunna have 10 different defintions of the word sniper/snipe/sniping which one is right? stay tuned and you will see.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sniper

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/snipe
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sniping
any one else need claryfing(spelling?) most people look at sniping as shooting some one from a far, but according to the defintion its just shooting from were you in a hiding spot. so yes in a way there are snipers in paintball, however there ARE NOT Sharpshooters because paintballs are not round and while fly off in all diretions but straight. i hope this clears everything up  *end rant*

Edited by Squishey - 01 July 2006 at 3:54pm
Canadians do it on top.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 4:28pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

due to inconsistancies in paintballs, a 1 shot kill is NOT guranteed. also, tell me in what scenario the HVT, or anyone in the game, is ever going to be by themselves? by the time you get a shot off, everyone nearby is going to light up your position. if you unload on the group of people themselves, then you are no longer a "sniper." this effectively renders any definition of a paintball sniper useless.

i got those definitions covered.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic