Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can i get the forum guitarists’ opinions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 2:47am
good choice, ive never been fond of "starter packs" ever since my squire screwed up. plus, the stuff that came with it sucked. im in the process of talking my parents into letting me do the payment plan for the epiphone i want. that way, ill have cash to up my rainmaker and cocker as well.

Edited by DeTrevni - 20 June 2006 at 2:47am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 3:37am

Starter packs are an oxymoron. Why start a beginner out with a toneless, unreliable, hard to play, and basically useless musical instrument? You'll pay about $150 for a decent (I use the term loosely) starter kit, when $250 will get you a fairly decent acoustic to learn on, and if you have to have an electric Epiphone makes nice guitars for under $300, and you can find a Mexican Strat for like $250-$400 (the average player won't be able to tell the difference between a Mexican and American strat just by playing). Then you can get a halfway decent amp from Marshall, Fender, or Crate for around $200-$300.

The problem is that most people don't realize that music is an investment, just like paintball, or cheap Asian hookers. The more you put in, the more you get out. Good equipment doesn't come cheap-but you'll never really start playing until you find that tone you want.

I've been playing for ten years, and I just now got the tone I want (three thousand dollars in amps later...).

And on a side note-I've got a Squier Strat I beat up on occasionally for a "rough practice" guitar. Actually doesn't sound half bad-it's all in how you play it.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 3:42am
Well all together my little set-up is going to cost around $320 which isn't to bad, but... I'm only starting out so I don't need Worlock or somthing.

My litte set-up comes with.

• Horizon Speaker Cable 16g 20ft
  • Fender 351 pick pack .73mm
  • Musicians friend's Elite Acustic Gig Bag
  • Drive CD 200B 20W Bass Combo(not the biggest amp, but... I only need it for practice)
  • Dean 09 4-string Bass
  • Fender impact guitar Strap(Black Skull)
  • Korg CA-40 Electronic Chromatic Tuner
I think thats basically all I need.

Edited by Panda Man - 20 June 2006 at 4:02am
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 3:52am
Dean guitars are some of the most underrated out there....they're really good guitars with lots of output.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic