Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This had better not pass

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Savage93fvss View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 February 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 677
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage93fvss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 10:42pm
Me? In the same class as linus.........I think I'd rather bang rosie O donnel than be anywhere near even thought about concidered to be anywhere close to linus..
Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:02pm
Homophia is for n00bs
Back to Top
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:11pm
Gone for a little while and look at all the crap I have to deal with...

What, I cant be against **edited** marriage becuase it's my choice to be?

I'm against communism becuase it's my choice too.. oh noez, call me discrimintory for that too!

I'm against slavery, oh noez, I discriminate against slave owners!

I'm allowed to think what I want on this issue, just as you are.

Originally posted by Choopie Choopie wrote:

I know you "know" a **edited** guy from work, but have you ever actually talked to him/ got to know him?


I'm going to hope you didnt mean to sound as dumb as you did.

Kind of hard to work with a guy every day and not talk to him, isnt it? Mkay then.



Now the fun part.. Brihard.


Brihard, WRONG. Just because some test came to the "conclusion" that they are born like that doesnt make it so.

Many psychologist / psychiatrist / neurologist say ADD is real, while many say it's fake.

Many world renowned scientist say global warming isnt natural and we should take action, while many others say it's the natural cycle of the earth.



"Proof" pointing to both sides of the arguement.

Many educated people believe, and have "proof", that homosexuality is a born thing, yes. But just as many believe, and have "proof", that it's a choice.

"Proof" for natural--- Can smell the hormones and are turned on by them.

Counter-point--- They attract themselves to people that dont even have to be in the same local area... look at a picture and get turned on. Pretty damn sure their hormones arent passing through the computer.   Dont have smell-o-vision in mass production quite yet.


"Proof" for natural--- Animals do it...

Counter-point--- Then whats to say it isnt a mental disability? Like psychosis or schitzophrenia? Then it isnt natural, but a mutation of a gene.

(The next one isnt mutually connected to the proceeding one)

"Proof"--- It's in the genes.

Counter-point--- Nurtured in a specific way that made them **edited**, hence making it a choice, NOT in-born.



"Proof" that it's a choice---- Many women report going homosexual after being raped or experiencing sexual abuse from males, or even just getting tired of guys in general.

Yup.. it's natural.. thats why then were attracted to guys for a long time, then poof, nature kicked in and made them **edited**.

Edited by Linus - 06 June 2006 at 11:12pm

Back to Top
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Joined: 06 July 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Status: Offline
Points: 10299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:15pm
While you are here, what have homosexuals done to hurt you so badly that they shouldn't be allowed to live life as a normal heterosexual couple would?

And you seem to just be arguing against our points, and not for yours. Why shouldn't they be allowed to marry?


Edited by Gatyr - 06 June 2006 at 11:16pm
Back to Top
White o Light View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested. blatant pornographic post

Joined: 12 June 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2772
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White o Light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

While you are here, what have homosexuals done to hurt you so badly that they shouldn't be allowed to live life as a normal heterosexual couple would?


duh.
Back to Top
PbMuz98 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 224
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PbMuz98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:18pm

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

While you are here, what have homosexuals done to hurt you so badly that they shouldn't be allowed to live life as a normal heterosexual couple would?

And you seem to just be arguing against our points, and not for yours. Why shouldn't they be allowed to marry?

oh snap!

98c
drop
j&j ceramic 12"
derder sticker on hopper= +2bps
Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:21pm
linus isn't making any forward progress. he's just resorted to slinging insults around and repeating the same crap over and over. we get it, the people are **edited** for whatever reason. point is why should they not be allowed marriage?
Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:22pm
Nice dodging my question. You've obviously never talked to him outside of work, or as a friend. If you had 1 real friend that was homosexual, and still had such a problem with it...you'd have to be...well, you...
Back to Top
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Joined: 05 September 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 10156
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:25pm
I'll take your last point first- the instance of women being raped and turning homosexual is grossly anomalous, and is a neurotic or psychotic condition. We're talking strict biology here.

You quote "conclusion" as if the scientific method is not worth considering. The biochemical effects of sex hormones on foetuses is hard science, clinically proven. Too much exposure to a sex hormone will skew the careful baalcne that regulates neural and physical development. An XY chromosome male genotype may develop a female phenotype as a result of excessive exposre to estrogen in the womb. The converse is true. There is an entire tribe of people in which a certian hormone balance runs genetically througha  portion of the population- many children are born as girls, then around age 11 suddenly develop over the course of mere montsh complete male reproductive organs, and assume all male physical traits. Transvestitism has been heavily researched and linked to hormone imbalances as well.

Homosexuality is due to a conflict between hormones present in prenatal development, and the hormones that one's own body later produces. Genetic males may be completely female physically, despite having an XY chromosome.

Homosexuality generally occurs when a person grows up in a body that is one genotype when they brain is producing hormones at levels appropriate for the opposite sex, or the brain itself may be developed as the opposite sex.

You claim that there is 'proof' that it is a choice, when in the vast majority of situations, it is not. Certainly some women choose to be lesbians, but that is free will as opposed to biological determinism.

You can try to spready ambiguity or anomalous scenarios, however that changes nothing- yalling WRONG repeatedly does not make it so. You are merely trying (and failing) to rationalize an unreasonable prejudice you are not willing to admit you hold. I don't even see the point of that idiotic comment about seeing a picture on a computer- visual stimuli has long been proven to have sexual arousal effects.

You cannot use indecisions or failings of science on one point to condemn another. That's fallacious, and frankly I'm surprised you think me dumb enough to buy that kind of tactic.

Fundanmentally, homosexuals are humans, and thus are entitled to human rights, which include freedom of self determination, and freedom to enter contract if adult and metnally sound. To argue that because of a hormone or chemical imbalance that they should be held as second class citizens is thoroughly disgusting. It is EXACTLY the same as arguing the same discrimination for blacks, or aryans, or people suffering from dwarfism, or people whoa re unusually good runners. Different genetic or hormonal expressions that have no bearing whatsoever on the fact that they are nonetheless a person equal in all ways to you or I, and ENTITLED to the same right- for rights are not a privilege, they are an entitlement. The state that begins to view rights as a privilege is called a tyrrany.

You can be against homosexual marraige becuase you choose to be, but you cannot claim that you can justify it or ratioanlize it by any moral standards notdependent on a religious blind faith. Morality must have some tangible foundation in the good and harm that it does people, and your views cannot in any way be justified. You simply hold them for whatever ignorant reason you do.


Edited by brihard - 06 June 2006 at 11:26pm
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Back to Top
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Joined: 06 July 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Status: Offline
Points: 10299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

You can be against homosexual marraige becuase you choose to be, but you cannot claim that you can justify it or ratioanlize it by any moral standards notdependent on a religious blind faith. Morality must have some tangible foundation in the good and harm that it does people, and your views cannot in any way be justified. You simply hold them for whatever ignorant reason you do.


If you get nothing else from that post, and this is to anyone that happens to be so closed minded to think that they should not be able to marry, just read and understand this.
Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:39pm
Does anyone else find it strange the only people following Jesus around were dudes? And why werent there any ladies at the last supper? Didnt any of them have wives? Isnt is strange for 13 men not to have any wives? Hmmmm... Maybe someone editted the reasoning out of the bible to better push their agenda.
Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:41pm
hades, yeah and some of their followers touch little altar boys...
Back to Top
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Joined: 14 January 2004
Location: Halifax, NS
Status: Offline
Points: 5123
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:43pm
I only believe in Science when it proves points I agree with.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Back to Top
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Joined: 30 July 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6120
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:45pm

Linus did not make a single point.

Look and read it, its amazing, it is a post of nothing but syntax.

"Well I cannot prove point A, but some people cannot prove point B!!"

 

Linus.

Explain, in one sentance, a GOOD REASON why homosexual marriage should be banned.



Edited by Tae Kwon Do - 06 June 2006 at 11:47pm

Back to Top
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Original Forum Gangster

Joined: 11 June 2002
Location: Isle Of Man
Status: Offline
Points: 10743
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Dont use the "if you were in their shoes" arguement... doesnt mean anything.

If you were in MINE you'd think MY way, correct? See.. logic is flawed.


As for Mbro...I revert you to my original post...

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

SO.. if someone wants to marry their sisters (Boss >_>) they should be allowed to?

If someone wants polygymy, they should be allowed to?

If someone wants to marry their dog, they should be allowed to?


Sorry.. make concessions for one and you have to for ALL.

Talk about discrimination...



I mean... you condone the guy getting married to his dog?

If not, why not? Solely because of the sex?

What about marrying his sister?
I do "if you were in their shoes", you do "slippery slope"

And now on to your points

Sister: Illegal do to public health reasons.

Dog: Illegal because dogs cannot sign a contract.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Back to Top
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Joined: 28 February 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8087
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 12:25am
why do people care who marries who....  it's not their <poopy> life

Edited by Rambino - 07 June 2006 at 2:04pm
X
Back to Top
Justin98 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
^^^ Has an elf in his pants ^^^

Joined: 05 July 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1460
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 3:19am
i think everyone needs to chill out. this is an internet forum that isn't going to mean squat.

i'm against **edited** marriage, the vast majority of you liberals are not. fine. but what all you weeners are getting so hot and heated about w/ Linus not answering is a bogus question to begin with.

"good answer" is a relative term. my good reason for not agreeing for **edited** marriage is good enough for me and many others. Linus disagrees for whatever reason he wants...its his to decide, relative to his life.

I don't want to hear "zomg it scares me how close minded you conservatives can be." shut up. its reality. it scares me how far this country has moved away from its roots. stop being liberal sissy's.
Back to Top
newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Joined: 14 May 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 1874
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 4:52am
Originally posted by newport newport wrote:

Linus, respond to what I asked you.


Originally posted by newport newport wrote:

Linus, why are atheists allowed to get married?



Back to Top
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Joined: 14 January 2006
Location: Uncertain
Status: Offline
Points: 5286
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 4:58am
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

why do people care who marries who....  it's not their **edited**ing life
because **edited** people are wierd...
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl


Forum Vice President
Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 5:02am
Originally posted by Justin98 Justin98 wrote:


I don't want to hear "zomg it scares me how close minded you conservatives can be." shut up. its reality. it scares me how far this country has moved away from its roots. stop being liberal sissy's.

uhhh.. i AM conservative. and it really is quite scary how closed minded fellow conservatives are.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.156 seconds.