Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

vortex mod for A-5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bullseye9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullseye9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vortex mod for A-5
    Posted: 29 May 2006 at 4:37pm
Does anyone have this mod? Or actually seen one other than a video? It just sounds kinda far fetched that it will get ya 25bps. Ive been looking at the w.a.s. for the e-grip, but do not have many options to feed it!!!  Thanks
Tippmann A-5
E-Grip
JCS DUAL Trigger
14" J&J ceramic
68/4500
bullet drop
macro line
polished internals
LPK

The damage done to a man should be such that there is no fear of revenge!!!
deadeyevt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeyevt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 6:16pm

Hey, I have one on my 98 Custom Cyclone.  I didn't believe the hype either, but I shoot that gun a lot and had to replace the stock internals once.  When it came around and i needed to replace them the second time I found this upgrade and it does promote a cleaner cycle and they are built a lot better.  Couple this upgrade with the Q.E.V. upgrade and I can consistantly hit 19bps, prolly higher with more turning and HPA...
If you haven't looked, check out the A.P.E. rampage boards and upgrades.  Tha's the route i'm going to eventually go for my E-gripped Pro-lite.
For 25bps, there is always a Qloader...  they make the adapters to put them on A-5's, just a thought.

RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 10:05am
yeah i say screw the vortex mod, i'd rather just run 20bps like i can with stock cyclone and qev.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 1:37pm
I installed one in my sons A5 and My 98c both with a QEV. They are pricey, but do work great especially if you like laying down allot of paint. My sons A5 will shoot 22BPS without skipping, any higher and you will skip .Also we both run LPK and the cyclone will now stop working when the marker stops working when low on air .
NeXuS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeXuS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 10:02pm
I've eaten up 2 cyclones (stock) with my E-Grip (non-W.A.S.).  I've ordered the Vortex mod just so I can quit destroying cyclones.
FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by NeXuS NeXuS wrote:

I've eaten up 2 cyclones (stock) with my E-Grip (non-W.A.S.).  I've ordered the Vortex mod just so I can quit destroying cyclones.

You mean you've "eaten" two cyclone ratchets.  The ratchet is a consumable part, and designed to be replaced after continued use.  It has or will happen to anyone w/ a cyclone. 

I've replaced the ratchet in my cyclone twice.  The second time I needed a new one I ordered 6 from Tippmann since they are cheap and this way I have plenty of spares around if I need them.

If I still used my A-5 as much as I used to I'd probably check out the Vortex mod though, just for the fact that I might be able to get a few extra bps out of it and still feed paint when I'm low on air.  But the fact that it won't wear out alone doesn't really sell me on the mod.

Edited by FyreFly - 31 May 2006 at 11:53pm

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK
FeVeR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FeVeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:06am
I already have a QEV and i am ordering a APE Rampage E grip, and the Vortex Mod this week!  Ill tell ya how it does.
06 Shocker
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:38am
I really don't get why everyones going through all this trouble just to get a few more BPS out of their A-5's. 
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
FeVeR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FeVeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:52am
I play speed, and also I just want to show that my A-5 can shoot as fast as some high end guns.
06 Shocker
Tealin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tealin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 7:17am
I have a Q loader and the Rampage and i get 25 all day long and maybe even 27 on sundays. I have not really been outshot yet because the loaders will not keep up. Only down side is i have to change Mags. every 4 seconds
A5 rampage board, Rampage trigger, Flatline, Qloader
Ralphwggm5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ralphwggm5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:21pm
ok i hate to admit this... whats the vortex mod?
A-5
14" Bigshot
E-Grip
Palmer's Female Stabilizer
68/4500 HPA
Collapsible Stock
Coiled Remote
Polished Internals
FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:36pm
Its basically a replacement for the ratchet and a few other stock parts in the cyclone.  I think the Vortex ratchet is made out of aluminum?   If you search, I'm sure you can find the link.  

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 12:48am
yes, its aluminum, which is wayy better than the stock plastic.

Runs around $35... doesnt seem worth it to me.
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Blackdawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackdawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 3:18am
iv found that you definately want to use grease with it like they recomend, when i just used some gun oil (all i had at the time) it would stop cycling when i still had decent pressure left in my tank. i went and bought some grease, went back in and greaced it to death, it seems a lot smoother with just the manual turning i have yet to test it out though
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 7:07pm
Ah so does it solve the problem of not feeding when your low on air and stuff but more pbs i could see it chopping but i duno.

Also could i put this on my 98 custom ?

Edited by Ghost-Rider - 08 June 2006 at 7:07pm
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 4:10pm

Originally posted by Ghost-Rider Ghost-Rider wrote:

Ah so does it solve the problem of not feeding when your low on air and stuff but more pbs i could see it chopping but i duno.

Also could i put this on my 98 custom ?

Yes, if you have a Cyclone.

Capone1911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capone1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 1:05am
For FeVeR, I love laying down a lot of paint, like most everyone who shoots full auto, but I shoot 7-8 bps. I still have a great rate of fire without running out tons of paint. I use tactics and accuracy to destroy those high dollar guns with no problems.
Wanna go kamikaze?
an94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 7:44pm

I just got my vortex today. shot it with 15 bps no skip. was going to test more but I did not have much air left to go higher than that. what kind of grease did you use?

just like Capone1911; I only run 8 bps for games. slow enough for fast simiauto, but I still have F/A when I need it. AND when other players are out of paint Im still going.

1 paintball gun package=$150
1 case of paint=$50
air & entry fee=$15
lighting up newbies all day long= Priceless
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic