Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

polished internals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pieterjan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pieterjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: polished internals
    Posted: 11 May 2006 at 5:17pm

I heard the custom pro has polished internals and the custom 98 doesn't. Could someone explain to me what polished internals are???

greetz from belgium

so war es und so wird es immer sein...

custom 98 black ACT
32degrees drop forward
empire reloader 2
cp classic 1piece barrel 14inch
preset bottle
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 5:51pm
It doesnt have polished internals.

Polished internals are internals that have had excess paint removed.

Polishing your internals also voids your warrenty.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 6:59pm

Removing Powdercoating overspray from the internal workings should not void your warranty , and I doubt it very much if Tippmann would not honor their product warranty because of this .

In answer Your question , its what YWSM said and done in a way that just removes overspray ,,, is very beneficial to your marker's performance in cycle times , shot to shot velocity consistency , and reduces bolt and reciever wear .

It is one of the most dramatic performance enhancements you can make to your marker for the price of a little time and effort ! PM me and I can give you detailed instructions for your review and approval sometime over the next few days for this modification , and some other low budget tips for 98 Customs .

Also I suggest doing a search for a topic called "Mother of all trigger jobs" posted by Layman a couple years ago (In Upgrades and Customizing ),, very detailed and useful information for Custom 98 owners .

Edited by Shadowminion - 11 May 2006 at 7:05pm
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 7:07pm
If you take too much off and screw something up it will.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 7:14pm
Use paint stripper to get the excess paint off, that way it won't void your warranty.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 7:36pm
Paint stripper wont remove powdercoating,,,, I work in Aerospace metal finishing and with just about every technology around , electroplating , anodizing , powdercoating , epoxies , Etc ,,,, Trust me on this one,,,, even Methyl Chloride wont touch that stuff they coat tippmann's with .
dark assassin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark assassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 7:39pm
then how come i scratched the crap out of my A-5
It's like a new pair o underwear, at first it's constrictive, but then it becomes a part of you."

-Garth
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 7:43pm
Scratching is easier than removing all together.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 7:46pm

Maybe you used sandpaper instead of "Polishing " compound ? 

The only grade sandpaper I would EVER take to the inside of a marker would be 1000 grit wet or dry to remove a terrible scratch or gouge , and then I would be Ver-r-r-y Careful about taking too much material off !!

I am talking about polishing with something the consistency of toothpaste , in fact Unless you have acess to ultra fine diamond rouge (1500 grit) , cheap toothpaste works fine for polishing a smooth surface (Like the bore of your markers barrel) and if done properly , leaves a clean minty fresh aftertaste in the mouths of your opponents ! 

Seriously tho,,, we are talking about polishing an aluminum alloy ,, aluminum is soft and easy to work ,,, try polishing out those horrendous scratches you now have Dark Assasin ,,, with some worn out green scotchbrite . the more worn out the better , fresh, or new green pads will be too agressive on the metal of your marker .

Edited by Shadowminion - 11 May 2006 at 7:55pm
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 8:19pm
i did not know that polishing innies voids the warranty. someone should have told me this before i did it :P

jk.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 10:14pm

take it from one who knows, dont do it.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
darkandstormy_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkandstormy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Shadowminion Shadowminion wrote:

Removing Powdercoating overspray from the internal workings should not void your warranty , and I doubt it very much if Tippmann would not honor their product warranty because of this .

In answer Your question , its what YWSM said and done in a way that just removes overspray ,,, is very beneficial to your marker's performance in cycle times , shot to shot velocity consistency , and reduces bolt and reciever wear .

It is one of the most dramatic performance enhancements you can make to your marker for the price of a little time and effort ! PM me and I can give you detailed instructions for your review and approval sometime over the next few days for this modification , and some other low budget tips for 98 Customs .

Also I suggest doing a search for a topic called "Mother of all trigger jobs" posted by Layman a couple years ago (In Upgrades and Customizing ),, very detailed and useful information for Custom 98 owners .

do you know of any for the a5

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 7:31pm
Most of the mods you hear about for the 98 Customs , can and have been done sucessfully on the A-5 's , trigger work , polishing the internals Etc all can quite sucessfully be adapted to the innerworkings of the A-5,,, after all they are very similar internally , both are open bolt blow-back tippmanns , same principals of operation and manufacture . sorry for the run-on sentences , but gotta hurry and get cleaned up , Girlfriend is taking me out for my birthday this evening ,,,, may even get some Woo-Hoo Time  !!
PaintballPIMPIN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
STRIKE 1 - NO SELLING ON THE FORUM 3/31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballPIMPIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2006 at 9:08pm

anyone ever hear of steel wool??

and i have no doupt lacker thinner would take it off with a few wipes, my father owns a shop, and that crap rocks when stripin clear coat and overspary off stuff

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic