FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

this makes me want to kill someone!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 10:14pm

ok bought some steel wool used it and burned most of what was left (still got bit left though just in case) it is so cool when it burns trick is to blow on it.

so is wax/polish completey necessary? it is good now but the bolt still doeen't feel right when i cock it back, still rubbing against insides will polish/wax fix this? (cant test with air yet though)

so what do i go with: turtle car wax for $5

or maas metal polish for $10?

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
eldiablo_si View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eldiablo_si Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2006 at 3:17pm
I didn't use any polish or anything.  It doesn't seem logical to me to use a polish and then cover that with oil.  It just seems like it would be kind of pointless.  I would just clean it like you would clean dishes with  hot water, dish soap, and a spunge.  Then oil it and you are good to go.  If you really want to you could put your oil on the little buff attachment of a dremel and turn it on low so as not to throw oil everywhere.
A-5 w/ APE E-Grip, Polished Internals, 12" Lapco Bigshot, GTA X Chamber, Dead On RVA, Trinity Spring Kit, Smart Parts Inline On/Off, Smart Parts Anti-Siphons
Not All There View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Not All There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2006 at 3:40pm

I used wax just do add a little more fine abrasive buffing to it, than i washed everything and tried to remove any of the wax left on it to allow it to oil well..

Air

Tippmann 98 Custom
-Polished Internals
-Cyclone System
-16" Smart Parts Linear Barrel
-Double Trigger
-Responce Trigger
-Painted and Milled Shell
-Nitro

www.notallthereracing.com
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 2:19pm

ok i used it yesterday and it works great.

not sure if im gona use wax or not.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic