Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone?
    Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:12pm

I was out paintballing today with my A-5 and about 10 min. in the game my cyclone wouldn't move so I had to press, shoot, press, shoot. I tried getting more air into it but that didnt help. So I took it apart and put it back together (I dont know what that would do for me) but it worked ok for about 30 shots and when back to not working... I am a noob so you have to make it understandable for me to fix. If you guys can please. 

I also wanted to say I have used my gun 3 times and lubed it up after the first time.

Edited by QcXf - 22 June 2006 at 6:35pm
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:39pm
you may have a leak going to the cyclone , of course it could be the ratchet but I dont think it would wear out after 3 uses.
FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 7:40pm
Sounds like you're starving your cyclone for air. If it was the ratchet, it
wouldn't even work manually. I think you have a leak.
su27flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote su27flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 9:13pm
Put a few drops of soapy water where you think it may leak and if it bubbles at that spot, you've found your leak.... unless it's internal then you can't do that. Try it on where the Cyclone meets the gun.
Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 11:52pm
best bet now is to call up tippmann, and send it to them and let them check it out
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 2:16am

Other then shiping it wont cost me will it?

FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 2:18am
If it is under warrenty still then it won't cost you a dime.
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 2:32am

I think I am going to do that tomorrow. How long till I get it back. ( I also forgot to tell you I have a r/t) Also if I am starving it of air how can I correct that? Or how do I know if thats the problem?

Also I would like to say that my valocity adjuster is hard to screw in and out.

Edited by QcXf - 23 June 2006 at 2:46am
FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 3:09pm
You can call up tippmann and ask for the bigger hoses. If that dosen't do it,
then you might have to send it to them.

You might have cross-threaded your velocity adjuster.
gert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 6:22pm
check the rachet mine broke after to hoppers full with the egrip. i called tippmann and they sent me a new cyclone. then go buy the vortex for your cyclone and you wont have any more problems.

Edited by gert - 23 June 2006 at 6:22pm
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 1:18am

They are going to send me a new rachet and power tube. but I seriously dont think my rachet is NOT broken. I think I am starving it of air. Isnt there an adjuster. that little screw is all the way out. ( I fooled around with it and it didnt help.)

So if I get my stuff next week and put it in and my gun cyclone still doesn't work, call tippmann and ask to send me bigger hoses?

Edited by QcXf - 24 June 2006 at 2:29pm
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by QcXf QcXf wrote:

They are going to send me a new rachet and power tube. but I seriously dont think my rachet is NOT broken. I think I am starving it of air. Isnt there an adjuster. that little screw is all the way out. ( I fooled around with it and it didnt help.)

So if I get my stuff next week and put it in and my gun cyclone still doesn't work, call tippmann and ask to send me bigger hoses?

no, that probably won't fix anything.  Take the fittings off and see if there is anything in the way, and then drop some oil into the cyclone.  Put it back together and try again, make sure the velocity screw isn't all the way out, because that may lessen the blowback that is working the cyclone. 
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 6:30pm

I tried moving my v/a in and out and that didnt help

Are you saying it should be all the way in or at least half way. Note: I am getting a new volocity adapter because it was cross treaded.

How long is shipping?

And if I call them they will just send me those too or do I have to change out my old stuff first? 

Edited by QcXf - 25 June 2006 at 4:12pm
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 2:16am

I found the problem

It was about the easiest fix ever. The second hose screw wasnt lined up. so there was no air to it

QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 2:20am
I guess I am getting a free rachet... Mine will break I bet so I will always have a spare
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 1:20pm

qxcf, I JUST saw your sig picture. Its so awesome. I know this is completely random but w/e

RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 9:53am
LMFAO!
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 2:02pm
Should I get a R5 or not?
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 2:45pm
If you want... Not anything special, they look a little sharp but I still like the stock hopper...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic