Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lens removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
john j View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lens removal
    Posted: 13 May 2006 at 8:21pm
Hey guys !

I was wondering if somebody could help me . I have a JT SPECTRA mask and I am not sure how to remove the lens . It was given to me and it came without instructions .
Could someone please help me as to how to remove the lens for cleaning ? . Is there a way I could download the instructions ? . I tried the JT website , but I could not find anything .
Also ! the mask is only about 3 months old, if that makes any difference .
Thanks so much !!

Edited by john j - 13 May 2006 at 8:23pm
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2006 at 11:52pm

Email JT and ask them for a copy/link.

I looked, and I did not see anything anywhere.

lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 12:10am
undo the ears by pulling out the little hing thing, pull off lense frame from bottom of mask, get frame and lense seperated by pulling it so the little clear things slide out of the rubber.

i gave it an atempt, sorry if that doesnt help you at all
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 12:55am
To remove the lense...sit the mask in your lap facing you. Start at the top of the lense, the center tab and try to twist the rubber backwards so it pulls free of the tab that retains the lense. After you get it loose, work your way around the mask, and end at the nose area. Be advised that these lenses are rather difficult to pull loose from the rubber.

That said, you do not want to remove the lense just to clean it. I just rinse mine down with warm water from the kitchen faucet after each day of play, and that works well for me.

Edited by Shub - 14 May 2006 at 12:59am
tecumseh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I Wanna Title!! Waah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tecumseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 2:31am
shub, you little pic helped me out because i was doing it deifferent. that way is way easier
what?
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 12:42pm
That is a scan of the JT manual that came with my Spectra.
RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 2:07pm
the spectra lens is such a pain...

My next mask will b a v-force for sure.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire