Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bullpup A-5 kit with video on pg 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 6:08pm
sweet, id really like to see a video.
Sairen Blitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sairen Blitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 6:25pm
^^amen, why are bullpup designs so awesome? other than everything of course. i think im in love
Jefangel View Drop Down
MILSIM Custom Work Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jefangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Sairen Blitz Sairen Blitz wrote:

^^amen, why are bullpup designs so awesome? other than everything of course. i think im in love

Pre-orders are up!

Bullpups are great (and I can quote the TV show future weapons almost directly for this) because most of the weight resides behind your hand (this also answers the balance question of someone else), since the weight is behind the hand and on your arm, it gives the illusion of a much lighter weapon, and since the muscles are already tight on your arm and your arm is in a "closed" position, you both have a smaller over-all profile, as well as you are already tense for a quick target aquisition. Also because the wieght of the gun is behind your hands, when you are choosing targets, you are really only moving the barrel, which means you can jump back and forth between multiple targets at a much faster rate.
    The shortened over-all length in front of the hand (about as long as a pistol), means you can get closer to your bunkers or trees out on the field, it also means CQB is much easier accomplished as you dont have to swing a long gun out to meet your target.

There...pretty much from the bullpup manual...except NOW...For paintball!!! :)

BTW, if there are any dealers out there...like Tippmann themselves (after-all, this is an upgrade for their A-5), PM me...I will get you dealer pricing...

Identity Crisis Team Leader
Team Identity Crisis Home
Jefangel View Drop Down
MILSIM Custom Work Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jefangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 6:42pm
The funny thing about the weight, it is about the same weight as an opsgear front RIS foregrip...it adds a little over a pound to your over-all marker, but because of the way it balances on your arm and hand, it feels lighter...

I actually had one guy at D-day tell me it was lighter than a stock A-5...
   ...I then pointed out to him that it WAS a stock A-5 with our B-5 shroud over it...boy was he embarrassed...but it makes for a funny story and shows exactly how this feels in the hand.

If anyone is going to the Buffalo special forces D-day event on June 24, we will be out there with a couple of the prototypes (#3 and #4 and maybe prototype #5 with everything that I am implementing from talking to people on the forums)...just look for the identity crisis banner.

Oh, and for the guy who asked how long to develope and get into production...well, I am still developing (although I have 2 working prototypes that we play with...I am just tweaking now), AND, we haven't gone into full production yet...and probably won't until we get 100 pre-orders...we need to show our manufacturers that we are serious...

Since I am still working on the next prototype...and I posted this here for feedback and ideas...does anyone have any more ideas or criticisms that they would like to see impemented...after-all, You guys practically built this thing! I just took your ideas and made them real    Check out my original thread when I first built the proof of concept

I take all of your comments seriously, as you can see going from that, to this

Edited by Jefangel - 16 June 2006 at 7:06pm

Jefangel View Drop Down
MILSIM Custom Work Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jefangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 6:44pm
I also want to assure everyone that this pre-order is not going to run a very long time. I have pre-ordered things before and then sat for 6 months waiting for my product to arrive only to eventually have to beg the company for my money back since it seemed like nothing was ever going to happen.
Identity Crisis has a very good reputation in the paintball world as players and I don't want to do anything to jeapordize that. My business partner and I have setup some strict boundries on our cutoff (approximately 2 months). If we do not recieve enough pre-orders by that cutoff to show our manufacturers and investors that we are serious, we are going to return everyone their money and cancel the whole project (possibly selling the patent to someone else who has more capital). The last thing we want is players angry at us for keeping a pre-order going far too long. The money collected on this pre-order is sitting in a bank and will not be touched until we place our first order with the manufacturer...if the order never happens, you will get your money back, and we will take the hit for the charges that are already incurred to take payments.
I want to assume all of the risk on myself and none of it on you guys, to keep my reputation. That goes for all dealers also.

On the plus side, we have already recieved a few pre-orders...so thanks guys who pre-ordered already!

Btw, since I was asked by a lot of people...later on today you should find a "group buy" option for orders of 5 or more (from players not dealers, dealers should still contact me), where each will recieve 10 dollars off when bought as a group.

pre-order page

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 6:45pm
waterproof electro? scenario marker that's a bullpup?  you guys make me want to get a job...
X
Blackdawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackdawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 8:19pm

ok time for my nice list of questions.

1. is that a 45 frame that you are using for the grip? the current thing that bugs me with a-5's is the fact that they arnt a standard grip so you cant get stickies or anything really for them.

2. it looks like it, but is there enough room for a low pressure kit on there? just want to be sure

3. so over all its only about a pound including the ape board and all that? currently my marker weighs a ton with the stock on it which im sure weighs a couple pounds, then of course you have the grip which isnt horrible but it adds up fast.

4. does it come in camo lol?

5. i noticed theres not a lot of clearance with the flatline in there, would you have to pull the 2 halves apart in order to get the flatline barrel off to clean it? i can see that it wouldnt be a problem for a normal barrel though.

welp i think thats all for now if i think of any more questions ill be sure to post them. thx for the info

Edited by Blackdawn - 16 June 2006 at 11:38pm
estcstpnt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estcstpnt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 8:31pm

Oh jesus! That thing is NASTY.

Thinking about it...
Jefangel View Drop Down
MILSIM Custom Work Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jefangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Blackdawn Blackdawn wrote:

ok time for my nice list of questions.

1. is that a 45 frame that you are using for the grip? the current thing that bugs me with a-5's is the fact that they arnt a standard grip so you cant get stickies or anything really for them.

2. it looks like it, but is there enough room for a low pressure kit on there? just want to be sure

3. so over all its only about a pound including the ape board and all that? currently my marker weighs a ton with the stock on it which im sure weighs a couple pounds, then of course you have the grip which isnt horrible but it adds up fast.

4. does it come in camo lol?

5. i noticed theres not a lot of clearance with the flatline in there, would you have to pull the 2 halves apart in order to get the flatline barrel off to clean it? i can see that it wouldnt be a problem for a normal barrel though.

welp i think thats all for now if i think of any more questions ill be sure to post them. thx for the info

1:, Yes, it is a 45 grip frame on there...will fit all standard 45 grip plates and grips.

2:, actually, the pics of slasherdan holding it...there IS a low pressure kit in that marker...so yes, it fits...this kit should fit all the accessories and add-ons for the A-5...including the Q-loader.

3: to install the B-5 parts, you remove your grip (which reduces your wieght, and then add-on the B-5...it replaces the grip frame...since you don't need a stock, it replaces that as well, it also gives you a mounting point for rails on the front...so you don't need a fore-grip...in all, it should be a much lighter marker than when you have all of those things on seperately.

4: Initially it will come in black, but we may offer paint-jobs for an additional fee. We may even do them in camo using the dura-bond paints.

5: Yes, unfortunately you would have to take the two halves in 1/2 to remove a flatline barrell...however, I never remove my flatline to clean it, I just run a rubber squeegie through the cylcone into the barrel...I tried a lot of ideas to get it so that you could remove the flatline while it was together...none really worked.

Blackdawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackdawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 3:12am
ya know im actualy curious as to if an apex barrel would look good with that mod or not, it would be interesting to see because of the large plastic piece on the end of the barrel, also would you still be able to adjust the apex i would think it would be long enough to stick out the end of the shroud.
Jefangel View Drop Down
MILSIM Custom Work Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jefangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Blackdawn Blackdawn wrote:

ya know im actualy curious as to if an apex barrel would look good with that mod or not, it would be interesting to see because of the large plastic piece on the end of the barrel, also would you still be able to adjust the apex i would think it would be long enough to stick out the end of the shroud.

Actually, a stock Apex does not fit , it is too short and I couldn't adjust the shroud to work with it...it ended up looking really dumb. However, the longer apex's (the 12" and the 14") DO work...or you can do what I did and buy a J&J ceramic barrell and mount your APEX onto that! it looks great (I'll post a pic this weekend of it) and it works great!

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 2:03pm
man, i just looked at the original proof of concept, and let me tell you. you came a LONG way.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Sarge14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 5:45pm
Looks comfy to hold...looks like a good cqb un to have..nice work
Nothing is Stronger than the Heart of a Volunteer

Proud to be a Soldier in the United States Army!
Commo Leads the Way!!
Blackdawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackdawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:06am
i currently have a j&j 14 incher for my a5 i didnt know that you could actualy put the apex mechanism on a different barrel
Thatoneguy123 View Drop Down
...Who?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatoneguy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:34am
I was going to buy it but then I saw the price and  oh well everything in life costs money.

Its a sweet mod anyway tho..
pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:53am
That is the single most beautiful mod i have ever set eyes upon. You should make one for the 98 custom.
c411m3b0b View Drop Down
Guested - troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c411m3b0b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 1:14am

i usually dont like those kinda guns but its nice

i hate people
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 1:24am

Originally posted by Thatoneguy123 Thatoneguy123 wrote:

I was going to buy it but then I saw the price and  oh well everything in life costs money.

Its a sweet mod anyway tho..

Did you look at what the price includes?

Jefangel View Drop Down
MILSIM Custom Work Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jefangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 10:20am
Originally posted by pooperscooper pooperscooper wrote:

That is the single most beautiful mod i have ever set eyes upon. You should make one for the 98 custom.

Actually, the plan for the company is to make bullpup mods for all types of markers, We patented the bullpup design for paintball, so we are starting with the A-5, the next one will be the ION, after that we are still determining, but probably a 98, spyder, cocker, Impulse...and eventually even angels!

Some will be more difficult than others, some will look more mil-sim than others (all depending on what is possible with the mold).

OR, it could all come tumbling down around my head and I could close the company in 2 months because we didn't get enough pre-orders...and end up selling the patent to someone who has enough capital to make it work.   

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 10:29am
/me wants one

This will be my first paintball purchase when I get back from bootcamp.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic