FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reality check time, folks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reality check time, folks.
    Posted: 01 June 2006 at 6:15pm
Frankly I don't even know why I'm bothering to post this, but I have this annoying habit of chipping in and trying to solve anything that presents itself as a 'problem' that I'm in any way involved in.

This place is a website where we by and large post in complete anonymity. Very few of the members here have ever met each other in person, or ever will. The people posting here vary greatly in age and amturity, but the one thing we all have in common is that now and then we tend to take inane crap on the internet a bit too seriously.

The fact that you're even still reading this - or that I'm even still writing this - is idiotic enough. Then you look at this pitiful drivel that we're seeing between certain longtime members and the mods. You look at how the PBC clique (of which I'm arguably a part) trash any newbs who dare to come in here, and how very few of the kids posting ehre for the first time are still around three days alter.

We need to stop giving a damn. Sure, we all agreed to the terms of service when we applied, and there are certain rules which are loosely and erratically enforced- and a couple that are pretty solid - but the frightening part is that a lot of people seem to actually have some emotional sake on what goes on here.

I'll drop by when I feel like it. Usually daily, sometimes not. Occasionally I'll go to chat. If I feel creative I'll photoshop one of the longtime memebrs, possibly having carnal relations with an animal, or an appliance. In any case, it's just a way for me to get some cheap, mindless entertainment, and occasionally have a discussion with one of the more intelligent members.

But when I see comments like 'honour', 'integrity', 'trust', or 'respect' come upin the context of this website, I have to raise my eyebrows. We don't know each other, really, and for the sake of our own mental health none of us should really give a damn what happens here. If I get guested in the enxt fifteen minutes I could honestly care less- if I feel like it I'll sign up a new account and keep on doing exactly what I'm doing. Sure, it's nice to chat with certain people over time here and get to know them, but nobody should ever feel victimized by the actions of the moderators or of other emmebrs. Today for instance, Cedric got his account mangled, and then went ape on hway, who took offense. Evil Elvis owned up to it, and then took crap himself from members. Frankly that's pitiful on both sides- the fact that ANYONE here genuinely gives a damn what happens to a bunch of 1s and 0s in a server is kinda sad.

It's not like the mods are ever gonna come to your house and rape your cat. OK, well, one or two of them might, but until it happens there's no reason to take umbrage at any of their actions. They're guys just like us. I moderate at another paitball forum, and dealing with people who just don't seem to care for a set of rules they agreed to can be irritating.

Conversely, for mods to get genuinely pissed off at members is pathetic. You can guest someone in cold blood if they realy get to you, but petty vindictive bullcrap that just pisses everyone off is juvenile- as juvenile as it is to be aprticularly bothered by any of this.

This is the internet. Every one of you should have a real life that's FAR more important, and always will be, than anything that happens here. If this site actually gets you stressed in ANY manner, to ANY degree, you ened to get the hell offline adn go do something. Go for a run. Go on a date. Spend a lonely night crying to your goldfish about life. I don't care. But don't whine about something stupid that happens on the net.

You don't know me, and I don't know you. I don't really care in any substantial way what you think of me- and you shouldn't care what It hink of you either. You shouldn't even aprticualrly take this post seriously, but if it'll help a couple members here get their stuff together and realzie how utterly inconsequential and insignificant this stie is, then maybe I've helped someone.

Now if you're still stressed out, go whack off or something. You have far better things to do than waste time here for anything but your own amusement, and far more important things to worry about than what numbnutz_snip3r042 from Talahassee has to say about you.

Members, mods, cliques and newbs, everyone just chill. Let's post some more funny crap and melt each others' brains with nonsense like a year ago, not bicker over thigns that don't matter a bit.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
ridesnowbrdr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridesnowbrdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 6:20pm

you spelt maturity wrong

Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 6:41pm
To nonsense and tomfoolery!
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 6:42pm
Another thread?
chronic future View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I’m not back in 5 mins.. Wait longer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronic future Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Another thread?
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 6:45pm
tl;dr. I think what youre trying to say is summed up by this:

[19:00] <WHALE>     The forum = not a big deal
[19:00] <enos_LanBox>     At least someone gets it
[19:00] <enos_LanBox>     Have a cookie Whale
[19:00] <WHALE>     mmm
[19:00] *NickWitAQ eats whales cookie

Edited by NiQ-Toto - 01 June 2006 at 6:47pm
///AMG What?
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 6:45pm
I agree with you except for the whole "Ill do what I want and not care" bit.

Sure rules on a web forum dont mean much in the grand scheme of things, but you should at least have the maturity to respect rules that the company that owns the website and bandwith you use lays down.

My personal opinions on this whole poostorm are in the mods forum, where theyll remain. Until a representative from Tippmann comes along and tosses in their 2 cents, all this blah blah is so much a waste of time.
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:08pm
KoolKidsKlan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has a gerbil fetish and likes 2 share it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KoolKidsKlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:30pm

I am now a pirate..

Just kidding but that was a pretty good speach, have you thought of running for president?

{-,-}
|)__)
--"-"-- Ya rly.

Edited by KoolKidsKlan - 01 June 2006 at 7:33pm

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:35pm
I'll honour your feelings in respect to the integrity of the forum and trust you are right.

Pwnt.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

like 'honour'

Hehe... he said "honour"

I kid...

Originally posted by Brihard Brihard wrote:

You don't know me, and I don't know you.
I thought last night ment something to you!

Originally posted by Brihard Brihard wrote:

melt each others' brains with nonsense like a year ago,
Hate to burst your bubble... this time last year was when this all STARTED...

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:37pm

And yet again, brihard comes in and saves the day...

We  you briard!

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:38pm
SILLY 06'ERS
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

SILLY 06'ERS

SILLY ANYONE AFTER 02'ERS

pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

SILLY 06'ERS

Negro please.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:42pm

SILLY 06'ERS

SILLY NON NATIVE TEXANS MOVING INTO THE STATE
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

SILLY 06'ERS

<font size="7">SILLY NON NATIVE TEXANS MOVING INTO THE STATE
That got me right here     

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:45pm
my post count arose by one.
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

SILLY 06'ERS

<font size="7">SILLY NON NATIVE TEXANS MOVING INTO THE STATE

I'm a native texan, living in socal.

Ftw?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 7:49pm
Brihard, I agree with most of your points. However if nobody cares, who will be the one to answer the newbies questions? Who will be the one to lock the threads and guest the idiots? The fact of the matter is that none of us want to see this forum go under, and we are all trying to improve the experiance for all parties.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic