FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lubing the CVX valve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by FA22RaptorF22 FA22RaptorF22 wrote:

Originally posted by S\/\/4T-L()G4N S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

Originally posted by NJnets5 NJnets5 wrote:

you dont have to lube it...

Amazing. There you go again posting stuff you don't have a clue about...

HEHE, after this whole debate, we get this...and you guys though i was bad...

I'd rather have a gun that jams then a gun with the potential to explode.

Not even going to bother with the paragraph you had here.

As for the Jelly, my uncle, and everyone else with him who are mechanics, working for many years, like 40 or something, has used this method.  B/C it works.  Oil wont seal.  Oil seals for a few seconds and then evaporates or what not, finds a way out, leaving the oring dryed out. 

Oil will not evaporate, at least the stuff inside your gun, it rubs all around the internals of the gun, so does your jelly.

P-Jelly sticks to the oring and seals it to whatever its against...and i have no clue why you would say it will eat them up.  You're thinking the opposite way around.  Anything that was a seal, most of the time, pistons and giant orings, he used p-jelly.  The stuff is great and i have no clue what you are talking about.

No kiddo, jelly wont do anything good for your o-rings, stick with oil

O ya...and bruce...for the record...as a welder, shouldn't you have been able to tap your own lpc instead of using a t-fitting...and if you want proof all this works...ill make a vid of me filling my tank to 3-4000 psi o2 and then shooting my gun at 36 bps (with paint)...waiting on my new board.

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Do not listen to anything this kid said.

Usuing pure oxygen is a big NO-NO.  NEVER EVER USE OXYGEN ON A PAINTBALL GUN. Not only does it opperate at the wrong preassures and temps, but it is highly flammible and explosive.  DO NOT USE O2....

...NEVER use petrollum jelly, it will eat your o-rings.... Petrollum oil is a NO....

What?  Not the right pressures?  Use the omni-gas ready palmer stabilizer.  Whats a reg for?  O2 is not itself explosive...you breathe it. It is called an accelerant.  Hence you add it to a fire, the fire burns hotter. 

Oxygen liquifies at a lower pressure unless I'm mistaking it with another gas.  Yes, O2 itself in a vaccum is perfectly safe, but in the enviorment it isnt.  Its a highly reactive gas and the majority of things around you can react with it and produce an explosion.  I have no idea how to explian it to you so you can understand.

And Petrollum oil?  NO. Petrolleum Jelly.

Tomato tomatoe, its the same thing

Just to say...id use o2 over most gases anyday.  Its quiet and gas effiecent.  Other than having to be extra careful...its great.

Bull.  It is no more and no less quiet.

End of discussion....well maybe

Listen to me, Oxygen gas is incredibley dangerous.  You will end up killing yourself.

Listen to Bruce, he knows what hes talking about

Edited by Darur - 24 June 2006 at 7:08pm
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
FA22RaptorF22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 9:07pm
I do normally use compressed air, but when i come into an abundence of o2...it comes in handy for testing.  The o2 is indeed quieter.  I don't want to advocate it, and i don't really know how to explain why...but it just seems to be.  Bruce...tell me why im "walking the ragged edge".  Seriously...aside from argueing, id like to know...I understand all the chem and tech terms so feel free to hit me with em.  Surprisingly i would like to learn more

O and bruce...nice pics!  Can you make a thread with pics from your gun and your sons?  They look cool.  dont know why.

Edited by FA22RaptorF22 - 24 June 2006 at 9:13pm
Please sign up at http://www.tippmannowners.com/ and leave the referrer as me (FA22RaptorF22)and you will be my hero.
darkmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 10:08pm
High pressure O2,oil and alluminum is not a good idea but i think everyone knows that Bruce a frank is giving good information so just listen to him on this one.....or any other topic for that matter, the guy is a paintball/chemistry/physics/common sence God. and as for the argument about the petrolium jelly, just try it yourself. Put petrolium jelly on any o-ring leave it and see what happens.
Dopa mi la tempesta
(After me, The storm)
paintballinbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Now, as to the absurd statement that oxygen is heavier and thus quieter to shoot than compressed air is about a bogus as it gets. Air is composed of about 80% nitrogen and 20% oxygen. On the Periodic chart Ni and O are virtually next to each other (atomic weight). The argon that I use on occasion for testing is much heavier than either and there is no difference in the loudness of the report from the marker. You are advocating, using oxygen, something that is potentially an extreme danger for a player to do and you are making it even more enticing by stating that it has some advantage over compressed air or nitrogen.

just a little correction: N=Nitrogen. Ni=Nickel

98 Custom
milled;painted;J&J Ceramic;X-Chamber;R/T;Cyclone.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by paintballinbill paintballinbill wrote:

just a little correction: N=Nitrogen. Ni=Nickel

Sorry! I doubt if that typo would have been detected by or made any difference to FA22. But, I do try to keep it accurate, thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic