Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 custom help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
twistedkev1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twistedkev1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 custom help
    Posted: 16 May 2006 at 6:39pm

Haven't been able to play paintball in a while (various reasons) and I played the other day and ran into some problems. Here they are.

1. I have a 98 custom with e-bolt, LPK, and a cyclone. Time before last I played no problems, but the other day I aired up my gun and noticed that my cyclone wasnt working. I had people waiting on me to play so i just turned up my regulator (alot) until the cyclone started turning and turned my dwell all the way down (didnt want to injure anyone more than I had to). I just used that as a temp fix, anyone know what the problem could be? Cyclone wasnt too tight, been oiled recently, and put together correctly.

2. I have a different 98 custom with a response trigger (and for a bit a flatline).  I let my brother use this one. I aired it up the other day and the response trigger is incredibly fast (so fast that it is actually eating away my sear). Anyone know the problem? I will reply with a url to a video of it in half hour or so.

3. When my brother used the 98 with response it had the flatline barrel on it. I didn't clean it because I figured he did, but I check it out the other day and it has dried paint in it. Wouldn't come out so I soaked the barrel in hot water (not boiling hot) and ran the squeege through it and got some of the paint out, but not all of it. I touched the paint and it very sticky (the closest thing I can think it is similar to is if you wrap duct tape around your finger and get the duct tape wet a little then let it dry and remove the duct tape from your finger. It leaves a sticky substance on your finger. This stuff is a little worse than that.)

Hope you guys can help me out

http://www.apex.xw-h.com/rt.html << video ( no download required )

Edited by twistedkev1990 - 16 May 2006 at 10:42pm
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 11:16am
You have too many variables with the LPK, E-bolt and cyclone. Most of us don't have experience with all of those working together.  I would call tippmann  and have them sort it out instead of  fiddling for days with it by process of elimination.  Oh, use some more hot water and dish soap on the barrel goo.
gslstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gslstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 9:17pm

As for the paint redidue, it may be wax. I know some paints have a wax in them. I'm still looking for a decent solvent that user friendly.

The hard way may be to just keep soaking and then squeeging repeatedly.

Edited by gslstar - 18 May 2006 at 9:22pm
Keep it clean
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic