Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

air leak after installing RT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wolverine1190 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolverine1190 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: air leak after installing RT
    Posted: 26 May 2006 at 4:34pm

ok... i just bought a response trigger and love it!!! its great! but the problem is whenever i put air on the gun i get a little *psssshhhhhh* noise. i put my ear up to the part of the gun with the valve on it. its the loudest there. so im thinking great. something is wrong with my valve. so i took the gun apart.. checked it all.. loctited all the stuff that needs it and put it back together... still no luck. so i take it apart again. and look at the valve. on the inside, the valve seat o-ring isn't in the best shape. so i looked up all the ways to take the valve apart and think i can do it.  but the thought of me taking it apart is not one i like so i double check myself. i took the side of the gun off and put an almost empty tank on it so i could see the internals while it was aired.  i could hear the air better . i put some soapy bubbles on the front bolt and what do you know they blow away... so its the air is coming out of the valve.

so the thing i would liek to know is...

1.) besides the oring that is screwed up, is there anything else that could be wrong?? the last thing i wanna do is take the valve apart

2.) if i do replace the oring, what size is it? does it come in the replacement parts kit??

thanks to all who help out!!!!!

paintballinbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 5:18pm
make sure you cock your gun before putting the tank on. sometimes the bolt pushes on the valve, keeping it open a little bit.
98 Custom
milled;painted;J&J Ceramic;X-Chamber;R/T;Cyclone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolverine1190 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 6:07pm
i have cocked the gun when i do this and get no luck at all. so i am thinking it is the oring. i just wish it wasn't. oh well. time to take apart the valve i gues...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolverine1190 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:34pm
well i took apart the valve and found the o-ring (valve seat) with a huge chunk outta it... so i figured i would just get an oring . checked 5 places and no  one had it. the last place i checked said u can't get that size from tippmann. well yeah u can just get it from a different company or w/e but i was playing the next day. so the guy said u gotta buy the whole valve or the oring. so , since no one had the oring, i bought the valve for 30 dollars.... when all i needed was an oring for less than a buck... it sucks... oh well thats the end of that problem.
jkiddx2003 View Drop Down

Guested for F-Bomb 5/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkiddx2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 10:34pm
thats exactly whats happening to me right now. they wanted 35$ for a new valve so i sent it in to tippmann for them to fix it for free.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic