Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

velocity too high on 98c

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BigRob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: velocity too high on 98c
    Posted: 04 June 2006 at 9:05pm

ive got a 98c and ive had an issue with the velocity being too high.  i tried moving the set screw both all teh way in and even out comepletely so that gas escapes from the hole.  the lowest i can get is 320 fps.  has anyone else had this problem?  my gun specs are in my sig...

98 Custom - CP 12" barrel - Delrin Starfire bolt - Double Trig. - Drop Forward - Rocket Cock II - FieldStrip Thumbscrew Kit - Red Dot Elec. Pistol Scope - Butt Plate & combat strap w/ rear swivel
Stang909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stang909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 10:21pm
I would suggest putting on a BT Model 98 Spring kit from Actionvillage.com it is only $8.50 and comes with five drive springs, a stock, ultra low, low, ultra high, and high. put the low or ultralow on and it should be under 300
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 11:41am
Originally posted by BigRob BigRob wrote:

ive got a 98c and ive had an issue with the velocity being too high.  i tried moving the set screw both all teh way in and even out comepletely so that gas escapes from the hole.  the lowest i can get is 320 fps.  has anyone else had this problem?  my gun specs are in my sig...

A spring kit is a good idea, BUT the simple fix, at least if it were my marker, would be to cut one coil off the spring. Check it with a chronograph, then continue to adjust with removal of one coil at a time as necessary.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 11:50am
Look into a rear velocity adjuster (RVA)

It adjusts your velocity by adjusting the spring tension, not blocking part of the valve. Not only can you adjust the velocity, you should save some gas too. With a lower velocity, your bolt will be hitting the valve with less force, releasing less air.

RVA...check it out, they're only like, $10-$20
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic