Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

68-Carbine Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_Madman_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Madman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68-Carbine Problem
    Posted: 22 June 2006 at 11:48pm

Alright, so my 68-Carbine leaks.  Bad.  When I air it up the gas pretty much just blows out the end of the barrel and the top of the marker, but it didnt used to do that.  Before this it would hold air, but the bolt would not catch the sear after being fired.  It seemed like it was out of air, but was clearly not.  The problem actually just shifter from the bolt thing to the major leak though. 

I really dont know what is going on and there isnt anyone nearby who can help me out with this.  If anybody knows anything, or knows a reputable shop I can send it to please let me know.

Thanks.

A-5
14" Stiffi
Tapco CAR Stock
Shocktech A-5 Drop
Maddman Spring Kit
R-5 Stealth Hopper
A5-A2 Front Grip
Palmer Stab
E-Grip
Lapco Double Trigger
HPA
- and a license to kick butt
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 9:56pm
Possibly a weak spring or damaged valve but I'm leaning towards the latter.  Could also be a damaged o-ring, go ahead and open it up, check all the o-rings.  If they look ok give them some oil and go ahead and lube and clean it out if you havent done so reccently.  Are you usuing the correct oil or are you using petrollum oil or anything like that?

I'd contact tippman , their customer service should be on the top of the page.  Even if your gun isnt under warrenty they can probably help you out.

Edited by Darur - 23 June 2006 at 10:02pm
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Filterdodge, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 10:01pm
I would check out your valve, my 98 custom did that and I took the valve apart and cleaned it and did everything I could think of but in the end a new valve was in order.
_Madman_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Madman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 12:09pm

I've got two CVX valves for it and it does the same thing with both of them.  And it still jackhammers even when I put my red Maddman A-5 spring.  I'm also using Empire "Blowback Marker Lube" so I'm pretty sure thats not the problem.

I'll take it apart again and oil the rings.  Someone on another forum said to check the sear and ledge on the hammer for wear.  The marker was never used much before I got it but that still might be something.  I'm gonna hit up tippmann if that dosent work though.

A-5
14" Stiffi
Tapco CAR Stock
Shocktech A-5 Drop
Maddman Spring Kit
R-5 Stealth Hopper
A5-A2 Front Grip
Palmer Stab
E-Grip
Lapco Double Trigger
HPA
- and a license to kick butt
FA22RaptorF22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 12:15pm
Im not going to get into the debate over what to "oil" your valve with...but   Just clean it out, check all the o rings and put it back together.  My advise, don't put it back in the gun to test it.  Push on the pin with an allen wrench fairly hard after putting it together to make the front seal.  Your internals should look exactly like this when out...put back together in same order.

The first little oring out the back should sit on the piece of metal and the oring side goes in first...The thing with the pin on it goes through that and seals against that first piece of metal.  Pretty self explanetory from there.

Edited by FA22RaptorF22 - 24 June 2006 at 12:16pm
Please sign up at http://www.tippmannowners.com/ and leave the referrer as me (FA22RaptorF22)and you will be my hero.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic