Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zeus + A5 = megA-5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gasdrinker View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language 6/27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gasdrinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeus + A5 = megA-5
    Posted: 13 June 2006 at 2:28pm
So i have been thinking of this idea for some time now. The zeus G1 is a very simple side arm and I was thinking about mounting one to the front of my A5 just under the barrel and mounted to the front grip bolt. I was thinking about getting rid of the zeuses feeding system and make almost a Q loader type hose connected to the cyclone hopper. I would also get the co2 tank asa fittings for the zeus and just run a line to the A5 so I wouldnt have to change 12g's all the time. I was thinking about getting rid of the grip because there is basicly nothing to it and just run a solenoid to the trigger so i can shoot the zeus via a switch on my A5's grip.

What do you all think of this? Can any of you think of a better way of mounting, or feeding the zeus with paint? I'm working on some pics of what the project may look like when i'm finished.
Tippmann A-5/Zeus G1
E-Grip /w APE board
QEV
Vortex
Flatline
Dye UL 14 in.
R5 Hopper
Lapco offset rail with Tac Light/Scope
OpsGear MP5 Sliding Stock
OpsGear MP5 Mag kit
SpecOps Front grip
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 2:29pm
Sounds cool, but way too much work for its purpose IMO.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Strike 1 - Language 6/27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gasdrinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 2:32pm
I use a flatline and it isnt very accurate at close ranges. The zeus is 
Tippmann A-5/Zeus G1
E-Grip /w APE board
QEV
Vortex
Flatline
Dye UL 14 in.
R5 Hopper
OpsGear MP5 Mag kit
SpecOps Front grip
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 2:33pm
Too lazy to move your arm that much?  Sad...
Strike 1 - Language 6/27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gasdrinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Too lazy to move your arm that much?  Sad...

But have the power to bust out the cnc machine to make mounting brackets, create a new trigger assembly, create a feed device and wire up a trigger.. yea im lazy. I was thinking it would be like a grenade launcher but with the zeus there.
Tippmann A-5/Zeus G1
E-Grip /w APE board
QEV
Vortex
Flatline
Dye UL 14 in.
R5 Hopper
OpsGear MP5 Mag kit
SpecOps Front grip
Strike 1 - Language 6/27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gasdrinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 1:25am
c'mon people tell me what you think. If this is a crapper idea tell me. I need some feedback.
Tippmann A-5/Zeus G1
E-Grip /w APE board
QEV
Vortex
Flatline
Dye UL 14 in.
R5 Hopper
OpsGear MP5 Mag kit
SpecOps Front grip
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 1:47am
This isn't AIM or IRC, don't expect instant responses here.

But anyways, I think its a waste of a perfectly good marker. If you plan on doing QCB, take off the Flatline, and put on a straight barrel...
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 2:14am
i had an idea like that a while back..  but then i would just wind up using the zeus as my main marker and the a-5 would get in the way...
X
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 2:45am
umm ok..

mess cow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mess cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 10:27am

if you had time the money do it

Capone1911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capone1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 12:45am
If you really want to mount something under your A-5, just get a grenade launcher mod. Great close range kills with the grape shot grenades or use the liquid fill grenades to get long range kills.
Wanna go kamikaze?
Blackdawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackdawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 1:38am
well to be honest a flatline is more accurate the closer your target is to you if you think about it the accuracy is only going to get worse the farther you shoot. so the only advantage to having a side arm for close range combat is its mobility and the fact that it is compact, which you completely eliminate by mounting it to your a-5. so no offense but imo your idea completely kills the advantage of a paintball pistol.
killswitch43 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killswitch43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 6:07pm
I think it's a bad idea.  If you're close enough that you want to use your pistol you might as well just use it.

Also, as stated, the Flatline is more accurate at close ranges than it is long ranges - just like most barrels.
Lonnie 942 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonnie 942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 6:59pm
i think it is a great idea if it works send me a pm i have a g2 mabye we can hook that up as well
A-5 richoet hopper apex barrell combat stock e-grip tactical sling
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic