Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Driving while talking on a cell phone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
RollnROCK89i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RollnROCK89i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driving while talking on a cell phone
    Posted: 21 May 2006 at 1:24pm
When your driving, is talking on a cell phone any different than talking to a passenger?  Your always hearing on the news how cell phones are causing crashes, but what about the drivers just having a conversation with someone in the car?

Edited by RollnROCK89i - 21 May 2006 at 1:25pm
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 1:27pm
u have to open ur phone...dial...and hold it using one hand...on top of the talking..thats why

Edited by DsXz - 21 May 2006 at 1:28pm
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 1:27pm
I've never had trouble driving while talking on my phone. I think all that is way overhyped. It's like number 5 on the list of stupid things that drivers do and cause accidents. Dialing is another thing, but talking doesn't seem to be that bigga deal from my experience...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RollnROCK89i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 1:29pm

Originally posted by DsXz DsXz wrote:

u have to open ur phone...dial...and hold it using one hand...on top of the talking..thats why

There are many studies that show very little difference between hands free cell phones and the regular ones.  It's not the handling of the phone, its the conversation that is distracting.

DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 1:30pm
then i dunno.. lol
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 1:33pm

Mythbusters have done this.

Watch it.

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 1:42pm
Only men are capable of doing it correctly.

Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 2:11pm
it's illegal in new york

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Mythbusters have done this.

Watch it.

i enjoyed that episode.

Originally posted by Boss_DJ Boss_DJ wrote:

it's illegal in new york

it's illegal here for people under 25 or 26 i wanna say. totally bogus if you ask me...
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 2:29pm
ageist laws

Edited by Hitman - 21 May 2006 at 2:29pm
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 2:56pm
I've been doing it for... about year, year and a half, and the only thing that I've almost done is back up traffic because I was texting someone and the light was green and I didn't relize it till some one honked their horn.   Texting while Driving... thats rough...  Talking?? Nah... Cell phones and cars shouldn't be banned, if they ban cell phones why dont they ban Music?
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

I've been doing it for... about year, year and a half, and the only thing that I've almost done is back up traffic because I was texting someone and the light was green and I didn't relize it till some one honked their horn.   Texting while Driving... thats rough...  Talking?? Nah... Cell phones and cars shouldn't be banned, if they ban cell phones why dont they ban Music?
shhhh...
X
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 3:04pm
it's been proven that it does affect your awareness. my problem with it, if you wanna ban it, ban it equally accross the board, and you know what? enforce the ban while you're at it. the cops here don't do anything about it.
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

it's been proven that it does affect your awareness. my problem with it, if you wanna ban it, ban it equally accross the board, and you know what? enforce the ban while you're at it. the cops here don't do anything about it.

When I was in New York we got pulled over in our friends car for him using one.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

When I was in New York we got pulled over in our friends car for him using one.

Memphis isn't New York.
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 4:04pm
Ah didn't know where you were from. I thought New York was the only place that banned it. 
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 4:16pm
There have been studies that have shown that your reaction time whilst talking on a cell phone is worse then whilst driving intoxicated.

edit- I'll see if I can dig up said studies.

edit2 - read (sorry if you don't have acrobat reader, it's a pdf

In this article, there's not concrete proof, but they state that evidence exists that seems to point to the fact that cell phone talking is worse than driving drunk.

Edited by Benjichang - 21 May 2006 at 4:25pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 4:21pm
ive been in a car with my friend during 3of his 5 wrecks.  All of them caused because he was talking on his phone to some girl, stopped paying attention, and rear-ended someone at a stop light.  talking on a phone while driving should be banned, as well as putting on make-up
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 4:30pm
i think its illegal here in washington state to...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RollnROCK89i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 4:38pm

But what I'm wondering is, is talking on a cell phone any different than having a conversation with someone in your car?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic