Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uhh weird problem HELP PLEASE!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
k0tti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k0tti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uhh weird problem HELP PLEASE!!!
    Posted: 18 May 2006 at 3:22pm
Um hi im borrowing my friends 98 custom with RT and i was wondering why when i press the trigger once with c02 in the gun just starts to shoot by it self at a high bps sounds like 17 bps or something and then slowly stops or i have to manually stop the cock. im new to the RT it maybe that i acccidentally set the gun to some weird setting by accident... HELP ITS SCARY
lol i dont want to get yelled at by my friend help

Edited by k0tti - 18 May 2006 at 3:25pm
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 3:26pm

could you possibly have it on burst mode?

maybe refill co2 tank/ replace o rings.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
k0tti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k0tti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 3:34pm
maybe yeah im all out of c02 does that usually happen when you go out on co2? and i might have accidentally put it to burst mode... the tuning thing for the RT is a flat head screw on the side of the hopper yes?
Jmann4567 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmann4567 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 7:59pm
When you get low on c02 that will happen i would try getting the co2 filled
98c
Smart Parts Teardrop
Ricochet Rhino hopper
deadOn double trigger
Pen spring mod
Custom paintjob
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16221294395.jpg&s=f5

Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:07pm
If you were low on Co2 then thats the problem. Other things to check: sear spring, sear (rounded edge), rear bolt (hammer) (rounded edge), and make sure the ball detent isnt in backwards.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
makave7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makave7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 11:24pm

man, i actually have the same problem. i got it back from the shop today and the guy couldnt fix it due to his timeframe and i need it by this sunday so i just took it back. same problem with me though, pull trigger, and goes off on its own rapidly until u hold the trigger down or cock it back, right? well, its not the r/t ill tell u that. what else did u do prior to the problem. did u ever mess with power hoses or disassemble it? Im gonna try to replace the power tube with an extra spare that i have, thats the only thing i can think of. but if not, my orignal tippmann repair guy shud be back next week, and ill give him the $25 to fix it. good luck

98 Custom:

Expansion Chamber, Response Trigger, Delrin bolt, double trigger, cyclone feeder, E-trigger compatible due to custom handle

Future upgrades:

14" J&J ceramin barrel, E-trigger, red dot scope sight, maybe a cool m4 stock... nothing else neccessary to add on....

paintballinbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by makave7 makave7 wrote:

man, i actually have the same problem. i got it back from the shop today and the guy couldnt fix it due to his timeframe and i need it by this sunday so i just took it back. same problem with me though, pull trigger, and goes off on its own rapidly until u hold the trigger down or cock it back, right? well, its not the r/t ill tell u that. what else did u do prior to the problem. did u ever mess with power hoses or disassemble it? Im gonna try to replace the power tube with an extra spare that i have, thats the only thing i can think of. but if not, my orignal tippmann repair guy shud be back next week, and ill give him the $25 to fix it. good luck

98 Custom:

Expansion Chamber, Response Trigger, Delrin bolt, double trigger, cyclone feeder, E-trigger compatible due to custom handle

Future upgrades:

14" J&J ceramin barrel, E-trigger, red dot scope sight, maybe a cool m4 stock... nothing else neccessary to add on....

how can you have a response trigger and an e-trigger on at the same time? the response trigger is a mechanical upgrade, the e-trigger is electronic....am i missing something?

and to the thread creator: it sounds like any number of scenerios could have occured. these are the most common:

1) you are low on gas(very probable)
2) your sear/hammer are worn
3) the sear spring is too weak. are you sure that your friend installed the R/T kit correctly? make sure that it is the stronger spring provided in the response trigger kit---not the stock one.
4) ball detent in backwards

edit: one more thing---there aren't "burst modes" with the R/T. you either pull the trigger back far enough that the R/T system starts working, or you pull it too far, in which case only one or two shots are fired. you can't change the R/T to different settings (ie three shot burst, semi, full auto).

Edited by paintballinbill - 22 May 2006 at 3:49pm
98 Custom
milled;painted;J&J Ceramic;X-Chamber;R/T;Cyclone.
Tippmann5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 4:29pm

OMG, i have the exact same problem!

but i don't have a 98 Custom with an installed E-grip. i own a Custom Pro. anyways, what im getting at is my CuzPro hasn't really been in battle, and it's brand new.

when i screw in the C02 and tap the trigger it starts to shoot full auto by itself, and this seems to shoot faster and more violent then 15bps. this has nothing to do with spring tension, i already tested that, it has nothing to do with low C02, and the marker is brand new so there are no worn or damage parts.

Edited by Tippmann5 - 24 May 2006 at 4:31pm
98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 4:38pm
Replace your Rear Bolt O-Ring.
Tippmann5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 4:59pm
really?! are you sure thats the problem?
98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
Cammo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 10:56pm
My friend had this same problem but he has a spyder and i kno the responce trigger is totaly different from the E-trigger but, the screws on the back of his gun were loose and when the back of the gun was lifted it would start shooting like crazy. thats prolly not ur problem but it might help. 
Tippmann A-5
Palmer Male
Vertical Adapter
D.O.P. Drop Forward
Lapco Big Shot 14"
No Trigger Spring
E-grip

FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 5:44pm
The r/t isn't electronic. Make sure that the sear spring is the bigger one. I
had the exact problem and that fixed it.
sixtoes1313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sixtoes1313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2006 at 10:05pm

you need a bigger sear spring for the response trigger?

when i got my response trigger of ebay the guy said that he was sellign everything you get in a R/T kit and no sear sprign was included

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2006 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by paintballinbill
<P>edit: one more thing---there aren't burst modes with the R/T. you either pull the trigger back far enough that the R/T system starts working, or you pull it too far, in which case only one or two shots are fired. you can't change the R/T to different settings (ie three shot burst, semi, full auto).</P>
<P>[/QUOTE paintballinbill

edit: one more thing---there aren't burst modes with the R/T. you either pull the trigger back far enough that the R/T system starts working, or you pull it too far, in which case only one or two shots are fired. you can't change the R/T to different settings (ie three shot burst, semi, full auto).

[/QUOTE wrote:

sorry i misread the origional post

sorry i misread the origional post

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 10:11pm
Try calling Tippmann. They might send you one. It will make all the
difference in the world.
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 12:11am
It also could be a worn out sear and/or rear bolt.
Tippmann5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 5:05pm

whats the chances of it being the rear bolt O-ring?

since i own a Custom Pro that has barely been used, that knocks out the chances of it having a week sear spring and/or a worn out rear bolt.

paintballinbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballinbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by sixtoes1313 sixtoes1313 wrote:

when i got my response trigger of ebay the guy said that he was sellign everything you get in a R/T kit and no sear sprign was included

well, he lied. the stronger sear spring makes a HUGE difference.

98 Custom
milled;painted;J&J Ceramic;X-Chamber;R/T;Cyclone.
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 9:22am
Originally posted by paintballinbill paintballinbill wrote:

Originally posted by sixtoes1313 sixtoes1313 wrote:

well, he lied. the stronger sear spring makes a HUGE difference.

yep :)
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
mangas_07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangas_07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 2:00am
yeah i have the same problem when i started using the response trigger and now the gun will go full auto even after i took out the response trigger someone should list the possible problems so i can fix it myself

98custom
-drop foward
-double trigger
-response trigger
-16" sniper barrel
-collapsible stock
-richochet AK autofeeder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic