Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what a mess...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what a mess...
    Posted: 17 May 2006 at 9:42pm
I have a 98C with a cyclone and R/T using HPA. First I just had the Cyclone and it was awsome... then came the infamous R/T! Everyone said I couldn't go wrong. I can't even go through half a hopper without chopping now. The paint is getting stuck between the front bolt and the feeder. I know the first response is going to be, "Try turning down your R/T." but I already have it turned down pretty low. Next, someone will say, "Maybe your running low on air." Nope, running on a full tank.. And no, the velocity isn't to high either. I usually shoot at about 270fps. I sent it to tippmann and they put those HUGE tubes on it for me.. not sure what that was supposed to do, but it didn't do it. Now I say, PLEASE OH PLEASE!!! SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 10:03pm
Bad paint? What kind you using?
irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 10:04pm

a couple different draxxus

Edited by irish_guy - 17 May 2006 at 10:05pm
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 10:04pm
try using a different brand of paint and see if you have the same problem
irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 7:03am

The thing is, everyone at the park I play with is using draxxus and a lot of them have the same setup I do. I don't think it has anything to do with the paint.

Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:14pm
If you chopped one ball before for whatever reason, then you will continue to chop. The paint from the chopped ball slows down the cyclone.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
solxion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solxion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:38pm
check valve bolts,snug not over tight.if not I would do
a complete tear down even to valve body if you feel up to it with the pencil trick(search forum).clean up check for wear bent bolt rod etc. do not
over oil asa and snug up receiver halves.search for cyclone specific problems on forums (worn ratchet?).

good luck
98c/rt,12" j&j pro-1,java coiled remote to 20 oz,eggy II,spee-t-cocker,ghetto fab stock(homebrew),pgp2k1.
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 11:44am
huge tubes? if u mean 1/8 hose for the r/t your outshooting oyur cyclone
irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 12:27am
Tippmann put them on when I sent it in for them to look at it. I barely even had the screw on the R/T out. From fully closed, how many turns do some of you guys have it screwed out?
gslstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gslstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 1:46pm
You may want to check out the threads on Super R/T. That is what the huge tubes are for. You would also need a QEV, which is a brass fitting that goes before the cyclone feed. It helps expell the gas when shooting fast. I can imagine that could cause chopping, but I'd be suprised if Tippmann didn't set your marker up properly. Go to upgrades and customizing and read the first sticky post.
Keep it clean
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 7:03pm

I have found when using HPA with the Cyclone and SR/T setup that the marker would chop intermittently, if I used CO2 no problems. It could be that the CO2 is still expanding in the marker thus creating the gas needed to run both ( Just a theory ). I have recently switched to the next hose size down from 1/8 to 3/32 (cocker hose), and still run 1/8 hose w/QEV for the Cyclone and this has eliminated the problem.

RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by irish_guy irish_guy wrote:

I have a 98C with a cyclone and R/T using HPA. First I just had the Cyclone and it was awsome... then came the infamous R/T! Everyone said I couldn't go wrong. I can't even go through half a hopper without chopping now. The paint is getting stuck between the front bolt and the feeder. I know the first response is going to be, "Try turning down your R/T." but I already have it turned down pretty low. Next, someone will say, "Maybe your running low on air." Nope, running on a full tank.. And no, the velocity isn't to high either. I usually shoot at about 270fps. I sent it to tippmann and they put those HUGE tubes on it for me.. not sure what that was supposed to do, but it didn't do it. Now I say, PLEASE OH PLEASE!!! SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!

First of all, this DOES NOT and CAN NOT have anything to do with the r/t.  It also DOES NOT have anything to do with firing fast, the cyclone skips and doesn't chop, you will only chop with incredibly crappy paint (unless there are burrs on your reciever/barrel/front bolt.

Chances are you need a new ratchet, because the balls are being fed half-way.  Could also be the ratchet spring, but most likely the ratchet.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 3:49pm

How can i check that?? And, if tht is the case, where can I get new parts?? I read about some TechT parts.. are those what I need?

cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 7:48pm

Lets look at this logically, your marker ran fine with just the cyclone, you added a part ( the R/T) that runs off the same air supply and now you chop. Remove the R/T and test your marker , Does it chop? if the answer is yes then you have a different problem than adding the R/T. if the answer is no , then your R/T is causing the chop, you might have a small leak and the Cyclone is starving for air or in my case the SR/T worked to good and starved the cyclone. Test and tune is the answer. I'm adding the part #s if you would like to try my solution, Also remember to have the marker operating correctly , oiled and cronoed.

Part#'s these are Clippard Parts. UT0-4003 - Banjo "T" with 1/8 and 3/32 barbs.

CT3 - 3/32 barb for the R/T ( be carefully taking the old one off, they break)

I don't have a # for 3/32 hose but for Paintball it is commonly known as Cocker hose

irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 10:18pm
I'm definitely gonna give a go, I will post again when I have results. Thank you...
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 8:48am
I would also get a QEV and a 1/8 barb from clippard when you buy your parts, and oil 2-3 drops into the air -port for the cyclone.
irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 7:07pm

It was the star in the cyclone. Tippmann sent me a new one that sits a little different and BAM! Works like a charm.

cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by irish_guy irish_guy wrote:

It was the star in the cyclone. Tippmann sent me a new one that sits a little different and BAM! Works like a charm.

When you say star do you mean the sprockets that agitate the paint-balls or the axle that rotates via the ratchet?

irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 10:25pm
the sprocket that agitates the paintballs. I'll attempt to explain. With the OLD sprocket, the next ball to be shot could just roll out of the cyclone. The NEW sprocket actually holds the paintballs in the cyclone so no paint can roll out... It's hard to explain. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.
irish_guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 7:32pm

This is how the old sprocket sat...

Notice how the ball can easily roll out of the cyclone.

The new one however...

sits a little more clockwise. I have no idea why they would have two different ones, but it works.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic