FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

And let it be noted.. we were right.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 1:03pm
When did artillery shells with a little gas in them become weapons of MASS destruction.  A WMD is more like a nuclear weapon.
^Pirate^ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

yeah because irc clients are not free on the internet or anything. and they require so much horsepower that no laptop could ever run them. and they eat so much bandwidth sending and recieving ascii text..... lazy.

I run mine off my xbox....

Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

When did artillery shells with a little gas in them become weapons of MASS destruction.  A WMD is more like a nuclear weapon.

Because George Bush is either A. a lunatic, or B. a complete idiot, our entire nation should be furious and ready to assassinate(I said ass twice) him, but everyone loves him because he claims to be god's child(side note: he very well may be a Christian I don't know, but he's still a terrible President) As far as I'm concerned he got in on Daddy's name.

Edited by ^Pirate^ - 22 June 2006 at 1:07pm

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 1:11pm
Damnit, Whale, stay outa my territory...This would have been sorta fun...nothin more to say though I guess....

NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Haha.
///AMG What?
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

If you admit it's an old story... then what basis do you have that we shouldnt have gone in?

Because you cant just invade another nation and blow it up because you dont like them. Im not going to violate Goodwins Law here, but you could draw any number of comparisons to other nations that invaded a country for no good reason.

I know its a hard concept for you bushies to understand, but just because we have the most guns doesnt make it right to use them.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 2:02pm

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

i give this 1 hour before it hits 4 pages.

surprisingly no, i think it made 2 pages in an hour

but prolly will reach 4 pages very very soon

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 2:06pm
Calm down Linus, would you like me to whip you up a batch of Freedom Fries?

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 4:19pm
Freedom toast > *
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

...Because you cant just invade another nation and blow it up because you dont like them. Im not going to violate Goodwins Law here, but you could draw any number of comparisons to other nations that invaded a country for no good reason....

Already done.   Look on page two.
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 5:18pm
Just to push Goodwin a bit, and because it seems especially impactful considering the parties involved: Think Saddam in '91....

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 5:52pm

Originally posted by Travis75 Travis75 wrote:

Anyway, time for an analogy...

Bush is to Hitler as Linus is to Nazi.

actually it would be Bush is to Linus as Hitler is to Nazi, i believe.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 5:53pm
Lets get this all out of the way.

Ever since the war began, the main basis for all the anti-war protest was "No WMD's have been found"

NOT "No stockpiles", but "No WMD's"

Hence why so many people claim "Bush lied, soldiers died"

I quote Bush's pre-war speech in the State of the Union speech

Originally posted by Bush Bush wrote:

The world has waited 12 years for Iraq to disarm. America will not accept a serious and mounting threat to our country, and our friends and our allies. The United States will ask the U.N. Security Council to convene on February the 5th to consider the facts of Iraq's ongoing defiance of the world. Secretary of State Powell will present information and intelligence about Iraqi's legal -- Iraq's illegal weapons programs, its attempt to hide those weapons from inspectors

And

Quote Twelve years ago, Saddam Hussein faced the prospect of being the last casualty in a war he had started and lost. To spare himself, he agreed to disarm of all weapons of mass destruction. For the next 12 years, he systematically violated that agreement.

I didnt find a single instance of him saying "signifcant stockpiles" anywhere in there.

The main reason for us to go in was that he had the weapons (As proven in the declassified portion LAST NIGHT).

Whether or not you consider 500 chemical / biological munitions a stockpile or not, he had them even after he vowed that he didn't have them.

A drug dealer can deny having a cahce of marijuana, but if we find 5 pounds of it in his house at a later date, should we just let him go because it was't the "stockpile" promised?   I sure as hell hope not.

Now, many of you are trying to play this low as to not be proven wrong, when in fact you are.

"But they are pre-1991 munitions"

So? Still had them in his posession, even after saying he didn't. Posession is 9/10 of the law.

"But they are degraded"

First, not all of them are, some yes, but others are not. Things degrade at different rates for many different factors.

Second, they may be degraded, but they can still do damage to humans if used as a weapon.

Disagree? Breath in the Sarin if you're so confident.

So let's say this again.

People claim that Bush lied because there were no WMD's found, hence not justifying the invasion.

But look, 500+ munitions found of Sarin and Mustard gas... WMD's, therefore justifying the invasion.

Anti-war people not have absolutly no physical basis for not invading Iraq... all they can rely on is "War is wrong"

Weapons found, whether or not you think 500 is enough.. they were found PROVING he had them, PROVING we were right, PROVING you(The Bush lied for oil, No WMD's exist crowd) were wrong.

They were found.. admit you were wrong when you said they didnt exist. Whether or not you agree with the war, you HAVE to admit they exist.

Edited by Linus - 22 June 2006 at 5:56pm

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 5:57pm
Semantics. Fact is, Iraq was no threat to us and this was a war of choice. Period.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

Semantics. Fact is, Iraq was no threat to us and this was a war of choice. Period.

You THINK they were no threat at the time... before 9/11 people didnt even think Afghanistan was a threat... hell, most didnt even know there was a country called Afghanistan.

We really have no proof one way or the other if Saddam would have done something in the future... people would have had Clintons head on a silver plate if he invaded Afghanistan pre-emptively, but praised Bush to a certain extent after 9/11 happened and we had proof.

Edited by Linus - 22 June 2006 at 6:01pm

xteam View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xteam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:02pm
i wonder how many nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons the U.S. has.

I wonder.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:07pm
Xteam....

#1-- what was the last time we actually used any in combat to kill enemies? WW2. Not a single time since then.

#2-- we would never give them to terrorist for "the right price"... or for any price, and Iraq couldnt say the same.

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Xteam....

#1-- what was the last time we actually used any in combat to kill enemies? WW2. Not a single time since then.

#2-- we would never give them to terrorist for "the right price"... or for any price, and Iraq couldnt say the same.

I wonder what exactly the ratio was for killing people involved in the military for japan was to the deaths of innocent civilians. hmmm. We may never know.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:18pm
#1 has been debated ever since the use of the bombs... np need to get into it here.

But go ahead.. try #2... lets see how you can twist that one to make Saddam seem better then the US.

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:19pm
Ahh, the typical bushist defense strategy. Hair splitting to the finest degree.

Sir, I applaud you.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Ahh, the typical bushist defense strategy. Hair splitting to the finest degree.Sir, I applaud you.

Truth prevails over all else.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic