FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i wanna make my gun into a sniper gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i wanna make my gun into a sniper gun
    Posted: 17 June 2006 at 11:38pm

heh, im hopin the title generates attention.

but its true. i have a bone stock 04 vert cocker, and im lookin into pump play. read my last post.

Edited by DeTrevni - 20 June 2006 at 12:46am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 11:42pm
specs?
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 11:47pm
right now, there aint any. bone stock 04 vert. red.

HPD2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPD2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 11:53pm
WGP MP-4 ram
E2
WGP STO reg
A-5
R/T
BT double triger
14" AA & flatline
68/4500 NitroDuck X2

05 Black Magic
SM1 Orbium 3
Egg2 w/ Z-board
MP-4 ram
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 11:58pm
Barrel.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:10am
lookin into an e2 and a bigshot. might be a while though.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 12:30am

alright, this time im serious. ive been wanting to play stock class for a while, and dont want to spend money on a phantom, despite the fact they are excellent guns. conveniently, the cocker is more or less gathering dust, so guess what im gonna do. ive already got the white wolf kit scoped out, and i might just half block it for the heck of it.

anyway, i heard snipers werent as efficient as a phantom, and i need to squeeze as many shots out of a 12g as possible. anyone know how to make a sniper more efficient?

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 5:16am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

alright, this time im serious. ive been wanting to play stock class for a while, and dont want to spend money on a phantom, despite the fact they are excellent guns. conveniently, the cocker is more or less gathering dust, so guess what im gonna do. ive already got the white wolf kit scoped out, and i might just half block it for the heck of it.

anyway, i heard snipers werent as efficient as a phantom, and i need to squeeze as many shots out of a 12g as possible. anyone know how to make a sniper more efficient?

yes, i do actually.  Lt Valves from PPS give you an incredible amount of shots...  i'd imagine you'd get more from a sniper than a cocker..  so i'd estimate a case of paint with a 68/4500...  i just hope it would work with a sniper, but i don't see why it wouldn't... 

now are you going to go constant air, or 12 grams...  and it you are going to run 12 grams, i'd recommend picking up a 3.5 oz tank as well..  they pay for themselves..  and you never have to get them hydroed...

X
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 5:20am
i already have an old 4 ounce, just in case i have to spray and pray, but for the most part, i intend on playing stock class. i read the tornado valve drops pressure to 200 psi, and a volumizer upgrade with the WWA pump kit is said to get another 2-3 shots out of a 12g. im looking into that, but im sure there are many other options out there.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 5:29am

i already have an old 4 ounce, just in case i have to spray and pray, but for the most part, i intend on playing stock class. i read the tornado valve drops pressure to 200 psi, and a volumizer upgrade with the WWA pump kit is said to get another 2-3 shots out of a 12g. im looking into that, but im sure there are many other options out there.
yeah, i don't know as much about snipers as i do cockers, but i'm sure there are ways to increase efficiancy....  maybe lighten the hammer somehow....    the volumizer is a good idea...  maybe you could get a palmers stabilizer and run some 12 grams hawaiian style... that might give the c02 more of a chance to expand...  but that would add weight.. 
X
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 5:35am

well, im not too concerned about the weight. i have a rainmaker remember

anyway, im hoping to somehow squeeze 30 shots out of a 12. thats 2 15 rd. tubes. thats what i figure is ideal, so i need every aspect of efficient i can get. i think ive got the valve lined out, and the volumizer and pump, and the stabilizer is a pretty good idea.

Edited by DeTrevni - 20 June 2006 at 5:35am

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 5:45am

well, im not too concerned about the weight. i have a rainmaker remember

anyway, im hoping to somehow squeeze 30 shots out of a 12. thats 2 15 rd. tubes. thats what i figure is ideal, so i need every aspect of efficient i can get. i think ive got the valve lined out, and the volumizer and pump, and the stabilizer is a pretty good idea.

yeah, rms are pretty beefy...  but i would deffinately try the stabilizer idea..  if it doesn't work, you can always put it on another marker...  30 shots from a 12g seems pretty plausible..  my phantom gets around 45-50 depending on the temperature..  i would carry an extra 12 gram with you just in case though...  sometimes the charger can come unscrewed and waste some co2...  and even if you do run out of paint, you can always try to barrel tag...  i don't recommend that while playing against some speedball people though...
X
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 5:50am

ill shove a few 12's into my pocket. that should tide me over.

well, cool. i have me a plan. thanks a bunch for the help.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 5:54am

np.  glad to help people get into stock class..  and you better post pics when you get everything set up...

also, you mentioned halfblocking...  i think that would be kickass...  probably make it lighter to pump too...

X
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 5:58am
yeah, i thought about that. it would look kinda silly when you put the feed tube in though. ill draw it out to see.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 5:59am
oh, that's true...  but you could go fancy and put the feed on backwards...  i think i've seen some illustrators like that before...  might still look weird though...
X
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 6:05am
im doin a ms painting of the idea, ill get the outline posted by the end of tomarrow, both styles, just to see what itll look like. ill color it in later.

Edited by DeTrevni - 20 June 2006 at 6:05am

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 6:12am

im doin a ms painting of the idea, ill get the outline posted by the end of tomarrow, both styles, just to see what itll look like. ill color it in later.
awesome... looking foward to seeing that.  oh, man, i'm tired... i'll be on l8er... hopefully the outlines are gonna be up by then...
X
spyderman7892 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyderman7892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 2:50pm
pfffft sniper haha sorry man but every gun can be a "sniper" just take care of ur equipment especially ur paint
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 2:54pm
Just pick up a cheap trracer    Mine was $40
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic