FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reality check time, folks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 11:41am
LOL! As if ANYONE here has NOT violated the TOS at least a dozen tiems. 
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 11:46am
I don't think half of you know what the hell is going on.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

not in the slightest. but at least they feel better about not knowing...
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 12:45pm

More to the point, none of us should really care.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

killerhalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

i have to agree on that one
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

But if they should happen to care enough to comment, wouldn't it help if they did know?
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 12:55pm

I try to avoid taking anything you retards post on here too seriously. You never know when someone posts intoxicated.

Normally Brihard, I'd be with you on this. That was my gut reaction. But after thinking it over a bit, we really should give a crap about who we offend on here, since well, some people do take it seriously. I'm not saying that's right, it's just that over the course of my time on the forum, we've lost more than a few good members due to petty disagreements.

Unless you pay to use this forum, you have no right to use it for your own personal entertainment. If someone comes on here asking questions you deem retarded, there's no excuse to turn it into four pages of ripping on them just to entertain each other with your attemps at whit.

I mean seriously people, it seems like you just feed off one another too often when it comes to stuff like that and take things way farther than they need to go, or have gone in the past.

If someone dares to post a paintball topic in T&O and you've got beef with it, just ask a mod to move it to a more appropriate spot, if there is one.

I don't care how long you've been here, you do not have exclusive rights to decide what topics may be discussed here, so stop monopolizing all discussion here with ridicule.

Gang-raping some stupid kids thread for entertainment isn't a right you have on this forum. Not having your account jacked up isn't a right. You have no right to privacy on here.

Mods have a lot of discression here, that's the way it should be. Last time there was a huge uproar over mods using discretion over what language was appropriate, they lost there discretion. Now the filter won't even let you type the vice president's first name.

Just show some civility and we wont have problems.

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 1:01pm
I don't see how all of you claim to not care. I know for a fact that each and everyone of you care about what happens on this forum.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 1:08pm

I suppose everyone cares to an some extent, but I'm not going to lose any sleep at night over this place.

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

I suppose everyone cares to an some extent, but I'm not going to lose any sleep at night over this place.

Exactly.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 1:09pm
No Ced, I really don't. I've posted this stuff only for the purpose of helping a few people realize how dumb and overly sensitive to B.S. they're being. That's the kind of guy I am. I certainly don't give half a damn about some notional post count that really reflects only how many boring evenings I've had...

Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 1:13pm
So what alot of you are saying is that just because it's on the net we don't have to be respectfull of anybody and being civil does'nt count.  Wow! that really  says alot.  Hope you aren't ever at the mercy of total strangers in real life like when your car breaks down or your in an accident, or for that matter any incident in a public place whatsoever.  
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 1:16pm
You say you don't care, yet you typed the massive rant, and instead of putting it in the thread already dealing with the topic, you decide its important enough to warrant its own thread?

That makes me giggle. So does saying pistachio.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 1:18pm
Well I guess that's just you then. Saying everyone should not care about anything on this forum is just not right. If the mods did not care about anything on this forum, it'd be even crazier. And I do care about what I do on this forum. I've learned a lot from it, met some cool people, and it's sadly a part of my life. This place has helped me realize where I stand politically and how I feel about certain issues. Of course I'm going to care what happens on here. Saying that, "oh it's just the internet, it's nothing to care about" is just stupid. Caring about what happens here doesn't mean I don't care more about what happens in real life. Do I care about real life more? Yes, I care about it a hell of a lot more. Apparently, you guys are too cool to care about what you do on the internet.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

You say you don't care, yet you typed the massive rant, and instead of putting it in the thread already dealing with the topic, you decide its important enough to warrant its own thread?

Like I said- I'm one of those altruistic types. I genuinely beleive that some people really needed to hear this.

Liquid: Basically, yeah. Many of us will nonetheless choose to be, but noone is under any sort of obligation whatsoever, and we need to realize that. Many people post on the internet specifically to avoid accountabiltiy or acknowledgement of who they actually are. Expecting any behaviour better than simply not being illegal is unrealistic. It's nice that others are respectful, but I've seen enough crap online that I do not expect anything better. The reason I do participate here is that fortunately the standards of social decency are much higher than a vast number of other websites, and that makes this place more pleasant to be a part of. I certianly won't lose sleep if it turns to crap though, and online I refuse to in any substantial way judge - or be judged by - total strangers.

All I'm trying to explain is that far too many people are way too emotionally invested in meaningless crap that happens on the 'net. Nobody should stress out over the internet until and unless it comes to have some concrete impact on your real life. At best this should be an amusing aside to real life. None of us have any real reputation to defend here- I don't care if the name Brihard is mud three days from now. I don't cling to whatever credibility I've garnered online. I've got a real life for that.

Ced: I would say I'm too grounded in real life to care about what happens on the internet. The rest is essentially correct.

Edited by brihard - 02 June 2006 at 1:30pm

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by NiQ-Toto NiQ-Toto wrote:

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

SILLY 06'ERS

SILLY ANYONE AFTER 02'ERS

<font size="7">SILLY NON NATIVE TEXANS MOVING INTO THE STATE
SILLY RABBIT

Trix are for kids.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 1:35pm
Yeah, my bordem in real life has lead me to caring about this forum. I think that's what it boils down to.
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 1:42pm
..if nobody cared, the right thing would never be done. i think brihard had good intentions with this but is taking the "don't care" route a bit too far now. it's almost as asinine as whale's responses earlier in chat.

brihard, we get it, YOU don't care. why keep posting? other than this being "your thread and you can do what you want with it."
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 1:45pm
Yea, their was a time where I actually cared about this place but then... it changed and I didn't laugh or find anything intresting, and Now I only use this place to burn a couple minites here and there.
    But I also like to use this place to look at other people's markers and see their ideas about them and what not, I'll also help people make a decision on marker upgrades or help them with marker trouble, but meh? I usally just come in here to either get caught up on the news, and listen to some "DECENT" politics, or quick little laugh and go giggling away. It's sad to say I care about this place as much as a Tom Cruise cares about Jesus.
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

And pudding.
///AMG What?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic