FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This had better not pass

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 4:03pm
Choopie.. dont get aggressive.

Look at Pavlov's dog. (No.. his dog didnt have hands.. it's an example for people that actually know anything about psychology)

You can EASILY train a kid from birth to use their left hand and make them not use the right so they aren't ambidextrous.

No real reason to do it, but it an be done.

Edited by Linus - 08 June 2006 at 4:03pm

cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 4:00pm

/me skips past 6 1/2 pages

leave it to the states. i hate that my party is promoting big government, the same goes for that terry shivo (SP?) crap. the government needs to let the states regulate things like this, if some one lives in a state that allows **edited** marriage, and moves to a state that doesn't then their marriage is voided in that state.

no left handed people cracks, left handed people > no handed people

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Since when is left handedness a learned trait???

Think about paintball for a minute.

If you want ANY chance of doing well in the speedball field, according to pros you need to be able to shoot almost as well, if not just as well, with your off hand as you do your normal hand.

But a lot of people dont have that ability naturally... they have to learn it.

That's ambidextrous you moron. Truely left handed isnt a learned trait.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 3:55pm
Hmm, weird, the wiki on it doesnt say anything about "learning" to become left handed as a source. Does talk about genetics and random occurance alot though. But jeez, what do all those studies know, you're smarter than science right linus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-handed#Causes_of_left-hand edness

And yeah, even if both parents are left handed, doesnt meant the kid will be either. Where have I heard something similar to that.....this thread...maybe?...
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Think about paintball for a minute.

If you want ANY chance of doing well in the speedball field, according to pros you need to be able to shoot almost as well, if not just as well, with your off hand as you do your normal hand.

But a lot of people dont have that ability naturally... they have to learn it.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 3:49pm
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 3:43pm
>_>

<_<

This arguement will go absolutly no where. All the opinions have been put out, and all the points and counter points have been put out.

**edited** marriage is one of those topics where it is almost an impossibility to change someones mind on it.

This thread needs to die from repetitiveness.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 3:40pm

So as a left-handed lesbian I must be totally screwed.

(metaphorically speaking only, of course)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Now tell me.. what do you call it when the brain doesnt work in the normal way? When the body doesnt work in a normal way?

Unusual.

Like left-handed people.

No, left handedness is a disease, a mental illness. They shouldnt be allowed to reproduce either.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 3:37pm
Left handedness is a learned tendency.

If a kid starts to use his left hand, you can teach them to use their right.

If you want a kid to use their left hand, you can teach them from birth.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 3:34pm

Now tell me.. what do you call it when the brain doesnt work in the normal way?

When the body doesnt work in a normal way?

Unusual.

Like left-handed people.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by United Nations Universal Decalration of Human Rights United Nations Universal Decalration of Human Rights wrote:

<H4>Article 16.</H4>

(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.

Ok, there is a right, but it doesnt pertain to homosexuals...

It says without limitation to race, nationality, or religion.

NO WHERE does it say sexual preference.

Since sexual preference isn't listed, it's up to the individual countries to define the rest of the specifications of marriage as long as it doesnt include race, nationality or religion.

THAT is why 4 countries allow marriage, while every single other one does NOT.

It's up to the discretion of each and every soverign nation.

And you guys keep forgetting where I said "for lack of a better word"

Now tell me.. what do you call it when the brain doesnt work in the normal way?

When the body doesnt work in a normal way?

Edited by Linus - 08 June 2006 at 3:29pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 1:56pm

That's not quite accurate.

Issues of justice aside, banning **edited** marriage pretty clearly and directly harms **edited** people.

Allowing **edited** marriage directly harms nobody.

Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 1:40pm

Dazed... didnt answer my question.

What harm does it do to you if they can't be married?

Yes, yes I did. Both times even. You really should read a post completely before replying to it.

I specifically said, IN BOTH POSTS IN QUESTION, that banning **edited** marriages didn't harm anyone, but neither did allowing them, and posed a question based on that response.

You, however, are ignoring what I'm saying, as well as the question I posed to you both times.
newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 12:52am
Truth. It could easily get you into my school too. All I'm sayin' is, for a mental illness it certainly doesn't inhibit, y'know, intelligence. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 12:10am
No, but it can get you into Berkeley.
ridesnowbrdr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridesnowbrdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 11:45pm
being **edited** gets you into stanford?
newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 11:17pm
One of my very best friends goes to Stanford and happens to be **edited**. What an amazing mental illness.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 10:37pm

Choopie.

Here, read this please.

Originally posted by Article Article wrote:

Some psychologists attribute mental illness to organic/neurochemical causes that can be treated with psychiatric medication, psychotherapy, lifestyle adjustments and other supportive measures; however, many of the causes of mental illness are still unknown. The battle between "nature" and "nurture" goes on as it has for years. Neuroscience and genetics are still unable to fully explain the effects of genetic inheritance and developmental environment.

If it isnt natural, ie, more then 50% have it, then it's a disability, or a mutant gene.

Schizophrenia is a mental illness, and you wont argue that. But you will argue that homosexuality is neither a mental illness, nor a choice.

So what is it?

Some of them attribute that. SOME. Not all. And you dont "have" homesexuality. You are a homosexual, or you arent. And if less than 50% of a population do something, its a disease to you? So, people who are talented musicians have a disease? Those who are amazing painters have a disease? They have something "different" about them that is less than 50% of the population. I know it's a rediculous example, but it's using your reasoning...
ridesnowbrdr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridesnowbrdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 10:33pm

Originally posted by Savage93fvss Savage93fvss wrote:

Ha, he knows more about your 'merica than you do, and he's a Canuck.

haha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic