Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Superlight 98 Mod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
chaloopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaloopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Originally posted by barn_user barn_user wrote:

If you can't carry around a gun for awile you might buy some dumbbells instead and lift those for awile then go lift your marker and see how light your gun is then.
i might try that... 
WOW this makes every thing better and yes it does work
Tippmann 98 Custom Pro
Polished Internals
J & J 12" Ceramic
Double Trigger
Digial woodland camo reciever
Empire Reloader B
PaintballPIMPIN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
STRIKE 1 - NO SELLING ON THE FORUM 3/31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballPIMPIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 9:20am

i took a 3in cutting wheel and cut out a bunch of my grip frame......only becuase i have to turn on and off a board in there, ur only gonna like lose 4oz's, why go through struggle just to loose that.

i say do that if ur gonna mill the rest of the gun, that way u loose like 1/2lb togeter.

mine weights 8.4lbs w/ EVERYTHING on it

darkmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 2:03am
You should take the clamshells apart and take everything off them and feel how heavy they really are. Aluminum is extremly light and even if you were able to "Drill" away half of the recievers you would not even notice the weight difference. But that is cool that you are looking for ways to customize your marker and make it your own. I have a 98 as well as half the civilized world and i am proud of the fact that mine is different then most others you see.
Dopa mi la tempesta
(After me, The storm)
thornygravy View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language 5/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thornygravy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 9:57am
yea, u could cut through aluminum with a jig saw
-Tippy 98c
-Polished Interns.
-RD Double Trig.
-5'' Drop
-j+j ceram 14''
-12v revy x-board
-SmartParts Grips
-Pen Spring Mod
-Milled Rear Sight
-Filled Front Grip
-Blue Paint job
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 7:29pm
Okay guys, well thanks for letting me know it won't do jack nothing but I did it anyway. (I know I can be stubborn). I could post pics if you guys want??
daniero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 8:01pm
Pics please, I'd like to see. If you have a previous / after comparison, that would be good to see difference.
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 11:51pm

I don't have pictures of the before.  But I took pictures just right now of the after the 98 superlight mod job - just for you. 

Here they are at :

http://www.putfile.com/phil_stl/images

--- Could some one on this forum take one of their grips off and take a picture of their trigger frame so that daniero can know and see the difference?

madcardisease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madcardisease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 12:19am

Maybe you could take all the internals out, put the shells back together, and just throw grenades. If you throw enough of them you will build up the muscle in your arm to be able put the internals back in and be able to lug your heavy marker around. Nice thought, but I dont think that all those small holes in the frame would make enough of a difference would it?

Custom Pro
48/3000,evil bottom
Cyclone/ricochet
Super R/T
LPK
AKA Sidewinder/cp guage
Shocktech superfly
14" j&j
Polished int.
Pen spring mod
Hybrid girls
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 9:12am

Hey madcardisease you are soooo funny it's just too bad you can't read!!! But if you could you would have known that I already said "Okay guys, well thanks for letting me know it won't do jack nothing but I did it anyway.Ē

But to answer your dumb question again which was: "Nice thought, but I donít think that all those small holes in the frame would make enough of a difference would it?"

No it won't do jack nothing as I had just said 3 post before yours.  Anyway hopefully now you'll understand that after your mommy reads it for you or spells it out to you. 

Okay and actually, about the weights...  I am not really some scrawny guy. I am a lifeguard and I am actually quite fit, although I haven't worked out in the past year because of a bad ankle injury I got when skateboarding and was told to keep weight off of it.  But before that injury I had worked out for a year and a half and although I am not very big I am one of the most fit and muscular lifeguards at the pool that I work at.  -- I'm sure you don't give a donkey's a$$ nor will you chose to believe any of this or you might try to insult me saying that all the people at my work must be twigs or something but just donít even try to insult my size because first of all your not funny and second of all, I am most likely more muscular than youíll ever be.  

The real reason for me doing that too my gun is because I like playing around with it and modifying and upgrading my gun.  It's what I like to do, so that is why I did it!  So how about you shut up with your lame jokes before I give your mom "madcardisease".

Oh ya, and how about you get an education so that you can learn how to read.  I also just hope that you will soon obtain some common sense so that you can figure out that youíll just look dumb posting and asking a question that was answered by me 3 posts upward from yours and above that by almost everyone else in this thread.  So next time do us all a favor: get your mommy to read the thread for you so that you donít waste our time and so that you donít show how much of an idiot you really are.

Edited by phil_stl - 27 June 2006 at 10:15am
PaintballPIMPIN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
STRIKE 1 - NO SELLING ON THE FORUM 3/31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballPIMPIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 10:08am
Mousehunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mousehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 1:49pm
Just to say, the internals are what make up most of the weight of the gun, aluminum is extremely light. The gun looks pretty cool though.

Edited by Mousehunter - 27 June 2006 at 1:51pm
madcardisease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madcardisease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 1:56pm

You're cool as hell, trust me I really believe that....and my mom died a year ago

You don't know me

Custom Pro
48/3000,evil bottom
Cyclone/ricochet
Super R/T
LPK
AKA Sidewinder/cp guage
Shocktech superfly
14" j&j
Polished int.
Pen spring mod
Hybrid girls
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 2:03pm
We sure do get some odd ball mods from some clearly troubled players. Drilling a hole is what is done with a drill bit. Screwing a hole??? One screwed up 98! I can't believe I actually read this thread!
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 10:54pm

Well I'm sorry your mom died (if she really is past away and your not just saying that then I really feel bad) also that I took most of my anger out on you today madcardisease.  But I was just getting ticked off at everyone that called me weak (directly or indirectly) and saying the mod I did was dumb.  But whatever I shouldn't really care what others think and I shouldn't have snapped like that.

So .... I'm sorry.

Edited by phil_stl - 27 June 2006 at 11:01pm
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 10:57pm
Hug
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 11:00pm
that mod seemed to save maybe an ounce or 2...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 12:00am

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

that mod seemed to save maybe an ounce or 2...

No, a little calculation with the thickness of the material and the apparent diameter of the holes indicates he likely reduced the weight just a little more than 1/2 of an ounce.

FA22RaptorF22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FA22RaptorF22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:26am
wow...alot of holes in a nice gun for nothing...well at least close to that.
Please sign up at http://www.tippmannowners.com/ and leave the referrer as me (FA22RaptorF22)and you will be my hero.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:27am
drat! well, i guess i was wrong
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:31am
well... i guess it's good for the diehard 98 guys on the speedball field...  it's his choice to do this mod...  it's not like he can't get new receivers if he screwed it up.  experimenting is how society progresses...
X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic