Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

E-Grip uncontrollable firing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Erebus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E-Grip uncontrollable firing
    Posted: 06 June 2006 at 1:22pm
I've had my e-grip for my A-5 for a little under a month i've only used it about 5 times but the past couple of times it hasnt been working right. If i put it on turbo or anything other than semi auto once i start firing quickly it starts shooting on its own and wont stop unless i unscrew the c02 or pull in and hold the trigger. If i shoot to fast on semi-auto it occasionally will do the same thing i've taken it apart and checked my o-rings im not sure if i missed something but i cant fix the problem. When i shoot i'm not sure if its supposed to do this or not a little c02 comes out around the grip frame and under the trigger i think this is whats causing the problem but i cant seem to fix it. plz help

Edited by Erebus - 06 June 2006 at 1:23pm
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 2:03pm

Originally posted by Erebus Erebus wrote:

I've had my e-grip for my A-5 for a little under a month i've only used it about 5 times but the past couple of times it hasnt been working right. If i put it on turbo or anything other than semi auto once i start firing quickly it starts shooting on its own and wont stop unless i unscrew the c02 or pull in and hold the trigger. If i shoot to fast on semi-auto it occasionally will do the same thing i've taken it apart and checked my o-rings im not sure if i missed something but i cant fix the problem. When i shoot i'm not sure if its supposed to do this or not a little c02 comes out around the grip frame and under the trigger i think this is whats causing the problem but i cant seem to fix it. plz help

Blow back CO2 is what cocks the hammer. CO2 blows everywhere, just at high rates of fire you begin to notice the frosty vapor coming out all those other places.

Place a few drops of oil in the ASA and dry fire with the barrel off to work oil through the marker. This will oil the hammer (rear bolt) "O" ring...making it seal well enough so that the gas escaping to the rear actually can blow the hammer back far enough for the sear to engage.

Erebus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 6:44pm

i tried that but the problem is  still there any other suggestions?

Or should i let the oil sit in the marker for a little longer? i dry fired it and then checked it about 30 minutes later.

r0n0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r0n0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 10:25pm

do you have a double trigger? I had this problem with the e-grip.

Edited by r0n0 - 06 June 2006 at 10:26pm
Erebus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 3:34pm

no I have a single trigger i was going to order a double trigger but i cant until i fix the problem.

NeXuS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeXuS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 9:32pm

You could be getting liquid Co2 in the gun and freezing the egrip.  I would lower the rate of fire & get a remote line.  Or switch to HPA.

Are you running the egrip with or without the WAS board?

Erebus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 10:30pm
With WAS board i believe your right because after shooting it i took the grip apart and there was liquid co2 in the grip.
Do you think getting an expansion chamber could help solve the problem or would it be best to just convert to HPA?

Edited by Erebus - 07 June 2006 at 10:35pm
cardboardninja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardboardninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 9:56am

Getting an expansion chamber is a cheaper alternative, but in the long run I would go for HPA if you can afford it.

C3 serial 001358
A-5 Stealth(flatline, stock, remote}
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 11:00am
You may  have a trigger problem . Fire the marker at a high rate with Co2 and no paint balls and observe the green led in the grip , when the marker "takes-off" see whether or not the LED blinks rapidly . Every bink is an activation of the micro-switch, if it does increase you have a problem with the trigger activating the micro -switch or the switch itself. Your debounce may be set to low or maybe the micro-switch activator arm is mis-aligned, bent?
Erebus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 2:19pm
I checked the debounce and it was set on twenty i kept takin it up but the marker is still firing. I'm going to check on the switch arm tonight when i get a chance. If i cant fix it i think im just going to have to take it to the shop in town. Thanks for the help guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic