Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A contraversial question..

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Joined: 05 October 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6050
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 2:01pm
Let me ask you this Druid, since you seem so hard-headed and misguided I won't waste my time eslewhere......you say you have kids, correct? Do you love them? I assume so.

My simple question to you is, isn't your love for them, stronger than your hate for drug-users? I mean, I would hope that no matter what they did, you would still love your child and want the best for them! I would hope that you would never give up hope on them, and turn your back on someone you loved! Who had done nothing to you, other than experiment and fulfill a desire, and instinct that exists in every human's body?

I think you are a pathetic man, and one not worthy of a loving family, to be brutally honest with you.

You are so shallow, that it truly disgusts me, and I feel sorry for your children, your family, and anybody that is unfortunate enough to come across you and your narrow mind, and dull wit.

I'm not surprised to find out your are a LEO. Please do me a favor and come to California and try to act like a hardass with me, because I will show you what a rude awakening really is.
"People who see the future earlier than others are always feared and misunderstood." - Jose Canseco
Back to Top
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Joined: 06 July 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Status: Offline
Points: 10299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by druidsdecendant druidsdecendant wrote:

In the case of drug usage, yes.No offers to help, consolidate, no nothing. There is no help. That's what you don't understand. Once on drugs, always on drugs. I see it every day...the re-arrested derelicts of life that just can't (or won't) leave it alone.


That is not due to the drug itself completely. There are many factors that lead to relapses after recieving PROPER treatment for addiction(again, marijuana is not addicting physically, only mentally, in the same way that sex, gambling, bowling, etc are), for instance returning to the same environment, same types of people, being pressured into it again(and like chewp said, this isnt a very effective mean of getting someone to do drugs).

In most cases, however, the legal system fails to give propper treatment for people who are arrested and addicted to drugs(again, which doesnt include marijuana, because it is not addictive). This comes from simply imprisoning them, probation, fines, whatever the punishment may be.

Quote Bad parenting is allowing it to go on. Bad parenting is not being involved in your child's life so much that you are blind to them doing it. Bad parenting is "turning the other cheek." They know not to do it...because of the law and what I say. If they aren't going to listen to me about this, then what is in store next? I'm not dealing with it and they know it. Use it and leave. period.


Agreed, but negligence is also bad parenting. You neglect your child after you find out that they made a mistake, and it is wrong. You say there are these moral implications with the use of weed or salvia, yet you see nothing wrong with kicking out your own child on to the streets, or better yet, into the company of the people they may have tried it with? You say those people are bad, but it seems you would rather send her to them than face the ugly side of parenting.

Here is what is happening to your children. They are becoming conditioned to only fear what you would do to them if they were caught. They fear that the one person that can fulfill the role of a male influence of their life will kick them to the curb and leave them with very little, and rightfully so, because that is what will happen. They act good, do well in school, and all in all they are your little princesses. They may say the know the moral implications with using weed, and they might say they dont do it because they dont want to, and they may believe that is the reason they dont, but I would be willing to bet quite a bit that subcosciously your punishments are what prevents them from doing something, and negative conditioning such as that has been proven innefective and inferior to other types.

But, I can almost guarantee you that when they are allowed to go out on their own, be it college or not, there will be no more threat of losing that father figure, and the thought of losing everything(this time non-materealistic) is pushed into the back of their mind, and they will let loose in some form or another, whether it be drugs, alcohol, porn, illegal immigrant smuggling, whatever.

Quote yes I'd have a problem with it. It's a mind-altering drug/device. Even certain cough syrups are restricted and if they had to take it from the doctor, they'd take it. But I'd sit in vigil and watch them closely and make sure there are no ill-effects from it. This is hardly the point though. Hallucinogens alter your mind's perception and often reduce your reasoning and restrict your ability to function properly.

Alcohol also alters one's mind, but you dont mind that as long as they are of age.

Quote That's not her responsibility and it's reckless of you to think it is.

I agree that it is not her responsibility, but is it the wrong thing to do to drive a drunk friend, or even someone you dont even know that is drunk, home so they don't endanger themselves and other people on the road? It seems logical to say that you would rather your daughter leave them to be and endanger them and others so that she does not have to fear your reprocussions, does it not?
Quote They put their own lives at risk by engaging in the act. If I knew they were in that state, the rest of the PD would be called as well as their parents. Since it's the parent's DUTY to provide the safety that the children obviously discarded by their choices..

That last statement proves Snake, me, Whale, Cedric, and everyone else that has called you a hypocrit correct.

You have just said that it is the parents duty to provide the safety their children need if the children put their safety into danger themselves, but you also say you will kick out your daughters if they are caught. You just proved to everyone you are using bad parenting methods yourself.

Quote My children will not...not while under my roof...involve themselves with these kinds of 'friends.' It's not my child's responsibility to bail the loser  out of trouble, not be their taxi driver. And here's something I should have said a long time ago...My oldest (17) chooses on her own not to associate with these types of people.

And that is awefully noble of her, but again, see above where I pointed out that she only fears your reprocussions.

Quote There's no debating the legality issues of a known narcotic. There's no justification to even listen to it. You align yourself with the outlaw mentality or the notion that it should be changed...for what? the opinion that people can handle it? I beg to differ. In any other crime, would you be so apt to defend their cause? Most likely not. Just because you don't 'see the harm' in it, you are close minded to the effects it really has...beyond the feeling of what the drug does. Do yourself a favor...get an internship and work in a prison for a while. Then come back to me with a pearl of wisdom.

I agree, there is no debating what is legal and what isnt, but it is possible to debate what should be legal, and what shouldnt, as many people have done before us. And no, I wouldnt, because most other laws are in place to protect people from things that can do a substantial amount of harm. However, I would have a hard time condemning someone for stealing food to keep their family alive if they needed to.

And again, im am not close minded, because if I were, I would not have already weighed my options and read everything I have. I dont think ecstasy should be legalized, because it is extremely harmful and provides very few benefits worth noting even while on the drug. The same goes for heroine, crack, and all other hard drugs. You are closed minded because no matter what you choose to group a helpful drug with the rest that do nothing but harm.

Quote Because it's the 'right' thing to do.

What gives you the right to determine what is 'right'? You provided no argument there, did nothing to help your cause, and only furthered my points.
Quote suure...wast more public tax dollars for a crappy science project. I got a better idea...put the $$ towards NASA's asteroid collision budget so a rock the size of New Hampshire doesn't render the planet uninhabitable.

So, we shouldnt 'waste' tax dollars on this, but the funding of creating a drug from scratch, which costs more to produce and test, and takes on average 15 years to complete before the government can test it or set regulations is not considered 'wasting'. Good to know.

Quote I hide behind nothing. I wear the badge to prove it. You don't like me because I hate the idea of legalizing something that shouldn't be. What's next? Harder drugs? Child Pron? A line has to be drawn because it's allowances open the doors for bigger threats. MJ is one of the first steps towards bigger and better drugs. The line's drawn and should never be erased.

By that toek, we should still be allowed to have slaves, black people shoul not be able to vote, women should not be able to vote, black people would count as 3/5ths of a person, Jim Crow would still have all of his laws, 18 would not be the legal voting age, presidents would not have a limit to the number of terms they could hold office, and many other things should be the same they were when the constitution was written?

There is a nation of people who will disagree with you on that point, seeing as how there is something in the bill of rights that helps out everyone in some small way.

It has also been argued as to why it should be legalized, just read the entire thread, and also  read the post debunking the myths of MJ, and realize that weed does not leed to hard drugs.

Quote If you support an illegal cause, you are as guilty as the one's commiting the crime.

Daniel Ertel-Moore
17211 Rolling Creek Dr
Houston, TX, 77090.

That is my god honest adress, so ome arrest me on the grounds that I think weed should be legalized, which I do. This is one of the few times that freedom of speech is being applied the way the authors of the constitution meant, and I will be more than happy to recite the first ammendment, word for word, and pick it apart for you so that you realize you can not arrest me for supporting something like that.

Quote We'll not go there...you are obviously trying to incite some type of internet riot.

Why not? It is a viable argument, and I am only trying to point out the uselessness of the "my opinions" argument at the instance in the debate.
Quote again with the name calling...it's funny how when someone's losing their arguement, it happens

I never said you were stupid, I said what you said was stupid, and it was.

It is funnier, though, how someone retreats in their shell and protects themselves by thinking they are being attacked at times they are not.

Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 2:06pm
This thread isnt even about drugs to me, since I've never done drugs. Yes, Ive drank, but thats it.

to me, this is all about your parenting, and how strict you are. I find it absolutly absurd, if not idiotic that if your kid has a beer with friends after finishing their finals in their first year of university, that you wont let them back into your house. How does that make sense?
Back to Top
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 2:06pm
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Back to Top
-ProDigY- View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
strike 1 4/20 faliure to follow sig rule

Joined: 20 December 2002
Location: Argentina
Status: Offline
Points: 7268
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ProDigY- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 2:08pm
Dude, Gatyr, I'm in Houston right now. Stuck in the airport. Come
visit me and keep me company.
Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Think for yourself. Question your sexuality.

lawl


Originally posted by -ProDigY- -ProDigY- wrote:

Dude, Gatyr, I'm in Houston right now. Stuck in the airport. Come
visit me and keep me company.


Dude, gatyr, go!
Back to Top
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Think for yourself. Question your sexuality.

lawl

Timothy Leary will smite you from the clouds.

Back to Top
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Joined: 06 July 2003
Location: Austin, Tx
Status: Offline
Points: 10299
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by -ProDigY- -ProDigY- wrote:

Dude, Gatyr, I'm in Houston right now. Stuck in the airport. Come
visit me and keep me company.


Im gonna try to sweetheart.
Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 2:23pm
Start running if you cant drive.
Back to Top
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Outranked by guitarguy?

Joined: 11 September 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11227
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 2:36pm
Run Forest, Run!
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.203 seconds.