Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i want to be a sniper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Jmann4567 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmann4567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 11:29pm
I agree this is the 1st "sniper" argument that hasn't just been childish. Both sides had respectable arguments and it was nice to read through this.
98c
Smart Parts Teardrop
Ricochet Rhino hopper
deadOn double trigger
Pen spring mod
Custom paintjob
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16221294395.jpg&s=f5

Sc0uter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sc0uter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 11:44pm
I just love the fact that so much information is getting passed back and forth. This morning, I knew nothing about the contrasted difference between game and war. But, I am enjoying learning it all. Seems it would take some hardcore knowledge to dish out something respectable here. Maybe after my service, I will be able to spit out something too.
RED_B@ng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED_B@ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 2:05am

what i mean by droping balls is let me give u an example say some ones hiding i a ditch. u shoot the gun and it gets far enough to where it starts to drop if u angle ur gun right it will drop and nail them

warren motor sports all sponsors welcome
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 8:48am
Apex barrel then.
Cammo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 8:54am
Originally posted by RED_B@ng RED_B@ng wrote:

what i mean by droping balls is let me give u an example say some ones hiding i a ditch. u shoot the gun and it gets far enough to where it starts to drop if u angle ur gun right it will drop and nail them

if you turn the flatline upside down it will do this

Tippmann A-5
Palmer Male
Vertical Adapter
D.O.P. Drop Forward
Lapco Big Shot 14"
No Trigger Spring
E-grip

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 8:59am
Ok, can we let this thread die now?
sleeperone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeperone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 9:38pm

I get a call on my secure line.

I am picked up, equipt and driven to the awaiting aircraft for a HaLo (High Altitude Low Opening) insertion, usually at night. I choose my forward Observation point and fall back location. I wait about six hours for the Field Ref to sound the horn. I wait for my target, reach out and touch him/her. Fall back to my secondary location . Wait for the days proceedings to end, call in my bird to the agreed upon extraction point and carve another notch on my Tapco folding stock on the ride home. I wake up the next morning and I'm 2.7 cents down from this same time two days ago. I could be dropped on your field some day and you might get blasted by that stray shot or you could chalk it up as a long ball but chances are quite good that it was.......... "The Ghost Sniper".

Did I mention my therapist thinks I'm delusional.

Aim once.....
Shoot Often!!
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 10:08pm
whether snipers exsist really depends on your definition of a sniper.  i've been called a sniper before because i can shoot my phantom accurately.  i however, do not particularly like the term sniper.  i want people to tell other people "Shelby is a good shot"  and not "Shelby is a good sniper".  But then if you think about it, the guys in ghillie suits.  They play a little bit differently then the guys in regular cammo.  They don't need to shoot as much, becuase they stay conceiled better.  i'm not saying they exist or don't exist...  but i'm just stating my veiws on the subject...  people in ghillie exist...

Edited by Styro Folme - 15 June 2006 at 10:13pm
X
UV Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UV Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:41pm
Styro- True enough!
There are even plenty of folks who know how to use a ghillie, and plenty who don't.  A letter to APG was from a player complaining about how they saw a dude running all over the place in a ghillie, and when the players asked the ghillie dude why he was running around he replied with "it gets more bounces"... 

I think about it in terms of how the majority of English language dictionaries define a sniper.  But, so many people think that if you're a paintball sniper that you must fit the description of the higher standard attributable to military personnel.  However, before you even get the basic english definition applied to you as a label, you need to spend most of your game time doing it.  Which frankly, I think playing in only one particular style is unecessarily restricting yourself.

M98C- W/QwkStrpCut
Comp Air & Palmer Fatty Stab
Gas-Thru Stock
Lapco Sight Rail W/ADCO 30MM EDOT
Qloader W/ CMS
Freak SS W/Stif-Tip * Flatline * Armson Stealth
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:54pm
My homemade ghillie pwns j00 f00ls.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 3:14am

Originally posted by UV Halo UV Halo wrote:

Styro- True enough!
There are even plenty of folks who know how to use a ghillie, and plenty who don't.  A letter to APG was from a player complaining about how they saw a dude running all over the place in a ghillie, and when the players asked the ghillie dude why he was running around he replied with "it gets more bounces"... 

I think about it in terms of how the majority of English language dictionaries define a sniper.  But, so many people think that if you're a paintball sniper that you must fit the description of the higher standard attributable to military personnel.  However, before you even get the basic english definition applied to you as a label, you need to spend most of your game time doing it.  Which frankly, I think playing in only one particular style is unecessarily restricting yourself.

tru dat, but to tell you the truth, i don't understand why anyone would want to be a sniper, paintball or real life.  You have to crawl around, sleep in weird places, don't bathe, pretend to be a bush, and only get to fire 1 bullet.  i prefer the running, jumping, and "markers blazing" thrills.  Even though i'm a stock class kind of guy, i still like to run and make rushes...  but that doesn't mean i don't make ambushes either... i just don't stay in 1 spot if noone is shooting at me.  ahwell, everyone has their coffee... 

X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic