Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help: New Pro-Carbine Won’t Cycle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LazMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LazMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Help: New Pro-Carbine Won’t Cycle
    Posted: 31 May 2006 at 7:11pm
Hello, this is my first post on the forums. I just bought a Pro Carbine and recieved it about a week ago. The only changes I made to the gun were changing the barrel and replacing the plastic site with a red dot scope. So far I've tried about 3 different tanks, 2 nitros and one CO2 tank. The CO2 tank was brand new and filled. Everytime I cock the gun and fire it, it resets and I have to cock it again to fire it. It seems to also take more force than normal to cock the marker past the first half inch of the total cocking dinstance. I really have no idea what the problem is and so far I havent found a solution on any other website. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:54am
It sounds like something is jamming it up...this is the perfect time to learn to field strip your new gun! Remove the air source, and strip the gun down and make sure that everything is in it's place, and that nothing is broken. Your instruction manual should have a parts breakdown to assist as you strip down and reassemble. Put it back together and it'll probably have cured your problem.

If you have any problems with disassembly/reassembly, or if you do this and still have problems, write back and we'll be glad to help.
Snick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:21pm
like the other guy said, take your marker apart. something was prolly jammed up or put in the wrong way or something. try taking your marker apart and looking for out of place pieces. if you need diagrams or other reference stuff to look at, just search online and you would probably be able to find helpful diagrams to make sure all the stuff is put in correctly.
thornygravy View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language 5/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thornygravy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 3:22pm
u can still buy pro/carbines?
-Tippy 98c
-Polished Interns.
-RD Double Trig.
-5'' Drop
-j+j ceram 14''
-12v revy x-board
-SmartParts Grips
-Pen Spring Mod
-Milled Rear Sight
-Filled Front Grip
-Blue Paint job
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 9:05pm
You replaced the plastic rear sight, as in you removed it?

The plastic site holds the linkage arm in its proper place. Most likely its missing, or wobbling around jamming up the works. If its still in the gun (unlikely), refer to the manual to get it back in its proper place and put the rear sight back on. Theres alot of sight rail space on a carbine so you shouldnt have much trouble getting the stock sight and your scope to play nice together.

If the linkage arm is missing (likely), give Tippmann a call and tell them what happened and most likely theyll send you a new linkage arm for free or for a small fee.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic