Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Silencer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NJnets5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJnets5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silencer
    Posted: 08 June 2006 at 7:28pm
Is there anything that i can get to silence my gun? link?
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 7:29pm
Not really...

Silencers are illegal unless you get one through the ATF.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 7:30pm

Silencers are illegal.

Tippmann's are loud. Deal with it. You will never surpress them enough to matter anyways.

INBL
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 7:30pm
ya, there illiegal...

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 7:36pm

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Silencers are illegal.

Tippmann's are loud. Deal with it. You will never surpress them enough to matter anyways.

INBL

That is all.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
NJnets5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJnets5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 8:01pm

y r they illegal?  Im not planning on getting one...i was just wondering

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 8:12pm
Because they can be modified for use on firearms.
FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 8:13pm
The true way to silence your gun without breaking the law or shelling out
$200 for a licence is to get a lpk.
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 8:20pm
Get some kinda round tube and get some insalation like stuff in there (densely packed pillow cushion? ) stuff like that or get a bigger peice of pipe over your barrel thats what i do on my potato gun.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 8:21pm
Ghost-Rider,

Discussion into how to make Silencers is not permitted on this Forum.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 8:33pm
And the pitch.......Striiiiiike.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 9:04pm

IIIIIIII   BBBBBB       LL
   II      BB      BB    LL
   II      BB      BB    LL
   II      BBBBBB       LL
   II      BB      BB    LL
   II      BB      BB    LL
IIIIIIII   BBBBBB       LLLLLLLLL

Edited by DeTrevni - 08 June 2006 at 9:07pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 10:20pm
hey isint just having silencer parts illegal? Im gona Narc on       Ghost-Rider. if we turn him in we get free baseball tickets
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

hey isint just having silencer parts illegal?

No, because if that was true we'd all be in jail.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 12:01am
supose so just something i heard.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 12:07am
Before they get locked, every silencer plan I've ever read just uses household products.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 3:56am
The neat thing about Tippmann's is that with the right barrel and a few additional parts you can legally tune them to fire fairly quietly. Not like anything that you see in some video games of course, but still, they can be set up to where firing them doesn't automatically attract a lot of attention in the woods.

Start with a quiet barrel. I've found 12 inch or longer J&Js to be quieter than most other barrels. I also have heard that carbon fiber barrels tend to be quieter than metal barrels, but have never tested this myself. I know from experience that the End Game barrels are very quiet from the target's perspective.

One final note on barrels is that in general, longer barrels tend to be quieter than shorter barrels. This is because the report that results when the marker is fired is just excess gas expanding as it leaves the barrel. (One of the reasons why most porting will quiet a barrel.)

Either way, I recommend testing barrels on your marker if you can to find out which one is the quietest.

There are modifications you can make to Tippmanns get rid of this excess gas and quiet the marker*.  The goal of all these modifications is to use just enough propellent to get the projectiles to exit the barrel at your desired velocity without releasing any excess which creates loud noises that scream "hey, I'm over here, come shoot me" to your opponents. Obviously, these suggestions will all be more effective with compressed air than with CO2 due to the better consistency of compressed air.

Use the stock Tippmann velocity adjuster to set the marker for it's maximum velocity (to ensure unimpeded air release), then adjust the velocity down by mopdifying how much air is released through one of the following methods.
  • Use a weaker spring from an aftermarket kit
  • Install a rear velocity adjuster
These methods work because the stock velocity adjuster does not affect how much gas is released with each shot, it merely controls how fast the gas is released by constricting the air passage inside the valve. You could probably get the same results with a regulator, but it would be more expensive.

With a little creativity, you would be surprised how quiet a model 98 can be**.

*If you have personal problems with loud excess gas, these modifications will not help you. I suggest changing your diet.

**Without having to do anything that causes you to end up in prison with some big hairy guy telling you how cute you are.

D3ADEYES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3ADEYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:37pm
silencers per say aren't illegal if you have made the design yourself and summitted the plans to the ATF and make them for paintball markers only and aquire the proper licence for it and ..... you get the point they just want it to be so hard to get what you need to do it that it becomes more of a pain to do then it's worth the ATF website has a good page about it and i would suggest that anyone involved in paintball go and read it . it's definatly worth reading
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:43pm
Cover your ears. Then there is silence.
NJnets5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJnets5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:59pm
y would u reply to something that was started over a week ago?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic