FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is my gun too fast.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is my gun too fast.....
    Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:04am

Will a cyclone feed with QEV keep up with

the Super RT and the Dark Horizons Titanium Rear Hammer(which is 60% lighter than the stock hammer and when its by itself makes the 98c go faster than a gun with the regular RT) and the Maddmann Spring Kit?

All these things speed up my gun to about 22bps or more so will my cyclone feed with QEV keep up with that speed and not break or should I get the Vortex mod?

PaintballPIMPIN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
STRIKE 1 - NO SELLING ON THE FORUM 3/31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballPIMPIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:10am
vortex and qev and it should keep up with 23bps, but that limit man, no need to go faster with the gun, just do the hopper
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:27am
So you are saying buy the vortex?  Or will the QEV that I'm going to install on the cyclone keep up with 22bps?
FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:29am
You need both to get up to that speed.
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:49am

Darn oh well another 40$ bucks canadian that I could have used on paint.  Oh well my gun will kick major <KRL>

Thanks

Jmann4567 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmann4567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 12:40pm

I don't see the need to shoot 23 bps...

98c
Smart Parts Teardrop
Ricochet Rhino hopper
deadOn double trigger
Pen spring mod
Custom paintjob
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16221294395.jpg&s=f5

tippya5extreme View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filterdodging/Language 7/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 12:58pm
well.....if you dont want your cyclone to brake on you, its prob better to upgrade if your going to shoot that fast

tippya5extreme
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Jmann4567 Jmann4567 wrote:

That's what people with slow guns say.

I don't know why I like to shoot fast. I don't when I play, so it shouldn't matter, but it still bugs me if I know I can't (shoot fast.)

SRG.Slims View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRG.Slims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 3:32pm
whats a vortex?
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

I don't know why I like to shoot fast. I don't when I play, so it shouldn't matter, but it still bugs me if I know I can't (shoot fast.)

i feel that way too

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:33pm
Tru that...
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by phil_stl phil_stl wrote:

Darn oh well another 40$ bucks canadian that I could have used on paint. Oh well my gun will kick major <KRL>

Thanks

LOL...I haven't heard anyone use <KRL> for a long time around here.
FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:54pm

My NME could easily do upwards of 23bps, but it doesn't.  I capped it at 16bps. 

Why?  Because if I can't hit someone w/ 16bps I'm probably not going to hit them with 23bps either.  No need to waste the paint.  Humans cannot run through a stream of paint @ 15bps fast enough to avoid getting hit at least once, why shoot faster? 

I deceided that I don't need to be firing more than 18bps, ever.  I save paint, play more games, hurt less people, and overall have a better time. 

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Darn oh well another 40$ bucks canadian that I could have used on paint. Oh well my gun will kick major <KRL>

Thanks

LOL...I haven't heard anyone use <KRL> for a long time around here.

Beat me too it. Exact thing I was thinking.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:23am

I know what Im doing and might do in the future.  I'm not going to get the Super rt, the QEV and the Vortex just yet cause it would run me up $120 without customs or duties. 

So for now I'll just get tippmann to send me my T fitting and run my response trigger with the cyclone feed and the $60 Dark Horizons Titanium Bolt and also my new Maddman Spring kit which are both coming in the mail soon.

I'll probably get about 15 -17 bps and I'm sure it will be fast enough for me, if not I'll upgrade later. I just hope my hopper can keep up cause I wont have qev or vortex and the DH Hammer makes the gun pretty fast and with rt even faster.  Oh well I can turn speed down if needed on the rt.

Alright guys thanks for your input though. 

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:28am
Originally posted by FyreFly FyreFly wrote:

My NME could easily do upwards of 23bps, but it doesn't.  I capped it at 16bps. 

Why?  Because if I can't hit someone w/ 16bps I'm probably not going to hit them with 23bps either.  No need to waste the paint.  Humans cannot run through a stream of paint @ 15bps fast enough to avoid getting hit at least once, why shoot faster? 

I deceided that I don't need to be firing more than 18bps, ever.  I save paint, play more games, hurt less people, and overall have a better time. 

Well then you>me

SRG.Slims View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRG.Slims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 1:37pm

i have no idea were you are getting this Dark Horizons Titanium Bolt. i cant find it i search the web and cant find it. were are you duy this  Dark Horizons Titanium Bolt?

OOshanis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OOshanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by SRG.Slims SRG.Slims wrote:

were are you duy this  Dark Horizons Titanium Bolt?

the h isnt hard to find...and the d and g, arent too close togehter...plus grammar

Edited by OOshanis - 16 June 2006 at 2:06pm
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by OOshanis OOshanis wrote:

Originally posted by SRG.Slims SRG.Slims wrote:

were are you duy this  Dark Horizons Titanium Bolt?

the h isnt hard to find...and the d and g, arent too close togehter...plus grammar

by d and g, do you mean "b" instead of g?

buy? not guy? or duy?

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 3:38pm

I know what Im doing and might do in the future.  I'm not going to get the Super rt, the QEV and the Vortex just yet cause it would run me up $120 without customs or duties. 

So for now I'll just get tippmann to send me my T fitting and run my response trigger with the cyclone feed and the $60 Dark Horizons Titanium Bolt and also my new Maddman Spring kit which are both coming in the mail soon.

I'll probably get about 15 -17 bps and I'm sure it will be fast enough for me, if not I'll upgrade later. I just hope my hopper can keep up cause I wont have qev or vortex and the DH Hammer makes the gun pretty fast and with rt even faster.  Oh well I can turn speed down if needed on the rt.

Alright guys thanks for your input though. 

The cyclone will keep the R/T in check.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic