Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need a little help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vonfife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need a little help
    Posted: 13 June 2006 at 12:14am
Im really new at paintball and can barely take apart my gun and put back together w/o screwing something up. Ive lost the tombstone latch spring on my A-5 and i used this other extra spring from the trigger assembly.  but now ive screwed that up too. So i need to get a new spring to so i can put the trigger spring back. wat do u suggest best way to replace that latch spring.
jeez im a idiot.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 12:17am
Call Tippmann.

If they don't give it to you, goto tippmannparts.com.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:28am
When tearing apart your gun, use a big open workspace where if you drop something, you'll be easily able to find it. Try to avoid tearing your gun apart on a cluttered workbench, where dropped springs, screws, etc will be lost forever.
tippya5extreme View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filterdodging/Language 7/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:45am

Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

When tearing apart

why did you tear apart your gun?

tippya5extreme
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:56am
Also , a good Idea is to use a cereal bowl ( or something like it ) and put the parts in there as you take them off. Download the schematic from this web site so you know what goes where.
tippya5extreme View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filterdodging/Language 7/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:59am

when you tear apart your gun the first time, pull out your manual and get to know the gun. take all parts out and then back in so you know how they go.......have fun!

tippya5extreme
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 5:22pm
Keep in mind you dont have to take the halves apart on the A5, all the internal parts that need cleaning and oil easily field strip out. Just folow the procedure in the manual and youll be fine.

Just keep at it, dont skimp out on maintenance. Tippmanns are very durable and forgiving, but theres no reason not to do a simple field strip and wipe off the moving parts and oil them back up periodically. Especially if you take a face plant in the mud and get your gun covered with goo, or get shot somewhere the paint can get inside your gun.

Edited by Enos Shenk - 13 June 2006 at 5:23pm
vonfife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 9:11pm
thanx a bunch guys. i foned tippmann and have that spring coming, wow they have great customer service. and also thanx for the suggestions on where to take my gun apart, cuz yea...i guess on the floor in my room not the best idea haha. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic