FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Egrip vs. R/T

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Egrip vs. R/T
    Posted: 17 June 2006 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by mikeandkyle mikeandkyle wrote:

Originally posted by MoNkeY Hunter MoNkeY Hunter wrote:

RT = Good..........Egrip=great.

Egrip=great......................RT = greater

No
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
mikeandkyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeandkyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 5:40pm

Originally posted by MoNkeY Hunter MoNkeY Hunter wrote:

Egrip=great......................RT = greater

maddog312us View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddog312us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 8:20am
I have the e-grip and if I could go back to when I bought my gun I would have gotten the r/t.
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea whatís inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 3:22am
Once you find the sweet spot on your r/t, you will love it.  After buying a DOP Blade Trig, I was amazed on how well my r/t worked. ( for a-5)
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
MoNkeY Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 10:55pm
Sc0uter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sc0uter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 12:29am
Allright, thanks alot guys.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

RT faster than E-grip? Not with the WAS board, which is standard. It's all moot when it outshoots your hopper anyways.

You never specified 98c or A-5, so I can't be as much help as I'd like to be. If you can't sweet-spot your RT, try this: Screw the adjustment screw all the way in until the gun won't shoot, back it off 1/4 turn at a time, test fireing between adjustments. Squeeze with consistant pressure, you should be able to get it to crank right along at this low setting. It won't be fast, but it'll be easy. Keep backing off until you get the right balance between speed and ease of keeping it going. It's up to you what you want.

Generally speaking you'll be lucky to get a 10 shot burst with an RT. However, with a HPA tank with the ROF set relativly low so it's easy to sweet spot, I've been able to empty a hopper plus in one burst on a stock A-5RT. Just pouring fire into a group of about 30 suckers who had no way to go but through us to escape, and directly through my fire lane to get there. I totally respect the RT. It's great for people like me who dislike electronics.

The E-grip is however, much more versitle.

My E-grip is pre-was. Totally forgot about the was board.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 3:53pm

Thats what I like.. No batteries! No electronics! Just good ole fashion mechanics.

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 2:46pm

RT faster than E-grip? Not with the WAS board, which is standard. It's all moot when it outshoots your hopper anyways.

You never specified 98c or A-5, so I can't be as much help as I'd like to be. If you can't sweet-spot your RT, try this: Screw the adjustment screw all the way in until the gun won't shoot, back it off 1/4 turn at a time, test fireing between adjustments. Squeeze with consistant pressure, you should be able to get it to crank right along at this low setting. It won't be fast, but it'll be easy. Keep backing off until you get the right balance between speed and ease of keeping it going. It's up to you what you want.

Generally speaking you'll be lucky to get a 10 shot burst with an RT. However, with a HPA tank with the ROF set relativly low so it's easy to sweet spot, I've been able to empty a hopper plus in one burst on a stock A-5RT. Just pouring fire into a group of about 30 suckers who had no way to go but through us to escape, and directly through my fire lane to get there. I totally respect the RT. It's great for people like me who dislike electronics.

The E-grip is however, much more versitle.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 2:01pm
I have both.

Response Trigger:

Pros:
-Faster than E-grip
-Can switch between full and semi auto on the go, its all about how you pull the trigger

-runs off excess air

Cons:
-Installation is hard for the average player
-Not tournament legal
-Some fields dont allow it
-Have to tune it

Egrip:

Pros:
-Able to walk
-Easy installation on A-5 (switching grips)
-Tournament Legal
-Field legal
-Different modes of fire
-Adjustable rate of fire

Cons:
Harder to install on the 98c.

Uses batteries
need little screwdriver to switch modes of fire

I'd take the E-grip over the response trigger anyday

Edited by You Wont See Me - 09 June 2006 at 2:02pm
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 10:21am
I tell ya, the R/T is a pain to get right, but worth it. I've fought with mine for about 2 months and just got it working right last week. It was worth the fight in my opinion.
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 8:05am
Well hopefully it's the new style 98c, otherwise you'll need the E-Bolt.  One con with the E-Grip is that it is a sear tripper.  It's not a huge deal, but still.  Otherwise I love the E-Grip on my Custom Pro E.  Good modes.  Fast enough for now.  Overall pretty good.
Sc0uter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sc0uter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 1:55am
Okay, currently, I have the R/t installed. Blah blah, yea better then semi-auto. But it's not satisfying me. Just for the fact that I can never seem to find that certain "sweet spot" to rattle the trigger. So, I am deciding on just ridding myself of my frustrations, and a few hundred dollars  To just have the E-grip installed. Jesus I wish I would have shopped around before just throwing sht into my gun that I didn't know anything about. But, if someone could help me in this decision by helping me find the pros and cons of each, it would be great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic