FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A contraversial question..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Originally posted by druidsdecendant druidsdecendant wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Counterquestion.Why are tobacco and alcohol legal?

Counter-Counterquestion.

When something is illegal, why do people start it, continue to embrace or embellish it and even glorify the act?

Just because something is illegal doesn't make it wrong. Mostly in the case of marijuana at least.

But it also doesnt make it right.
I guess smoking weed is morally wrong then...
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Originally posted by druidsdecendant druidsdecendant wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Counterquestion.Why are tobacco and alcohol legal?

Counter-Counterquestion.

When something is illegal, why do people start it, continue to embrace or embellish it and even glorify the act?

Just because something is illegal doesn't make it wrong. Mostly in the case of marijuana at least.

But it also doesnt make it right.
I guess smoking weed is morally wrong then...

To each man his own....

But think about it.. you provide drug cartels money, which in turn they use to kill innocent people and honest politicians.

Just that fact alone makes it morally reprehensible.

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 5:19pm
Well maybe if it was legal, there wouldn't be drug cartels, and it would be more like the tobacco industry.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 5:20pm
I thought I read somewhere it was actually originally outlawed as an economic "attack" on some country.  China maybe?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 5:22pm

Well maybe if it was legal, there wouldn't be drug cartels, and it would be more like the tobacco industry.

Drug cartels wouldnt turn into law abiding corporations over night.. or sometimes, ever.

They would just fight eachother to have dominence over the ability to make more and sell more... like gang wars here in the US.

Innocent people would still die. The politicans would say "Screw it, too many innocents dying" and it would start over again.

Edited by Linus - 14 May 2006 at 5:22pm

Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 5:50pm

Drug cartels wouldnt turn into law abiding corporations over night.. or sometimes, ever.

They would just fight eachother to have dominence over the ability to make more and sell more... like gang wars here in the US.

Innocent people would still die. The politicans would say "Screw it, too many innocents dying" and it would start over again.
First of all, after reading the last few posts of yours Linus, I suggest you either study up or stay out of future marijuana threads. These drug cartels you are talking about are the ones that deal with heroin and cocaine, rarely marijuana. Most marijuana is grown by a private grower who then sells their own plants to dealers.

Edit: Private, not privet..

Edited by Apu - 14 May 2006 at 5:54pm
I need a new Sig...
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 5:52pm
Its a safe bet Linus has no idea how the whole "system" works, so dont worry.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 5:52pm
There aren't many Marijuana cartels. You get that with harder drugs.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 6:02pm

First of all, after reading the last few posts of yours Linus, I suggest you either study up or stay out of future marijuana threads. These drug cartels you are talking about are the ones that deal with heroin and cocaine, rarely marijuana. Most marijuana is grown by a privet grower who then sells their own plants to dealers.

Apu, dont undermine my knowledge of this topict. There are cartels that deal with marijuana for the simple fact to make money!

THAT is the reason why cartels exist... MONEY $$$$$$$. It doesnt matter hwat illegal drug, cartles exist.

Here's one

Originally posted by Site Site wrote:

Oscar Arturo Arriola-Marquez headed cocaine, marijuana cartel

And another

And learn to read, I specifically said "Drug cartels", not "marijuana cartels".. which means they operate with a few different types of drugs.

Wow.. dont jump to conclusions just to "prove" me wrong.

Edited by Linus - 14 May 2006 at 6:04pm

Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Like tylenol.

saepe fidelis
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Like tylenol. 

Those tylenol rings get pretty crazy. Dudes get shoot over the non-drowzy stuff.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 6:26pm

I think it should be legalized. I don't smoke pot-but I don't care if you do. Doesn't affect me at all. The problem isn't with conspiracies, or weird taxation policies, in my opinion, it's with societies view of pot in general. What lawmaker is going to stand up for someone's right to smoke pot? That person is therefore deemed as a pothead, or a radical left-wing nutjob and will lose alot of political points in the arena.

As for the cartel comments, in my opinion that's kind of a mute point. You don't need marijuana cartels-you can grow it in your own home. I don't see why a cartel would waste it's time with it. Besides, more innocent women and children will die in this country (please read that statement-THIS COUNTRY) from drunk drivers than drug cartel related deaths. But I don't see anyone clamoring to start up prohibition.

Besides all of that, our current system isn't stopping most people from smoking it. If they want it, they buy and smoke it. And it will be legalized at some point.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 6:49pm
Strato.. people can make meth in their homes too.. yet a lot more people buy it. Hmmm....

Edited by Linus - 14 May 2006 at 8:12pm

GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 6:53pm

Strato.. people can make meph in their houses too.. yet a lot more people buy it. Hmmm....

reminds me of tom clancys clear and present danger, im reading it right now, its pretty good....for those who dont know it actually breaks from the cold war thing and goes into the columbian drug stuff, its pretty interesting, even though its fiction

dark assassin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark assassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

Too much money would go to the maker of Doritos.

haha brilliant
It's like a new pair o underwear, at first it's constrictive, but then it becomes a part of you."

-Garth
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 7:14pm

Strato.. people can make meph in their houses too.. yet a lot more people buy it. Hmmm....

i did meph once... crazy stuff.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 7:22pm

First, this problem still occurs, so what does this point do to help your argument that it should still be illegal?

Second, these innocent people that die, where do they come from, and what makes them so "innocent" if they are a part of a drug cartel? I kind of doubt that people who dont smoke/do drugs come into much contact with the cartels, if at all, so these "innocent" people dying dont carry as much leverage in this arguement as you may think.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 7:34pm

Assuming that you're talking about meth, marijuana is a lot easier and more common to grow. You can't even compare the two.
I need a new Sig...
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:00pm
its only illegal if you get caught
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

First, this problem still occurs, so what does this point do to help your argument that it should still be illegal?
I properly explained it in my post.. it's not that hard to get. Here, I'll say it again.

Say tomorrow, an illecit drug was legalized all around the world. Drugess rejoice!

Now.. the old cartels who used to make that stuff illegally are able to make it legally, ending all reason for them to want ot kill innocent politicans, correct? WRONG.

These cartels, now "corportations" would fight eachother to get rid of their competition, (Crips and Bloods, anyone?)

During this fighting, many innocent bystanders are bound to get killed. When that starts happening, politicians will rethink their stance and go "Hmm.. maybe not much did change since we legalized it.. just made it more profitable for the "companies".

So they will lobby to put sanctions on it to hopefully stop the madness. In turn, the "companies" will assassinate these politicans so that they dont have to deal with many laws and can just focus on the $$$$.

THIS, in turn, will make politicians say "They kill us after we legalize it.. so why keep it legalized?" and it will get banned again... going in an endless cycle when soemone goes "Oh but these drugs doesnt hurt anyone"

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Second, these innocent people that die, where do they come from, and
what makes them so "innocent" if they are a part of a drug cartel? I
kind of doubt that people who dont smoke/do drugs come into much
contact with the cartels, if at all, so these "innocent" people dying
dont carry as much leverage in this arguement as you may think.
Wow, I cant believe you screwed up what I said THAT badly.

Innocent people, IE bankers, the guy owning the grocery store down the street, the bus driver, the school children, the taxi driver, the construction worker, the fisherman, the farmer, the teacher, the garbage man, the TV repair man, the phone technician, the guy that says "Can you hear me now?".. THEY are innocent people.

I never once said ANYTHING REMOTLEY close to "the innocent people in the drug cartel"

Edited by Linus - 14 May 2006 at 8:16pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic