FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of A5 Internals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of A5 Internals
    Posted: 17 May 2006 at 5:05pm
I think this will help people to figure out where different parts go in case you put it together wrong. The only thing that is not shown is the nut that the front grip screws in to.

First off, the ball detent. Make sure when you put it in, it's facing the direction mine is.

Valve O-ring. This is located up inside the powertube where the arrow is pointing. It's important that you keep this well oiled or else it will cause the infamous leaking from the barrel.

Front bolt. If you put this in backwards, it will make cocking your gun a lot harder/impossible. Just make sure yours is facing the direction mine is and you'll be good.

Tombstone latch. This keeps your vertical adapter in place. I left mine off once and the vertical adapter slipped out of place and caused a leak, so just make sure it's always latched on to the adapter. I also recommend replacing the stock spring with a lighter clciky pen spring because the stock one makes it hard to unlatch.

Drive spring. Make sure the pin is placed inside it to keep it from bending. You can sort of notice the pin in the first picture.

Hope that helps

Edited by Bango - 21 May 2006 at 6:51pm
Gropo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gropo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 6:20pm
    Cool. This is definately helpful.
I haven't tried to disassemle my new A5 yet, buy I do want to learn to do my own maintenance. Does it void the warrenty when you go beyound "Field Stripping"?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 6:38pm
Why would you need to do more than field strip it? If you are tearing it that far down, there better be some major mods going in.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 7:25pm
cool forgive me for a really stupid question but what dows a tombstone latch do?
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 10:08pm
It holds the tombstone vertical adapter in place. 
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Why would you need to do more than field strip it? If you are tearing it that far down, there better be some major mods going in.

Or if you get paint all over the front bolt.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 7:38am
Originally posted by iceman1186 iceman1186 wrote:

Please explain to me how you manged that?

Does the term Blue Painters Tape ring a bell?
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 3:29pm

Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

is that the handle and trigger?

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 3:40pm

Please explain to me how you manged that?Does the term Blue Painters Tape ring a bell?

Snake...chopping.... Not spraypaint, paintball paint. Chopping would do that.
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

is that the handle and trigger?

No, it's the thing that the airline screws in to. It's also where people screw in regulators and xchambers.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Please explain to me how you manged that?Does the term Blue Painters Tape ring a bell?

Snake...chopping.... Not spraypaint, paintball paint. Chopping would do that.

Yes, but you can just field strip it to clean that.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 1:23am
Snake I dont know if Im missing something here or what, but how can you remove the front bolt by only field stripping the gun? Im not trying to be sarcastic.
Torquestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torquestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 3:05pm
I never field strip mine.  I take it totally down (except the power tube valve) every time I play, inspect the components, and re-lube each o-ring by hand.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 3:14pm

Snake I dont know if Im missing something here or what, but how can you remove the front bolt by only field stripping the gun? Im not trying to be sarcastic.

On an A-5 the front bolt slides out the back end of the reciever when it is field stripped. What would be the point of having a gun that can break down in 30 seconds, if you couldn't get to the part of the gun that matters out?
Psycho Squirrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psycho Squirrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 10:51am
Hey, this really helped.  I was able to fix a recocking problem because of this.  Thanks.
Stop signs are only a suggestion....kinda like pants.
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 3:07pm

On an A-5 the front bolt slides out the back end of the reciever when it is field stripped. What would be the point of having a gun that can break down in 30 seconds, if you couldn't get to the part of the gun that matters out?

It's a good quick fix if you're trying to get back into the game, but if a ball chops, taking the insides out and cleaning them will not solve the problem, paint will still be on the inside of the reciever.

The fieldstrip is the way to go if you don't chop, or are ready to get back into the game, but when you're done each game you should strip the gun down and take your time cleaning and re-oiling it.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 8:43pm

You know, I never even thought of doing it that way. So, thanks.
draconas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draconas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 5:32am
Banjo/or anyone else can you please post a picture of the insides of the cyclone feeder.  I am having a devil of a time trying to work out how the ratchet spring fits back in, I've tried looking at the diagrams but they don't help. 
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 6:31am
Originally posted by RavenGuard RavenGuard wrote:

It's a good quick fix if you're trying to get back into the game, but if a ball chops, taking the insides out and cleaning them will not solve the problem, paint will still be on the inside of the reciever.

The fieldstrip is the way to go if you don't chop, or are ready to get back into the game, but when you're done each game you should strip the gun down and take your time cleaning and re-oiling it.

What I nromally do is in between games, I pull the internals out and clean them. THen I run a striaght shot through the reciever to get some of that junk out.
ykwak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ykwak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 11:26am
For guys like SNAKE who think tearing down a gun is a NONO...

why NOT tear one down? it is a good idea to take it all down at least once a month and give it a good wipe down. There are lots of debris that will get into the marker itself.

Also, it is a good thing to do in order to Learn about this marker, and to be less afraid of handling it. That way, you dont have to take it to all those "air smiths" who are video or home trained.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic