FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This had better not pass

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 8:39pm
Making **edited** marriage illegal means that it is making it illegal for two people to enter into contract with each other based soley on their sex. It makes no sense to me and I have yet to hear one good argument against it.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 8:42pm
Linus,

Why should straight people be allowed to marry? That's right, because you're straight.

Try putting yourself in their position. If you were **edited** (God forbid), you would want to be able to.

And I don't see a lot of people wanting to marry their sisters or dog.

Edited by Bango - 06 June 2006 at 8:42pm
newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 8:43pm
Lets be practical here people; What America REALLY needs is more lowered trucks and vacuous placement of eastern religious symbols. Bonus points if they're animated. 

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 8:50pm
Dont use the "if you were in their shoes" arguement... doesnt mean anything.

If you were in MINE you'd think MY way, correct? See.. logic is flawed.

As for Mbro...I revert you to my original post...

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

SO.. if someone wants to marry their sisters (Boss >_>) they should be allowed to?

If someone wants polygymy, they should be allowed to?

If someone wants to marry their dog, they should be allowed to?

Sorry.. make concessions for one and you have to for ALL.

Talk about discrimination...

I mean... you condone the guy getting married to his dog?

If not, why not? Solely because of the sex?

What about marrying his sister?

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 8:53pm
NEWPORT FOR THE WIN!

Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 8:57pm
I along with 80% of my state want it to pass.
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 8:57pm
Alright, well then please give me one example of how **edited** marriage affects you. Just one.

Seriously, who cares if they marry. It's not like everytime a **edited** couple gets married, you have a heart attack.

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:00pm
Every time a **edited** couple gets married, an angel gets its wings Bango.  Linus worships the devil, and wont allow this to happen.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:03pm
Bango, answer me this.. would you be ok with

A) Man marrying his sister.

and / or

B) Man marrying his dog.

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:04pm
Here is why people don't want homosexuals to get married:

"They don't make good parents"
"It's against god"
"It threatens my sexuality"

Good reasons, no?

Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:07pm

Bango, answer me this.. would you be ok with

A) Man marrying his sister. If they loved each other...doesn't affect me.

and / or

B) Man marrying his dog.Haha I'm sure no one would do that, but if they did, doesn't affect me.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:09pm
3 countries have it legalized.. 3. Out of over 200+.

We arent the only ones against it.

GO to Canada and get married if youw ant to say youre married. It wont count for beans here.. but if all you want it marriage.. visit them and get married. Then come back.

Edited by Linus - 06 June 2006 at 9:10pm

Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:12pm
What do you have against **edited** people that makes you not want them to be able to marry?
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:15pm
linus,

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

NEWPORT FOR THE WIN!
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

What do you have against **edited** people that makes you not want them to be able to marry?

I have nothing against them. We even have one employed by us. Very nice guy.. cool too.

My firm belief is that it's a decision, and it's a wrong one.

If, for the very slight possibility that they are born with it, then dont act upon the 'urges'.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:21pm

I have nothing against them. We even have one employed by us. Very nice guy.. cool too.

If, for the very slight possibility that they are born with it, then dont act upon the 'urges'.

Haha, so you want someone to live their whole life in an uncomfortable, unfulfilling lie? Sounds much better.

I cant beleive people with the mindset like you. "Theyre homosexual, and they're wrong, they need to change"
PbMuz98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PbMuz98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:21pm
even though i'm catholic i still think it's BS that the government wants to ban **edited** marriage. other than religion, i haven't heard one decent argument against it. seriously, if the state really is seperate from the church there should be no reason to ban **edited** marriage.
98c
drop
j&j ceramic 12"
derder sticker on hopper= +2bps
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:23pm

Wow. A wrong decision. Then, to top it off, you say don't act upon the urges? You're unbelievable. Do you realize what your asking them to do? I shouldn't even have to explain this to you, but that's like me telling you to stop having heterosexual urges. If that's how they feel, who are you to tell them to ignore their urges?

I'ts good that you're not homophobic though, I was kind of expecting you to be.

Edited by Bango - 06 June 2006 at 9:24pm
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Haha, so you want someone to live their whole life in an uncomfortable, unfulfilling lie? Sounds much better.

I cant beleive people with the mindset like you. "Theyre homosexual, and they're wrong, they need to change"

And I cant believe people with a mindset like you, oblivious to the great possibility that it's a decision!

Edited by Linus - 06 June 2006 at 9:25pm

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:27pm
Linus, God doesnt like when you judge others.  Have fun in hell.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic