FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PBC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

I think this thread is a pretty good showing of why most people look at PBC in a negative way.

YWSM, why?

Its not hard to see whose controlling the strings to the mod marinette. I've been in there before when you do it. You'll start ribbing someone, post a link to the thread to get others involved, and then get the mods help so you dont get in trouble for it. Then when a mod that actually does his job comes around and sees whats giong on and tried to correct it, you play the mod marinette again to make things your way again.

A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 4:39pm
OMHW.

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 4:43pm
i do believe cedric called this one.

ywsm, i feel you have it wrong. you see, i broke the rules by flaming today. i didn't ask any mod interference in the situation, and i was also awarded a strike for my deeds... so who controls what now? or is it just you do not like people having friends who are mods?
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 4:48pm
Just by the sheer number of rules broken in here.. there should have been more then 1 guestings.

Like YWSM says, you get one mod on your side, and the rest are scared to do their job.

When a mod (or mods, since I know 2 of them personally) try and do their job correctly, you (not directed toward anyone) get mad and flame the mod, and try and get your 'buddy' mod involved to 'put' the other mod 'in their place'.

It's quite obviouse to everyone.

PBalla2242 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBalla2242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by ZestyBeast ZestyBeast wrote:

Originally posted by PBalla2242 PBalla2242 wrote:

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Zesty..Give it up. You are going to lose, gracefully bow out and salvage what little respect we have left left for you.
i never had respect for this loser. the guy just sweats in front of his monitor typing out 500 word essays for posts with incoherent arguements and unsupported 'facts'. the guy has to get a clue and find better ways to waste his time rather than get little giggles over annoying some of the more sensitive/touchy forumers.
wiat a minute, are you the guy that comnpared the Altima SER to the 350z? Did you hear about the Altima SER mass recall? That sucks.

How much did you pay for your car, BTW? You never got around to answering that one.

compared to about 80% of production cars, a single recall (some minimal check on rear susp) is actually very good (the truth is, no cars are perfect). go ahead, type in any car you want into google with word "recall" after it and maybe you'll be exposed to how the automotive industry is. btw, the "mass" recall only affect about 800 se-r's, not including mine although ibrought it just in case.   

try to hide your jealousy a little more. seriously, carrying on about a car i got is a little weird and pathetic.

again, the Z comment was a mag quote that a put in. get over it, i already backed it up with considerable similarities to showyou, but i guess you conveniently forgot.

finaces for the car? really none of your business and its strange why you hang onto that too...to be completely honest, the money is not too much of a worry anyway.

have a good one zestyBEAST (maybe you'll last longer on your new, cool name)

Edited by PBalla2242 - 06 June 2006 at 10:11am

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 4:54pm
linus, this whole thing isn't gonna work. just start naming people. it makes matters much clearer.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 4:58pm
I think most of you get it, but are mad about it. PBC runs the forum. There's no way around it. We don't needs Mods on our side, but it really does help in sticky situations.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:02pm
especially the active mods..
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

linus, this whole thing isn't gonna work. just start naming people. it makes matters much clearer.

Trust me, the "you" I have in mind know who they are, and if they don't, well... then they are being naiive.

A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:07pm
Why don't I like chat?

I've been in there 3-4 times, and see no reason to justify going back.

You guys are unwelcoming when you ask people to come in. "Hey come to chat" and you post the server and everything and you even help people getting in. IT makes no sense because then you are all jerks to anyone that comes in. If you are trying to gain membership you should probably be a bit nicer so people want to stick around.

I don't go to chat because I don't think anyone really likes me or has wanted to get to know me. So even if I try and carry on a genuine conversation about interests, it is met with vulgarity and sarcasim.

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:13pm

Chat was funny when I used to visit.  The DJ night and blahwars or whatever it was called was fun too.

Just a bunch of bored people trying to have some fun

Sent from a phone booth
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by A-5 08 A-5 08 wrote:

Why don't I like chat?

You guys are unwelcoming when you ask people to come in. "Hey come to chat" and you post the server and everything and you even help people getting in. IT makes no sense because then you are all jerks to anyone that comes in. If you are trying to gain membership you should probably be a bit nicer so people want to stick around.

I don't go to chat because I don't think anyone really likes me or has wanted to get to know me. So even if I try and carry on a genuine conversation about interests, it is met with vulgarity and sarcasim.

It is called "initiation". We all went through it when we first came to chat. The idea is to weed people who will not make good members out. I actually went through it twice, once back when we had java chat on paintballchat.net and again when I started posting again. As long as you don't get offended and cry in front of your keyboard because we told you to to type /quit Tom and then you quit yourself you would be fine. People that get mad over stupid stuff like that don't need to be in chat..
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Why don't I like chat?

It is called "initiation". We all went through it when we first came to chat. The idea is to weed people who will not make good members out. I actually went through it twice, once back when we had java chat on paintballchat.net and again when I started posting again. As long as you don't get offended and cry in front of your keyboard because we told you to to type /quit Tom and then you quit yourself you would be fine. People that get mad over stupid stuff like that don't need to be in chat..

Yeah but it just seems doltish. Why would you invite people in chat and then turn so many of them away. I am not saying that I wouldn't like chat, I just don't feel like getting treated like crap.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:40pm
Its called being exclusive, A5.  I say give it another shot, WHALE even helped you out with your deodorant problem, and if that isnt reason enough, I don't know what is.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:57pm
Well fine Ill chime in.

Im not on anybodies "side", no matter what some people like to imagine. I dont do special favors for people in chat, and everyone with half a brain knows that.

Its a big forum, and I have a life outside of it. I try to read through the forums every day to answer tech questions, help people out, and look for anything that needs modded. But if I dont read a 20 page thread that isnt even on topic halfway through where someone might have said something bad, Im not ignoring it for sake of friends. Its just that I dont see it.

Im sorry, but all this special treatment nonsense is just that. Nonsense. If you want me or other mods to be honest with you, be honest with yourself first. This kind of conspiracy theorizing just smacks of jealousy that some people can talk to a mod whenever they want (Even though anyone can, its called PM)

And this "initiation" crap. Ive always hated it. People thinking its cool to be jerks is most of the reason alot of the old time chat users dont bother much anymore.

RFU and me and Sebastian Black started Paintball Chat for EVERYONE. Not just Tippmann members. But this rampant idiocy and immaturity killed it. I dont even "own" chat anymore, and I dont care who does. RFU and I paid for the domains, we paid for the server, we built the website and the IRC network and NetRadio ourselves. I didnt see any of the PBC members helping with that.

I for one arent going to waste money out of my own pocket anymore for some kids to get their rocks off being eliteist.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 6:01pm
I think enos is one of the fairest mods that theres been in a while. He's not afraid to call someone, or anyone on their idiocy, and punish them accordingly. And I miss the old PBC site, it had some leet stuff
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 6:23pm

For some reason I'll never forget Enos' "I'm just not going for the high-end gun hype" topic on talk radio.  I used to sit with my wife and listen to the radio program =)  She even got a chuckle out of it.

This place has gone to crap I'm leaving........

Sent from a phone booth
TheSpookyKids87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Heh-heh heh-heh - You said "post"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSpookyKids87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 6:25pm
I went into PBC once or twice and didn't recieve any hazing and had a discussion with prod.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Just by the sheer number of rules broken in here.. there should have been more then 1 guestings.

Like YWSM says, you get one mod on your side, and the rest are scared to do their job.

When a mod (or mods, since I know 2 of them personally) try and do their job correctly, you (not directed toward anyone) get mad and flame the mod, and try and get your 'buddy' mod involved to 'put' the other mod 'in their place'.

It's quite obviouse to everyone.

I guess that is why Reb, Hway, And rambino have all given me strikes for various offences.

Yeah but it just seems doltish. Why would you invite people in chat and then turn so many of them away. I am not saying that I wouldn't like chat, I just don't feel like getting treated like crap.

Why invite them in? there is always the chance that someone cool hasn't made it in yet. Why puat them through what is aparently extremely harsh? We dont want someone who is easily offended in there, because we make rather mean jokes at times, and we dont need people crying about it.

Trust me, nearly everyone goes through it. I did, and cedric seemed like a donkey. As did HV....and Whale at times. But I stuck around and talked. Same with Snake, stealth, Sureshot, and various others in there now.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 10:19pm
I got it pretty bad.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic