Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a feild legal frankinstein

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
duffer1497 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a feild legal frankinstein
    Posted: 21 June 2006 at 11:22pm
i have a 98c for a backup i want to build this up from soup to nuts but i want to keep it feild legal i have an rt on my other one that feilds dont want so the rt is out on this one i also have a flatline so another barrel will be in the works HELP ME OUT
paintballinbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 11:30pm

Originally posted by duffer1497 duffer1497 wrote:

i have a 98c for a backup i want to build this up from soup to nuts but i want to keep it feild legal i have an rt on my other one that feilds dont want so the rt is out on this one i also have a flatline so another barrel will be in the works HELP ME OUT

so let me see if i understand that jumble of incoherent thoughts: you have two guns: one with a r/t, and one without. on the one without, you want to make it rip, but stay field legal. is this correct?

well, if you want to keep it field legal, there are a few choices: you could get a nice barrel (lapco bigshot or J&J Ceramic, or possibly a barrel kit if you have the $$$), and a few other ups to help, like an egrip if you have a newer 98. if you have an older 98, you could always look for an ebolt, but they are pretty expensive. i'd also get a cyclone feed, or any other hopper that could keep up with your high rates of fire (eggy, halo, etc.). HPA or Nitro is another good choice, if you have the money, and if there are nearby shops that fill them. 

other than that, it's all up to personal preference. you could mill it, paint it, or do any other non-performance, cosmetic mod that you wish.

98 Custom
milled;painted;J&J Ceramic;X-Chamber;R/T;Cyclone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 11:39pm
as far as my incoherent thoughts puncuation AND spelling arent my strong point BUT i do have an hpa $$ realy is no object my backup is about a year or so old farely new i can switch hoppers i have a ricochet apachie
FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 11:50pm
There are these things that are called periods, they look like this ".".  We also have these things called comma's, they look like this ",".  We use them to break up our ideas into coherent "sentences".  You should try them out.  They are really great.  Honest.  

Upgrades...  If money is no problem, and you want your backup to rip:

E-Bolt, LPK, Stabilizer, Evolution II, J&J Ceramic

Or perhaps in duffer speak: (ie no punctuation)

E-Bolt LPK Stabilizer Evolution II J&J Ceramic

Edited by FyreFly - 21 June 2006 at 11:52pm

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 12:03am
hey dont rip on my lack of periods and such thats not realy important now is it???????? we are talking about paintball chill on the gramma lets build a gun that will blow away a BOB LONG my freind has one and im close but he still gets me so lets cut through the bs and lets down to buisnes
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 12:18am

using punctuation helps us help you. realize that.

and its surprisingly not difficult to blow away a bob long.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 12:26am
i got him a couple times. He has a fast trigger but i think that i can build a gun a HELL of alot cheaper than $1500 ( which broke and is in the shop ) unlike our tippys i need a fast trigger would a spring kit help ???
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 12:30am

the only things you can do to crank up the speed of a tippy and keep it field legal is get an ebolt if its a regular 98c, or an egrip if its a 98c pro. you will be spending more money on that than you think...

DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 8:19am
u could take out a timmy with a pump if u want.
thornygravy View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language 5/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thornygravy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 12:51pm

so lets cut through the bs and lets down to buisnes

beggers cant be choosers

-Tippy 98c
-Polished Interns.
-RD Double Trig.
-5'' Drop
-j+j ceram 14''
-12v revy x-board
-SmartParts Grips
-Pen Spring Mod
-Milled Rear Sight
-Filled Front Grip
-Blue Paint job
FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 1:22pm

i got him a couple times. He has a fast trigger but...

So what your REALLY saying is that you want a better marker so that you can beat your friend.  Right? 

Your wasting your time then.  A better marker will never make you a better player.  You need to save your money for paint and go play more.  Play with better people than your friend so maybe you can learn to play better yourself.  You'll learn alot quicker from loosing to good players than beating newb players all day long.

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 1:27pm
Ebolt, Palmer's Stabilizer, cyclone(QEV and Vortex of course), Freak kit
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 5:41pm

Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

total of 400 dollars.

just go to ebay and get a used timmy or something.

Edited by DeTrevni - 22 June 2006 at 5:42pm

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

total of 400 dollars.

just go to ebay and get a used timmy or something.

i got mine for around $300...  i got kinda ripped off...  it's nice, but it's outdated (2001)...  i'm still happy with it though...
X
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 11:05pm
I'd go:

E-bolt
LPK
AKA2 liter
freak
drop of your choice
HPA of course

A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 11:20pm
mabey you all are getting the wrong idea i can beat my freind with his bob long i grew up in the woods i know how to track and hunt (thats woods ball) i want to build a feild gun that will out shoot or come close to a LONG on a speed ball feild (turny)
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 11:40pm

This is what you wrote:

mabey you all are getting the wrong idea i can beat my freind with his bob long i grew up in the woods i know how to track and hunt (thats woods ball) i want to build a feild gun that will out shoot or come close to a LONG on a speed ball feild (turny)

This is what you should have wrote:

Originally posted by Spell Check Spell Check wrote:

Maybe you all are getting the wrong idea. I can beat my freind with his Bob Long in the woods. I grew up in the woods, and I know how to track and hunt. I want to build a feild legal gun that will out-shoot or come close to a Bob Long on a speedball feild.

What we are trying to say with the marker is for all of the money you are going to put into a Tippmann to make it match a Bob Long performance wise, you might as well buy a Bob Long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 11:58pm
it can be done with out spending a crap load of money.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 12:09am
If you know how, tell us. Evidently, we don't know...

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 1:26am

i got him a couple times. He has a fast trigger but i think that i can build a gun a HELL of alot cheaper than $1500 ( which broke and is in the shop ) unlike our tippys i need a fast trigger would a spring kit help ???

One of the best players in our group is winning with a pump.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic