Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A contraversial question..

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Joined: 03 January 2004
Location: R'lyeh
Status: Offline
Points: 12518
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:


Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

There aren't many Marijuana cartels. You get that with harder drugs.
Like tylenol. 

Those tylenol rings get pretty crazy. Dudes get shoot over the non-drowzy stuff.
Acetameniphine messes you up hardcore.
Back to Top
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Funny/Ironic Title

Joined: 25 January 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 6470
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:16pm
Linus you are missing the point. If marijuana was legalized there would be no cartels fighting each other, and I don't see why you would think so. Cartels focus on hard drugs, they don't give a damn about marijuana because you can't make the money with pot that you can with hard drugs.
I need a new Sig...
Back to Top
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Linus you are missing the point. If marijuana was legalized there would be no cartels fighting each other, and I don't see why you would think so. Cartels focus on hard drugs, they don't give a damn about marijuana because you can't make the money with pot that you can with hard drugs.
Yes, not the same amount of money, compared head to head. BUT IT'S STILL MONEY they would kill for.

I thought I debunked this in another post...

Cartels do operate in marijuana...

1

2


Many companies work in more then one area at a time....


If you still dont see my view, then you obviously didnt pass "Reading Comprehension 101".. because it was explained IN MY LAST POST.

Back to Top
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Got me flowers for my birthday

Joined: 10 July 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4944
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:


Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

There aren't many Marijuana cartels. You get that with harder drugs.
Like tylenol. 

Those tylenol rings get pretty crazy. Dudes get shoot over the non-drowzy stuff.
Acetameniphine messes you up hardcore.

there was a girl when i went to middle school who drank a bottle of cough syrup, she ended up in the hospital obviously, i dont remember how long though

then this year in school some kid died from an od on oxycottin

Back to Top
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Rugged Individualist

Joined: 30 January 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2572
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Linus you are missing the point. If marijuana was legalized there would be no cartels fighting each other, and I don't see why you would think so. Cartels focus on hard drugs, they don't give a damn about marijuana because you can't make the money with pot that you can with hard drugs.
Yes, not the same amount of money, compared head to head. BUT IT'S STILL MONEY they would kill for.

I thought I debunked this in another post...

Cartels do operate in marijuana...

1

2


Many companies work in more then one area at a time....


If you still dont see my view, then you obviously didnt pass "Reading Comprehension 101".. because it was explained IN MY LAST POST.


That's only two cartels.

And how much of the weed in this country do you think even comes from any of these cartels?
Back to Top
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:24pm
ROOOOOOOOOBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTRIPIN'

Back to Top
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Joined: 12 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 12750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:27pm
linus i think you're missing everyone's point as well... cartels don't put their main focus on marijuana... they may run some... but they don't carry enough to do what you're claiming will happen. 


Back to Top
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Joined: 08 September 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 10707
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

umm, hemp stuff is legal

Yeah, hemp products, not growing it.

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

But think about it.. you provide drug cartels money, which in turn they use to kill innocent people and honest politicians.

Right, because normal corporations are in the habit of killing off those that oppose their bills.

A few points:
1. Most Marijuana is locally grown, at least everywhere I know...

2. Once it is legalized, it can be regulated by the governement in a more managable way, and be taken over by large corporate interests. "Drug cartels" simply won't be able to compete, and even then, it'd be in their interest to go legit.

3. Addressing the OP, I have not seen a single good reason for it to be illegal. The only ones people put forth with any backing are those that are hypocritical unless you also call for the banning of Alcohol, tobacco, and ANYTHING unhealthy or mind altering.
Back to Top
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Joined: 06 July 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Status: Offline
Points: 10299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

These cartels, now "corportations" would fight eachother to get rid of their competition, (Crips and Bloods, anyone?)


The crips and bloods did not fight for drug territory for nearly 10 years after they first formed, and the gangs were not even formed for drug related reasons, so please dont use that as an example[/QUOTE]

Quote During this fighting, many innocent bystanders are bound to get killed. When that starts happening, politicians will rethink their stance and go "Hmm.. maybe not much did change since we legalized it.. just made it more profitable for the "companies".


What is your logic in saying that these people will get attacked?

Quote Wow, I cant believe you screwed up what I said THAT badly.

Innocent people, IE bankers, the guy owning the grocery store down the street, the bus driver, the school children, the taxi driver, the construction worker, the fisherman, the farmer, the teacher, the garbage man, the TV repair man, the phone technician, the guy that says "Can you hear me now?".. THEY are innocent people.

I never once said ANYTHING REMOTLEY close to "the innocent people in the drug cartel"


You missed my point. The people being killed by the drug cartels, what makes them innocent? Aside from the random deaths committed by the people in the cartel that occur during non cartel buisness hours, since those have nothing to do with cartel buisness and would happen anyway, what makes those deaths innocent?


Edited by Gatyr - 14 May 2006 at 9:38pm
Back to Top
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 10:05pm
If weed was legal we would have a better world. How many times have any of you been at a concert or sporting event ect. and somewon was really loud obnoxious and violent, where they smoking pot or drinking beer? Pot mellows you out. Way I see it if pots legal we would have a slightly less violent society.
Back to Top
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Joined: 07 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4439
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Counterquestion.

Why are tobacco and alcohol legal?
because during the prohibition the mafia and other people started making there own alcohol causing alot of problems with the police when they were bust wrooing about bigger crimes had to take time to bust people for the alcohol they were making, forcing the goverment to repeal the prohibition law.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Back to Top
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 10:10pm
Nothing the government says or does is gonna keep people from growing pot. Its illegal right now and its still done.
Back to Top
BooksAndLeaves View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guested, Binary F-Bomb

Joined: 21 December 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2495
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BooksAndLeaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 10:14pm
all i know is blunts rule
01001001 00100000 01100111 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100011 01100001 01110101 01100111 01101000 01110100 00101110 00101110 00101110
Back to Top
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Joined: 08 September 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 10707
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 12:27am
Originally posted by ANARCHY_SCOUT ANARCHY_SCOUT wrote:


Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Counterquestion.Why are tobacco and alcohol legal?
because during the prohibition the mafia and other people started making there own alcohol causing alot of problems with the police when they were bust wrooing about bigger crimes had to take time to bust people for the alcohol they were making, forcing the goverment to repeal the prohibition law.

Yup, prohibition doesn't work, nuff said.
Back to Top
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 12:35am
If you buy marijuana, you're supporting terrorism!


Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 3:22am
I lol'd, cause George Bush Sr. (I think it was him, tell me the right leader if I'm wrong) was riggidly opposed to hemp. He was shot down/ rescued in a war (again, not sure if it was bush) Heres the funny part:

The fuel lines in his plane, hemp. Parachute componants, hemp, rope/ riggings on boat that pulled him up, hemp.

I'll find the source if I can, but I doubt it.
Back to Top
Sairen Blitz View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 18 October 2005
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 194
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sairen Blitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I lol'd, cause George Bush Sr. (I think it was him, tell me the right leader if I'm wrong) was riggidly opposed to hemp. He was shot down/ rescued in a war (again, not sure if it was bush) Heres the funny part:

The fuel lines in his plane, hemp. Parachute componants, hemp, rope/ riggings on boat that pulled him up, hemp.

I'll find the source if I can, but I doubt it.
oh the sweet sweet irony
Back to Top
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Joined: 11 March 2004
Location: Turkey
Status: Offline
Points: 8102
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:



Cartels do operate in marijuana...

1

2




Linus, find a "cartel" that only sells marijuana. Most of those coke dealers were problably just selling it on the side because it's easy to grow and easy to sell. If it were legalized, they wouldn't start killing people over it. Hell, marijuana would problably start to go bad by the time it was shipped from Mexico to your local area.
Back to Top
druidsdecendant View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Language 9/3

Joined: 21 July 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 260
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druidsdecendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Originally posted by druidsdecendant druidsdecendant wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Counterquestion.

Why are tobacco and alcohol legal?

Counter-Counterquestion. When something is illegal, why do people start it, continue to embrace or embellish it and even glorify the act?

Just because something is illegal doesn't make it wrong. Mostly in the case of marijuana at least.

If everything about it were "right," it wouldn't be illegal. Since it is, then it's wrong. Let's not mince words here...what you consider 'right,' others won't. And here's the real kick in the pants for you...Laws are written with the intention of protecting society as a whole...not succomb to the whims of a few. Your personal freedoms don't include draining society of it's resources because you'd rather stone yourself into a purple haze than get a job. (not YOU personally, you as in 'the general populace') It doesn't matter what you and I think...it only matters what the government says...and they say it's illegal and if you get caught, _____ happens to you. Period. All the belly-aching in the world isn't going to change it.

Here's another thing to consider...there are way too many people NOW - that are dumb as a brick while running around SOBER...now we should support them when they are dumbed-down even further? No way. I already pay out 28% in taxes to support all the government entitlements...like welfare, food stamps, CHIP (medical stuff like welfare), the estranged-institutional-bound (mental issue), the 500+ lb, obesemonstrosity that can't even get out of bed to urinate, let alone work. You all are not my responsibility. Me and my family are. That's it. I will support the anti-drug laws until my death.

There are way too many goof-off-juveniles that can't behave themselves WITHOUT drugs/narcotics...now give them a reason to be more stupid? I don't think so. There's only one good thing about this whole mess...job security for me.



Edited by druidsdecendant - 15 May 2006 at 3:51pm
68 Classic Mag; PMI .68 Magnum; Maxed Stage5 Ion; M98 Scenario creation in the works; - You EPunks are all alike-all mouth until you reach the tailgate section of the field...then you "were j/j"
Back to Top
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 05 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5899
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 3:45pm
I'm not sure why everyone is making such a big deal out of this stuff.  Just because it's not legal doesn't mean nobody's going to smoke it.  If it was legalized right now, I really don't think anything would change exept people would just go to a corner store to get weed and not call up their dealer.  As far as I'm concerned, marijuana is as legal as it's ever going to get and I'm not one to change that.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.188 seconds.