FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I GOT SHOT IN THE EYE WEARING SCOTT MASK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 1:20am
oh yeah and you should never take off any of the mask. though... that does look really cool.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 1:31am

Originally posted by sleeperone sleeperone wrote:

I have an Extreme Rage mask. I took duck tape (my best friend) and taped along the jaw line of the mask (from cheek to cheek) for about three times So the chin is extended about 5 to 6 inches from the chin. This way my neck is protected. I also use the black plastic screen used for windows over the lens of my mask. Not to make sure the paint does't do what happend to the dude that started this post but to cut down on sun glare. It hangs a bit loose from the lenses and does work on cutting down the glare.

How do you clean the lens when you get hit?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 1:50am

Guys, part of the liquid in the fill material can be glycerin. Glycerin is an ever so slight irritant. Rub glycerin on good skin and it will give a warming sensation. Noticed any of the TV ads for "personal" lubricant? "Warms when you rub it in." That product is a combination of water soluble lubricant and glycerin. The glycerin provides the "warming."

Propylene-glycol is the primary liquid in most paintballs. Glycerin is an additive to some. I am told it may be added as a thickener. Glycerin may have a detectable odor.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 1:56am

Originally posted by jrod1321 jrod1321 wrote:

no, they never reported it...i dont think their parents wanted it to go public...this is true, i have no reason to make it up...(SNIP)

How is that? In the US an injury, that shows up in the emergency room, inflicted by a paintball marker, a BB gun, a bow & arrow, or a sling shot, (and other possible "weapons") must be reported to authorites...and, if serious, will make the papers.

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 3:00am
interesting thread.  thanks for the safety tip!  i have a friend that uses those goggles...
X
Chrisb319 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisb319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 5:41am
glad your okay :)
UV Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UV Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 5:48pm
Glycerin is an irritant?  Didn't expect that, especially since it's a major ingredient in moisturizers.

I'm not surprised that the chemicals in today's paintballs are different than those of a few years ago, with the drive to make better marking, more temperature and humidity tolerant paintballs, etc.

I'm just glad my proteus mask has all the vents around the goggle itself has a baffle of some sort that prevents direct paint entry inwards towards the eyes.  I've had the occasional tiny drops of spray on the inside of the lense but never in/around my eyes.
M98C- W/QwkStrpCut
Comp Air & Palmer Fatty Stab
Gas-Thru Stock
Lapco Sight Rail W/ADCO 30MM EDOT
Qloader W/ CMS
Freak SS W/Stif-Tip * Flatline * Armson Stealth
Saint View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Rudeness - 7/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 7:09pm
Yeah but Halo, even though lotion moisturizes, it prolly wouldnt feel good on your eyes.

First to play, last to stay. MN Militia.
SETUP
Tippmann C98
12" All American - Opsgear M4 Foregrip - M4 Mag Kit - Solid Stock
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Saint Saint wrote:

Yeah but Halo, even though lotion moisturizes, it prolly wouldnt feel good on your eyes.
it doesn't...
X
FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 12:35am
I guess it's time for me to get a new mask.
thornygravy View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language 5/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thornygravy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 1:18am
will taping up those vents help things not fog up??
-Tippy 98c
-Polished Interns.
-RD Double Trig.
-5'' Drop
-j+j ceram 14''
-12v revy x-board
-SmartParts Grips
-Pen Spring Mod
-Milled Rear Sight
-Filled Front Grip
-Blue Paint job
sleeperone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeperone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 9:34pm

Bruce A. Frank,

I cut the screen out in the same shape of the goggles then I duct taped the bottom so it weighs down the screen. I just attached the top of the screen to the mask, again duct tape. It sort of free falls down over the lens. I move the screen and wipe. Oddly enough the paint doesn't stick or stay on the screen. Maybe because it is plastic.

As for the irritant in the paint. Paintball paint is caustic somewhat because it eats the camo off the camo duct tape from Wal-mart (not the glossy cam but the flat cam tape). I don't care cause the olive drab color under the camo pattern is just fine.

Aim once.....
Shoot Often!!
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by thornygravy thornygravy wrote:

will taping up those vents help things not fog up??
no... it would make them for more.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic