Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Really confused

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RiseEffect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiseEffect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Really confused
    Posted: 10 May 2006 at 3:10pm
Well I was just testing my gun to my brothers and I dont under stand how his 5 year old piece is better than mine.  Both Fps's are at the same
I have a 98c with a Flatline (refurbished ~2 weeks old)
He has a model 98 with the stock 98c barrel
He hit the target I was aiming at 9 out of 10 times
While the flatline screwed off in diffrent directions, now I've read the articles on the flatline and how it curves if you dont hold it straight, so I did an experiment.  I used like half a roll of duct tape onto my deck posts so it was perfectly straight.  Shot it 10 times with 1 second intervals and not 1 hit in the same area, Whats wrong?!
Stoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 3:12pm
Inconsistent gas source probably.

It doesn't matter how old the gun is. I've had my A-5 for 4 years and you would think it was new if you saw it.

Edited by Stoz - 10 May 2006 at 3:12pm
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 3:26pm

yeah, becuause everyone knows how sturdy half a roll of duct tape is....

X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiseEffect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 4:28pm
Actully it is really sturdy..Smart one..
And its just filled co2, do you mean something beyond that?
dark assassin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark assassin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 4:32pm
have you ever taken apart yur gun..if you have..sumthing might be wrong (most of the time a spring) this has happend to me alot
It's like a new pair o underwear, at first it's constrictive, but then it becomes a part of you."

-Garth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiseEffect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 4:45pm
Yeah I have taken it a part a few times and I followed the schematic and it looked good.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 4:53pm
Is the Flatline installed correctly?

If it is slightly off it will have an adverse effect on accuracy.
massproduce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote massproduce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 5:35pm
 how do you allign a flatline barrel correctly? or is it trial and error?
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 6:28pm
If the flatty is hooking shots off in weird directions, you need to clean your barrel. The flatline has zero tolerance for filth. Even with a eprfectly clean barrel you will not get amazing accuracy compared to mid or high end barrels, but the range will continue to be impressive.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
woodsballman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 7:01pm
I've found out that the slightest bit of wind will really take them and make them go in different dirrections
tippmann custom pro
E-trigger
cyclone feeder
21" core barrel
or 11" stock barrel
20 and 9 oz co2 tanks
or Brass Eagle Talon Ghost
with copperhead red dot scope
and a wooden stock
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic