Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fixing A-5 help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sherm08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherm08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fixing A-5 help
    Posted: 12 June 2006 at 8:47pm

I haven't had the chance to use my A-5 very often, but I recently had some problems with it (probably my doing).  I have an A-5 with an e-grip and a flatline, and I recently installed a BT double trigger and an expansion chamber on it.  I did both at the same time which was probably a bad idea.  After installing both, I went to test out my gun and i had the following problem (I use CO2 by the way).

When I hit my trigger, CO2 only comes out every 3rd or 4th pull, and when it does it comes out 4 or 5 shots at a time.  It does this no matter what mode I'm on, be it full auto or semi auto or turbo.  Also, the gun is fairly unsafe as I tested something else out.  I turned on the electric safety (properly called no firing mode i think) and after pulling my trigger a few times it shot.  That is...  Pretty bad.  Any suggestions on fixing it?  I recently oiled everything that I thought would need oiled.

tippya5extreme View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filterdodging/Language 7/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 8:56pm

so you have an

-egrip

-flat line

-double trigger

-expansion chamber

and Co2 doesn't really come out?

try replacing the battery

align the trigger in the frame

make shure the grip is working before you put it on the gun

tippya5extreme
Sherm08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherm08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:10pm
CO2 comes out, just in short bursts.  4 or 5 shots, and it seems to work fine when its not connected to air.  As in when i pull the trigger it clicks when its supposed to.  When I hook up the air, however, as I said i'll hit the trigger 3 or 4 times before something comes out, then CO2 will come out in 3-4 short burst fire.  I'll try replacing the battery and see what happens.  Also, I've tried different tanks so it isn't that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:20pm

you said that you pull the trigger 3 or 4 times and then CO2 come out in bust fire,    could it be the setting on the grip? (on burst)

i sort of get what your saying...

when you pull the trigger does the gun jolt? not normal feeling?

tippya5extreme
Sherm08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherm08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:26pm
Yes it jolts, it has actual kick, not much, but it exists....  Definitely not normal.  Its not the firing mode as I've set it on multiple modes and they all shoot the same (and yes I am changing them).  Yeah though, the first 3 or 4 pulls do nothing except a couple of clicks (the sound you get when you don't have air) and then it all comes out at once.  Kind of see what I'm saying?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:45pm

when you installed the double trigger----the trigger mite not my touching the trigger switch

try the following -

- view top up trigger assembly and make shure there are no gaps

- inspect the grip ( inside)

- check the air line (it could be blocked someware)

- take the power tube and the internals out and lube it up good

tippya5extreme
Sherm08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherm08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:51pm
Thanks, do you have a picture of what its supposed to look like and what you think i have it looking like by chance?  Or at least what its supposed to look like would be good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5extreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:57pm
the grip?    its in your manual, i you dont have one go to www.tippmann.com

tippya5extreme
Sherm08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherm08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 10:12pm

K, thanks, I'll test it out and see if I can get things working properly, if anyone else knows anything thats wrong with it I'll be checking this thread tommorow to see.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic